Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Beers at the MUFF on me

Uhhh, Scooter...maybe you missed this on the previous page:

Figured all you headed out to the 'Deid would like to know that the host nation has decided that we no longer need alcohol to keep this place running. Went to the BRA tonight and all that was left was half a bottle of Cuervo, Hennesey, and something they're calling the beer of the month (read leftover that no one wanted)

Just when I thought this place couldn't get any worse.

And this:

They order their booze from the same folks... sad. The Muff isn't completely dry (I had to say it) yet, but its probably getting close. The Thunder Box (Aussies) has been closed for almost 2 weeks now for lack of booze. Do we have to go to war with Qatar now? Going to war over oil is one thing, but the Lefties will at least have to understand going to war over a lack of booze!!!

Guest Rusty Pipes

Beer and booze is back at the Deid... for now at least. They got a shipment for the Superbowl and still had plenty at the DEL last night. Not sure if the regular shipments are back on or not.

Uhhh, Scooter...maybe you missed this on the previous page:

I was there once when the shipment was late. All we had was Gin and Smirnoff Ice for a couple of days. Not good.

A few of our Services troops (who are the distro agency for booze in the AOR) are there, so I e-mailed one of them. Lots of hear say, most of which was already discussed on the board, but he said that the shipment was held up and it would be back any day now. That was two days ago.

Looks like it's back.

Besides, I did some research, and all the alcohol is brought into the country under one distributor. How much do you think that guy is losing on us? I'd say people drink 4000+ drinks a day there. That's a lot of Dinar. If you are a businessman, you care about one thing...the bottom line.

I'm a cynical optimist. Of course I'm gonna offer to buy the first round, even if they say there is no booze. Ya gotta have faith. Afnav gets me in, he gets drinks on me. Cooter knows I'm good for it.

Edited by Scooter14

Besides, I did some research, and all the alcohol is brought into the country under one distributor. How much do you think that guy is losing on us? I'd say people drink 4000+ drinks a day there. That's a lot of Dinar. If you are a businessman, you care about one thing...the bottom line.

The currency in Qatar is the Qatari Rial...the Dinar is used in Iraq. Also, 1 million dinar is only a few bucks lol...it's not that bad, but it is a pretty high exchange rate. I've carried bags and bags of the stuff from Baghdad to our base. The Iraqis still get paid with cash.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is a good topic top start. Share your horror stories, or better yet, copy and paste emails from dudes REMFing you. Here's a copy of an email a fellow pilot in my squadron received. It will be posted on the white board shortly to be ridiculed for days. This thread should be interesting.

Here's the first...

Capt,

Just a note to clarify our discussion on Feb 18 at the OPS town DFAC. I addressed you and pointed out that your mustache was not incompliance of 36-2903 you stated that “I must have let it get bushy” and seem embarrassed and offended that I engaged you on this matter. To my dismay you returned to the DFAC on the 19th mustache unchanged. I did not reengage you at this time because of your attitude the night before. Please resolve this issue at your earliest convenience, so we can put this issue behind us.

From 36-2903: page 14 line 6

Mustache Will not: extend downward beyond the lip line of the upper lip or extend sideways beyond a vertical line drawn upward from both corners of the mouth.

Your mustache was past the outside of your lip, and must not extend past the outside of your mouth to be in compliance.

With pride in serving.

Dale

Edited by g2s

Good topic start? A revival maybe...I swear I've heard this before...

"Leadership at the Deid"

http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/index...showtopic=14214

followed by...

"READ THIS FIRST"

http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/index...showtopic=12377

I believe UTFSF is in order.

EDIT: You posted twice, so I replied twice...FIRST.

Edited by Spoo

Goog topic start? A revival maybe...I swear I've heard this before...

"Leadership at the Deid"

http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/index...showtopic=14214

followed by...

"READ THIS FIRST"

http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/index...showtopic=12377

Toro,

Would UTFSF be in order?

Yeah, yeah, I screwed up and posted it twice. Need mod help for that. Now that I've received a virtual-REMFing by Spoo (though very justified), can the mods please remove or place this thread somewhere else as you deem necessary? Sorry for the extra work.

UTFSF? WTFO.

Yeah, yeah, I screwed up and posted it twice. Need mod help for that. Now that I've received a virtual-REMFing by Spoo (though very justified), can the mods please remove or place this thread somewhere else as you deem necessary? Sorry for the extra work.

UTFSF? WTFO.

No worries...notice I'm a veteran "poster" with 44 to my credit...I've obviously earned the right to pass judgement.

UTFSF = Use The Search Function. Have an Air Force day! :vomit:

Edited by Spoo

g2s

You've got 250+ posts on here and you don't use the search function? Sorry dude, big time fail!

Secondly, you deserve the lashing because it is February! Mustache madness doesn't start until March! You should be sporting a flattop this month, and not blatantly cheating by growing a mustache early for next month's competition!

Lastly, I deleted your duplicate thread, and will merge this into the already robust 'Died thread. You owe me a beer, and not that crappy stuff you're drinking now!

Cheers! M2

g2s

You've got 250+ posts on here and you don't use the search function? Sorry dude, big time fail!

Secondly, you deserve the lashing because it is February! Mustache madness doesn't start until March! You should be sporting a flattop this month, and not blatantly cheating by growing a mustache early for next month's competition!

Lastly, I deleted your duplicate thread, and will merge this into the already robust 'Died thread. You owe me a beer, and not that crappy stuff you're drinking now!

Cheers! M2

M2,

You're right. No quibbling and no excuses. Also copy, no fake beer for you. The flattop is currently in effect. In my squadron we believe that 15 pieces of flair is the minimum. We don't like the minimum. We like to express ourselves more than the minimum, so we kept the flattops and started mustaches early. If you're not cheating, you're not trying. Right?

OK, I couldn't search for PT Uniforms...woudn't let me.

But, every time I think of the AF PT uniform, I think of the Died, so...

Anyone know how I can get my hands on aplain old gray AF PT sweatshirt? I saw them at Hanscom, but of course they had way too small and Omar the Tentmaker. No Large or XL in sight. I've got the MC Hammer suit, just looking for the sweats.

AAFES.COM? No dice. Didn't even have my T-shirt size, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

If anyone sees one around (and/or a few Large t shirts), PM me.

OK, I couldn't search for PT Uniforms...woudn't let me.

But, every time I think of the AF PT uniform, I think of the Died, so...

Anyone know how I can get my hands on aplain old gray AF PT sweatshirt? I saw them at Hanscom, but of course they had way too small and Omar the Tentmaker. No Large or XL in sight. I've got the MC Hammer suit, just looking for the sweats.

AAFES.COM? No dice. Didn't even have my T-shirt size, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

If anyone sees one around (and/or a few Large t shirts), PM me.

Just go with a small or medium- chicks dig the too small t-shirt look.

I think this is a good topic top start. Share your horror stories, or better yet, copy and paste emails from dudes REMFing you. Here's a copy of an email a fellow pilot in my squadron received. It will be posted on the white board shortly to be ridiculed for days. This thread should be interesting.

Here's the first...

Capt,

Just a note to clarify our discussion on Feb 18 at the OPS town DFAC. I addressed you and pointed out that your mustache was not incompliance of 36-2903 you stated that “I must have let it get bushy” and seem embarrassed and offended that I engaged you on this matter. To my dismay you returned to the DFAC on the 19th mustache unchanged. I did not reengage you at this time because of your attitude the night before. Please resolve this issue at your earliest convenience, so we can put this issue behind us.

From 36-2903: page 14 line 6

Mustache Will not: extend downward beyond the lip line of the upper lip or extend sideways beyond a vertical line drawn upward from both corners of the mouth.

Your mustache was past the outside of your lip, and must not extend past the outside of your mouth to be in compliance.

With pride in serving.

Dale

It's too bad that everyone got on you so bad for starting a new thread that no one commented on the absolute gayness of this email. This kind of crap makes me want to vomit. Any info on who the dude that sent the email was? I'm assuming a non flyer Chief type.

this kind of thing started at al dahfra several months ago, now its made its way stateside

http://www.hill.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123088303

"Military members in the 75th Air Base Wing with a BMI that is greater than 30, or lower based on group commander's discretion, or present an unprofessional military image will receive a memorandum for record, said Col. Linda Medler, the 75th ABW commander.

This MFR will direct the individual to lose three to five pounds a month through diet changes, increased exercise and Health and Wellness Center classes until they are under the 30 BMI, she said. Most individuals will remain in the program for at least six months because behavior changes take at least that long to take effect and become lifestyle changes."

He was a SMSgt, AMXS, herbivore type. Not sure what aircraft.

Officers that allow this type of crap to continue enable these "NCOs" to feel more empowered.

"Sergeant, report to me at whatever time to discuss" would have been my emailed response. When Dale (nice professionalism there SMSgt), reported I would thank him for his attention to detail and knowledge of the regulations. I would also complement him on letting me know that he thought the 'stache was out of regs. I would then remind Dale of his responsible to police the enlisted ranks and that his email to me was inappropriate...especially this part:

To my dismay you returned to the DFAC on the 19th mustache unchanged. I did not reengage you at this time because of your attitude the night before. Please resolve this issue at your earliest convenience, so we can put this issue behind us.

What happened next would depend on his attitude. Guessing from his email, I think Dale might be put at attention and reminded in a more formal manner of basic military rank structure and customs/courtesies.

If you're an "O", stop letting this happen to you!!

Guest Bender
Officers that allow this type of crap to continue enable these "NCOs" to feel more empowered.

"Sergeant, report to me at whatever time to discuss" would have been my emailed response. When Dale (nice professionalism there SMSgt), reported I would thank him for his attention to detail and knowledge of the regulations. I would also complement him on letting me know that he thought the 'stache was out of regs. I would then remind Dale of his responsible to police the enlisted ranks and that his email to me was inappropriate...especially this part:

To my dismay you returned to the DFAC on the 19th mustache unchanged. I did not reengage you at this time because of your attitude the night before. Please resolve this issue at your earliest convenience, so we can put this issue behind us.

What happened next would depend on his attitude. Guessing from his email, I think Dale might be put at attention and reminded in a more formal manner of basic military rank structure and customs/courtesies.

If you're an "O", stop letting this happen to you!!

Good thinking there, LT.

I'm willing to bet 2 bagsa dongs that that guy would just light you up.

He is responsible to police the enlisted ranks, but your ass is not different.

I would NOT be surprised if you went around yelling at 19 year old kids, that work a lot harder than you, about why you didn't get saluted.

If I know one thing: It's that the people that for 1) Actaully talk to Dale, don't feel the need to mention it on Baseops.net and 2) People that talk to Dale, don't actually have any other place for him to report to other than HIS SQ/CC's desk.

Don't bull shit me. I've played this game you claim to have played 3 times. Everytime he reported to my SQ/CC, not me. F_ck, I don't even have a desk over there.

There are right ways to do shit and wrong ones. I suppose you'll figure this one out. Good luck with that.

Nice avatar BTW.

BENDY

Good thinking there, LT.

I'm willing to bet 2 bagsa dongs that that guy would just light you up.

He is responsible to police the enlisted ranks, but your ass is not different.

I would NOT be surprised if you went around yelling at 19 year old kids, that work a lot harder than you, about why you didn't get saluted.

If I know one thing: It's that the people that for 1) Actaully talk to Dale, don't feel the need to mention it on Baseops.net and 2) People that talk to Dale, don't actually have any other place for him to report to other than HIS SQ/CC's desk.

Don't bull shit me. I've played this game you claim to have played 3 times. Everytime he reported to my SQ/CC, not me. F_ck, I don't even have a desk over there.

There are right ways to do shit and wrong ones. I suppose you'll figure this one out. Good luck with that.

Nice avatar BTW.

BENDY

Dude, I had to read that 4 times in an attempt to ascertain your point. Edit for coherence.

Guest Bender
Dude, I had to read that 4 times in an attempt to ascertain your point. Edit for coherence.

"Good thinking there, LT."

I like that you feel this way, this BS is out of control. I suggest you choose you battles.

"I'm willing to bet 2 bagsa dongs that that guy would just light you up."

If the battle you choose is your mustache being out of regs and getting called on it...wait for me to be there before you do that....I wanna watch.

"He is responsible to police the enlisted ranks, but your ass is not different."

The reg is the reg is the reg. You wanna break it, go for it. It destroys your credibility...I hope you never actually need that one day. Most "O's" don't. Some actually need that. If you have a question here, PM me...

"I would NOT be surprised if you went around yelling at 19 year old kids, that work a lot harder than you, about why you didn't get saluted."

Ssame guy that was "looking the other way" when the General drive by. I hate saluting people in their car, they hate it too...but, it's what you do...so do it.

"If I know one thing: It's that the people that for 1) Actaully talk to Dale, don't feel the need to mention it on Baseops.net and 2) People that talk to Dale, don't actually have any other place for him to report to other than HIS SQ/CC's desk."

If you are going to take up something about morale and disciple with a SMGT...1) Do it right, 2) Have someone else there, 3) Where the f_ck are you making him "report" to? Swing by my room to talk about my people's housing situation, swing by my room to talk to me about getting beer cards for my folks.

You wanna talk to me about how I follow rules and how I conduct myself. You can report to my SQ/CC, I'll meet you there, right after I report in too. We can talk about it. It'll be fun.

"Don't bull shit me. I've played this game you claim to have played 3 times. Everytime he reported to my SQ/CC, not me. F_ck, I don't even have a desk over there."

I think I've explained here.

"There are right ways to do shit and wrong ones. I suppose you'll figure this one out. Good luck with that."

There is nothing I can add if you don't get it already.

"Nice avatar BTW."

It is a nice avatar.

SO...read it again douche. Let me know what you think.

BENDY