Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

It may sound ironic but Muslims believe most of the the same things as Jews and Christians (i.e. Abraham, Jesus, and Moses were prophets); however they also believe that Muhammad was the final prophet of God.

What separates the three apart:

Belief in Abraham: Jews, Christians, Muslims

Belief in Jesus: Christians, Muslims

Belief in Muhammad: Muslims

I'm not trying to start a protracted theological debate, but the value of what you just posted above is the equivalent of saying the images below are essentially the same because they both depict people. Just saying.....

sistine-chapel.jpga.jpg

• Upvote 2

All three of you,

Fuck off. I was merely pointing out the irony of one religion basing its precepts on the foundations of a religion that is over four thousand years old and then spending the next 1400 years pitting itself against the religion on which it was based...to the point where a large segment of the new religion states as one of its goals wiping the foundational religion off the face of the planet. Thanks for the second grade history lesson.

Good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-1.jpg?t=1283492362

Edited by Napoleon_Tanerite
  • Upvote 2

I'm not trying to start a protracted theological debate, but the value of what you just posted above is the equivalent of saying the images below are essentially the same because they both depict people. Just saying.....

sistine-chapel.jpga.jpg

Come on....clearly they aren't the same...the one on the bottom depicts giant faces without bodies...all of the ones on top have bodies.

Too easy...

Neither Jews nor Christians think Jesus was a prophet.

Eh I didn't convey that part very well. The muslims think Jesus was a prophet- didn't mean to lump Christians and Jews with that belief... but you're right that is how it read. My bad. What I was trying to convey was that Muslims also believe in those three individuals as a part of their religion.

Now back to the buffoonery at the deid. Sorry for the derail.

All three of you,

Fuck off. I was merely pointing out the irony of one religion basing its precepts on the foundations of a religion that is over four thousand years old and then spending the next 1400 years pitting itself against the religion on which it was based...to the point where a large segment of the new religion states as one of its goals wiping the foundational religion off the face of the planet. Thanks for the second grade history lesson.

By the way, third grade history would show that Muslim anti-semitism is a fairly new thing, really only a post WWII thing. Anything else to add skippy?

How about we get back to talking about Deid buffoonery? Like how many cans of Cope I'm going to have to pack in my "72 hour bag" in a few months . . .

You don't want to give away all the acquisition secrets on here...there may be people watching and scheming up ways to counter our creative smuggling techniques....

Beware of the SNAP user post #1 "Hey guys, I'm getting ready to deploy to the desert and I heard there are no more tobacco products for sale there...How are guys getting tobacco over there?? I can't live without it...please help!"

Is it just me or does this just fall in line with all the recent AFN commercials and basewide emails? I saw a commercial a few months ago downrange that said "Smokeless tobacco has no place in todays military" and just yesterday I recieved an email about " Base Smoke Out" (which I took as something completely different) which talked about no smoking on 17 Nov. WTF!

And the no drinking thing is starting to spread to other locations even outside the Arab world. Or they make it so restrictive you don't even bother, like "every other 2nd friday of the month between 2130 and 2145." Combine that with the ridiculous pre/post/yearly health assessment questionaires (you know if you mark "drink more than threee drinks in a sitting" it gets flagged, some bullshit numbering system and if you score a certain number you get a talking to...or worse). Everybody lies on those things but shit now lying on it isn't even good enough.

I have a bad feeling that drinking in the military is only going to be looked upon worse and worse.

Cooter

I saw a commercial a few months ago downrange that said "Smokeless tobacco has no place in todays military"

Yeah, right. Maybe the person who thought that up is a bit out of touch with some of the things our guys are doing in "today's military"...

afghan_troops_1029.jpg

9390d1198007966-canada-war-panguay-2c-20firefight-201-20-2002.jpg

2001.jpg

Edited by Rainman A-10

• 5 weeks later...

Just found out I'm getting a CAOC tour, any word on the tobacco situation?

As of a couple days ago when I was there, AAFES managed to get a few palettes of cigarettes but no dip and were limiting people to one pack of smokes per purchase. Still no dip though. A lot of the dudes that were inbound brought a bunch with them in their personal bags for themselves or to market to the masses with no problem. There also didn't seem like there was anything on the horizon for getting a new waiver signed by the Qataris anytime soon...

There is not an end in sight to the tobacco ban. Currently, they do not limit "personal use" tobacco that is brought in through customs. So bring as much in as you want/need for your deployment.

or to sell to all your "friends". Has anyone heard/know if this is in affect anywhere else in the region or is it just the deid?

• 3 weeks later...

AFCENT/CC waived the threshold rule for married folks. Married folks can now visit and cohabitate with their significant other.

I like the line "members will be living in close quarters, thus, it is expected that married members will be considerate of others and behave accordingly"

AFCENT/CC expects "installation commanders to make resasonable accomodation, to the greatest extend possible, to provide approved married quarters."

WTF? Someone with common sense stepped into a position of power?

The Mayan's were right... this is the end of the world.

WTF? Someone with common sense stepped into a position of power?

I wouldn't hold my breath, It's more likely that the Chinese have hacked into the AFCENT/CC's computer and put this message out as a joke.