Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Seriously?

I think he just means that there hasn't been any prohibition on people of the same gender sharing a room, thus theoretically if a same sex couple were deployed together they might be able to arrange sharing quarters.

There was a guy deployed with us last time that most of us figured he was teh ghey. He had a few "companions" that summer.

Was his name Fudge by any chance?

• 4 weeks later...
Thread revival. The "Shit ___ Say" meme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ape62FDOavo... Highlight for me was the non-rated O-5 making fun of customer service at Finance.

Anyone here insulted like this commenter was?? Anyone.....? Bueller...??

This is another example of the video tradition of officers that are both damaging to the moral of the enlisted and breaking down of respect for rules and military discipline. I would love to see what promotion boards actually think if these things are part of a promotion package.

Thread revival. The "Shit ___ Say" meme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ape62FDOavo... Highlight for me was the non-rated O-5 making fun of customer service at Finance.

Damn, I think I've said most of those things this week. Well done.

Anyone here insulted like this commenter was?? Anyone.....? Bueller...??

Festivus?

• Upvote 1

I would like to point out that the guy making all the negative comments on that video is into "Live action role playing" and posted many videos about it. Here's an example of "Live action role playing"

YCMTSU

I can't stop watching this.

Oh, and the poster's screen name is "sexdwarf"...I'm guessing there's some irony there, but figured I point it out since this is my 69th post.

Bergman:

In general, whining about meaningless crap isn’t a good look for an officer, but this seemed like some harmless silliness. That being said, although I doubt an LOR/LOC is on the way, I don’t think anyone would be surprised if the Lt Col involved was invited to have a quiet conversation with his boss about this the relative merits of silliness.

Bergman:

In general, whining about meaningless crap isn’t a good look for an officer, but this seemed like some harmless silliness. That being said, although I doubt an LOR/LOC is on the way, I don’t think anyone would be surprised if the Lt Col involved was invited to have a quiet conversation with his boss about this the relative merits of silliness.

Dude, your reflective belt is wrapped too tight.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe the tobacco issue has anything to do with the morality police -- I think it's just a tax/AAFES issue. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. The bigger issue here has been the great sickness of Nov 2011, which is causing more GI distress then you even want to imagine. Hopefully that's in remission too.

For me, the most cosmic mystery about the undisclosed location in South West Asia is the threshold rule. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) they don't play by that rule at the undisclosed Army base here or at any other Army base in theater. Don't know whose rule it is or if anyone has ever really pushed to test (congressional, etc) but it amazes me we are forced to live with it. As a 20 year married dude it isn't a real concern of mine (like tobacco) but the policy has always surprised me.

Oh, and this place is hell -- I had to drink my Bombay and tonic last night with no ice.

It really makes sense when you deploy a married couple to the same place for six months. In an Army base, they'd live together. In an Air Force base, they can't set foot in each others' rooms. Where's the sense in that?

Edit: I hadn't seen that they were revising the policy. If so, it's about damn time.

Edited by pawnman