Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Most seem not to mind spartan conditions - the problem is not so much with the external suck making life bad as our own leadership unnecessarily doing it. Many would probably rather work on a more spartan FOB which didn't have as many shoes with nothing better to do than make everyone elses life difficult.

'3'

I'm at the Deid right now as a transient coming out of an Iraq COB. We got away with murder at the COB and had a great time doing it. We rarely wore reflective belts, we ordered custom baseball hats with our names on them and wore them on the flightline, and had a great time. When our replacements showed up, they were pulled off the plane by a tuxedo-shirt clad Porter. It was a memorable shoe-less time and place. You won't see that at Deid.

Blue skies,

PD

P.S. WTF is up with the Opstown bus playing "Verbal Advantage" over the speakers?

I have been known to say that time and time again... I would much rather live in tents, eat MREs, etc. if it meant no shoes around to "manage" all the extraneous crap in this "combat zone." When deployed bases start having SAVs, Room Inspections, and exercises.... when people have TIME to coordinate and oversee that crap.... it's time for some folks to go home. As long as there's shit and people to move, I'll stay, but send some of these noners home so those who actually have a mission in this fight can get on it with it unimpeded.

Also heard a rumor of a little known provision that transients are only required to wear clothing "similar to" PT gear. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

I passed through the Deid at the end of July. We were told specifically during the silly in-processing/Right Start/whatever-the-fuck-it-was brief that ABUs, flightsuits, or AF PT gear were the only acceptable clothing. Nothing said about clothing "similar to" PT gear.

Guest bikerdood

Most seem not to mind spartan conditions - the problem is not so much with the external suck making life bad as our own leadership unnecessarily doing it. Many would probably rather work on a more spartan FOB which didn't have as many shoes with nothing better to do than make everyone elses life difficult.

Yup. Best deployment I've had was the one where I had to set up my own tent while in crew rest for the first day's flying and had no idea where my next non-MRE meal was coming from. Three months later, the shoes started showing up and acted like they owned the place.

Yup. Best deployment I've had was the one where I had to set up my own tent while in crew rest for the first day's flying and had no idea where my next non-MRE meal was coming from. Three months later, the shoes started showing up and acted like they owned the place.

...well, at least there were those three months...

I heard some CC-ites complaining about people getting to live in BPC.

Stay here for a year, ######ers, and you can live in BPC.

BTW, the Ramadan mandatory fasting program turned out to be smoke and mirrors. It was probably meant for local eyes and not non-Muslims.

BTW, the Ramadan mandatory fasting program turned out to be smoke and mirrors. It was probably meant for local eyes and not non-Muslims.

You all can have the BPC. Move as many of you fuckers out so we can have peace and quiet and not be quadrupled up in a closet.

Not every fucker in BPC is there for a year. Some not even close - like 2 months. Others are in the closets for 5 months, home for 4, and then back in the closets again.

Not every fucker in BPC is there for a year. Some not even close - like 2 months. Others are in the closets for 5 months, home for 4, and then back in the closets again.

The biggest foul on leadership is the DV "1+0" configured rooms. The rooms are fairly nice as far as deployed locations go. Even having one is a luxury...do you really need to take up two of them?

Damn it. I knew the Deid was bad from the last time I was there 4 years ago, but this thread is depressing me. I'm supposed to go with my unit in May for 4 months, but I have volunteered to go with another unit in January because of a member having family health problems. So that means 8 months at the Deid and I don't play well with toolboxes

Damn it. I knew the Deid was bad from the last time I was there 4 years ago, but this thread is depressing me. I'm supposed to go with my unit in May for 4 months, but I have volunteered to go with another unit in January because of a member having family health problems. So that means 8 months at the Deid and I don't play well with toolboxes

tools there are nothing...you should see their collection of shoeboxes...

I don't want to bring the thread down any further, but saluting in PT gear is making a comeback.

On the other hand, I saw a guy last night wearing an orange traffic vest with flashing red LEDs. It rocked.

Saw a guy there a few weeks ago with a pink reflective belt and pink reflective suspenders. Pretty funny.

Saw a guy there a few weeks ago with a pink reflective belt and pink reflective suspenders. Pretty funny.

Yup. I saw a similar situation. I guess the upper management here will never learn that if you treat people like children, they will act like fucking children. Novel concept, I know.

Any word if our great leader will be issuing a Rosh Hashanah memorandum?

I mean if we have the time to amend AF 36-2903 69 times a day and issue a Ramadan memo it only makes sense...

Does every thread have to be an Obama-bash? Here's your fucking video idiot. This president, like those in the past, generally sends out message celebrating every holiday imaginable. Grow up.

On topic...glad to hear some people have enough sense to make a mockery of reflective belts :thumbsup:

Today is "International Talk Like a Pirate Day" and I haven't seen a message for that yet.

Arr mayte! 'Tis a shame thee Captain of Captains has not acknowledged the most swashbuckling of all holidays, ITLAP Day! Shiver me timbers and etc...

Too bad, I would give any President that send out a message for ITLAP Day one thumb and one hook up!

I don't want to bring the thread down any further, but saluting in PT gear is making a comeback.

On the other hand, I saw a guy last night wearing an orange traffic vest with flashing red LEDs. It rocked.

Guy is in our squadron. He's waiting for batteries for his LED-scrolling belt buckle.

Arr mayte! 'Tis a shame thee Captain of Captains has not acknowledged the most swashbuckling of all holidays, ITLAP Day! Shiver me timbers and etc...

Too bad, I would give any President that send out a message for ITLAP Day one thumb and one hook up!

Maybe the first speechwriter matey couldn't find a Somali translator on short notice?

Does every thread have to be an Obama-bash? Here's your fucking video idiot. This president, like those in the past, generally sends out message celebrating every holiday imaginable. Grow up.

Easy there nsplayr. I don't think this had anything to do with obama. I think the reference was to the ramadan (sp?) policy letter from a few pages ago. The letter was from a brig gen, not potus. Relax....

slacker, I thought he was talking more generally about Obama's Ramadan message and by calling him "great leader," it was an obvious reference. I got the vibe of "Obama is pandering to Muslims..." so it was an easy kill to actually post the Rosh Hashanah video.

If the reference was only to the policy memo at the Deid then I stand corrected, but I don't think it was; feel free to correct pitt.

Anwyays, back to your regularly scheduled Deid bashing and I'll un-twist my panties...

Today is "International Talk Like a Pirate Day" and I haven't seen a message for that yet.

I'm proud to say I'm in the midst of my first night ever at the Died (leaving soon) and everyone was talking to tower and ground in their best pirate voices: awesome!

As a correction... it was not a bash on the CinC.

It was directed at the "leadership at the 'died"

Trying to make the point, dont do for one what you wouldnt do for others....

ergo, if we have a Ramadan memo....let's have a Rosh hashana memo...easter memo...pagan new year memo...

But as a lot of the other dudes mentioned, the ramadan memo might have been window dressing...it didnt stop me from having pork at the chow hall.