Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

So whose doing their best effort to conserve water? Combat 3-5 minute showers while the plants in front of the BPC continue to be watered.

Only commenting because of my frequent misspellings.....if you mean who's as in "who is" versus whose, as in "whose shirt is untucked" then you would be right.

And I love the fact that we're too fucking cheap to actually fix broken door knobs and shitters without seats, or bolts to hold those seats in place, but we've got the dollars to spend $3,000 a piece for new solar lights between the CC and the Better Person's Compound. Oh yeah, and the walkway as well......I love misplaced priorities.

So whose doing their best effort to conserve water? Combat 3-5 minute showers while the plants in front of the BPC continue to be watered.

I can only guess that the water shortage is due to the Qataris having to refill the river that runs through the mall down in Doha, after it was drained to repaint/reseal.

Any sense of "combat zone" I might have had was completely shattered late last week when I discovered that we are, literally, a 20 minute drive from a totally modern city of 1M+ people who couldn't give two shits that we are here (and likely don't know that we are, either).

I can only guess that the water shortage is due to the Qataris having to refill the river that runs through the mall down in Doha, after it was drained to repaint/reseal.

Any sense of "combat zone" I might have had was completely shattered late last week when I discovered that we are, literally, a 20 minute drive from a totally modern city of 1M+ people who couldn't give two shits that we are here (and likely don't know that we are, either).

The only reason no one knows we're here is because the trees that are put up to block the site of those aircraft and the base that can be seen from the major highway. I’m sure that no one who works here (TCN) ever talks about the “Huge American Flying Base” that is located here.

Dudes at the Deid - while I'm sure no one would admit to having a copy, if you could post the latest AUAB 36-2903 supp I'd appreciate it. Some of us are passing back through, and we've been having a talk about fighting fire with fire (i.e. being able to cite their shoe clerk BS to refute some extra shoe-ness.)

We want to see if some stuff is actually in there - like not having a headlamp around your neck in the dark.

We're betting it's not. Yet.

Dudes at the Deid - while I'm sure no one would admit to having a copy, if you could post the latest AUAB 36-2903 supp I'd appreciate it. Some of us are passing back through, and we've been having a talk about fighting fire with fire (i.e. being able to cite their shoe clerk BS to refute some extra shoe-ness.)

We want to see if some stuff is actually in there - like not having a headlamp around your neck in the dark.

We're betting it's not. Yet.

I'll have to work tonight to get it. If you need any hints on how to really screw with their heads, PM me and I'll check my account in about 10 hours.

Believe it or not, I'd rate the overall shoecon as low right now. Nothing like the heady days of the october revolution last year. i've yet to have anyone say something about my black batman belt, and at this point I don't expect them to. Shoe policies aren't going away, but it seems that they are not being as stringently enforced with the new leadership out here.

I was there for 2 weeks recently and made every effort to walk around with my shirt untucked and no reflective belt. I even walked to the pool in my swim trunks and flip flops then stopped at the BRA afterward to have some beers and no one ever said anything to me. It may have been my "talk to me and I will fucking rip your head off" look I usually sport, or maybe the place is getting better.

• Upvote 1

I was there for 2 weeks recently and made every effort to walk around with my shirt untucked and no reflective belt. I even walked to the pool in my swim trunks and flip flops then stopped at the BRA afterward to have some beers and no one ever said anything to me. It may have been my "talk to me and I will fucking rip your head off" look I usually sport, or maybe the place is getting better.

I'm BQZip01 and I support this message

• Upvote 1

As requested. I post this fully knowing that I don't care who downloads it or who sees that i put it up here. Download away.IC-2 AUABI 36-2903, Dress and Personal Appearance for Air Force Personnel.pdf

Just to ask this question for those of you out here. Do we really need a "Hail and Fairwell" in the desert? Only been here for 4 months, and you need a parrty to tell you that you did a good job? Really? How about a pat on the back, 6 beers your last night here, and maybe a medal if you deserve it, not just because you were out here.

Hail and Fairwell in the desert.....I hate to ask this question, but what's next?

Edited by capt4fans

Guest Hueypilot812

I find it funny that the AEW/CC is the approval authority for any aircrew to have their name in Arabic on their name tag. Really? Guess we might offend the locals by having our names in their native language...I know that would piss me off...

I guess I broke that rule when we flew into the Deid about 18 months ago in the IqAF C-130, and I was wearing my IqAF name tag (ie, IqAF wings and my name in Arabic) that they gave me as a gift.

Edited by Hueypilot812

Well guys, you can blame the next revision to 36-chowmyhog on me. I went to war yesterday on the headlamp issue in the chow hall, and won. At least, as we all know, until the shoes regroup and specifically ban them around your neck. I have to give credit to the shirt in question, though: he was very respectful, and therefore so was I.

But yeah, crew dogs +1, until the next revision . . .

Well guys, you can blame the next revision to 36-chowmyhog on me. I went to war yesterday on the headlamp issue in the chow hall, and won. At least, as we all know, until the shoes regroup and specifically ban them around your neck. I have to give credit to the shirt in question, though: he was very respectful, and therefore so was I.

But yeah, crew dogs +1, until the next revision . . .

Headlamps? Huh?

So I just saw the Ginger crusing the CC BX. After throwing up in my mouth a bit (standard) I noticed she's wearing a pair of crocs. I was VERY tempted to REMF her on it on the grounds that turnabout is fair play, but I refused to become what I hate.

ETA: Also, there is a definite reduction in shoeness around here. I walked all the way from the FAR trailer by the cops all the way to Fox Sports with my University of Miami hat on last night, and not one shoe said anything to me. This time last year it would have been like storming the beaches of normandy to pull something like that off.

Edited by Napoleon_Tanerite

ETA: Also, there is a definite reduction in shoeness around here. I walked all the way from the FAR trailer by the cops all the way to Fox Sports with my University of Miami hat on last night, and not one shoe said anything to me. This time last year it would have been like storming the beaches of normandy to pull something like that off.

I pulled off a similar effort the other night. I made it from the other side of the CC all the way to Fox Sports with no reflective belt. Hung out for an hour or two, and even sat outside and enjoyed a cigar, then walked back to my trailer and got ready for work. Never even got a look as far as I could tell.

I pulled off a similar effort the other night. I made it from the other side of the CC all the way to Fox Sports with no reflective belt. Hung out for an hour or two, and even sat outside and enjoyed a cigar, then walked back to my trailer and got ready for work. Never even got a look as far as I could tell.

I was sitting in the Haji coffee shop a few nights ago and saw a Capt in a bag walk by with no reflective belt on. I wonder if that was you? Either way :notworthy:

As a side note, I am now sporting my new black reflective belt. Getting lots of compliments by my fella Herk brothers but have been unable to hook a shoe yet. :banghead:

Edited by HerkFE

I was sitting in the Haji coffee shop a few nights ago and saw a Capt in a bag walk by with no reflective belt on. I wonder if that was you? Either way :notworthy:

As a side note, I am now sporting my new black reflective belt. Getting lots of compliments by my fella Herk brothers but have been unable to hook a shoe yet. :banghead:

HerkFE....glad you made it back. I wish it was me, but I'm sporting the new Oak leafs on my shoulders. Geuss that means I should start setting the example and wearing a disco belt..........Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Enjoy the flight back home. I know you're leaving sooon.

HerkFE....glad you made it back. I wish it was me, but I'm sporting the new Oak leafs on my shoulders. Geuss that means I should start setting the example and wearing a disco belt..........Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Enjoy the flight back home. I know you're leaving sooon.

Congrats, and screw being an example. Tell 'em to look elsewhere if they need an example.

Yep, one more week until the tents then three days after that.... :drinking:

And to the brave Captain out there with no belt who we will never know.... :salut: