Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

SrA Yummybritches wore revealing clothing because her leadership wanted three beers per day and to be left alone and did not care what she wore, and did not understand the waterfall effect of his piss poor leadership.

Beer and American tail...I think that's worth fighting for (and admiring).

I'm betting that "your Airmen" don't think as highly of you as you think they do. It comes across as HUGELY condescending. 99.69% are big boys and girls and if treated so, act so. For that percentage of airmen who fcuk it up, intentionally or not, the chain of command, with the first NCO in the chain is supposed to handle this. And it only gets bumped up until the lowest link in that chain fixes it.

• Upvote 6

Beer and American tail...I think that's worth fighting for (and admiring).

I'm betting that "your Airmen" don't think as highly of you as you think they do. It comes across as HUGELY condescending. 99.69% are big boys and girls and if treated so, act so. For that percentage of airmen who fcuk it up, intentionally or not, the chain of command, with the first NCO in the chain is supposed to handle this. And it only gets bumped up until the lowest link in that chain fixes it.

S H A C K

The base commander did say that, every time. And it didn't work. SrA Yummybritches wore revealing clothing because her leadership wanted three beers per day and to be left alone and did not care what she wore, and did not understand the waterfall effect of his piss poor leadership. And so we find ourselves in the sky is falling scenario that you describe. And we blame the shoes and the base commanders and the host nation. It could have been avoided.

Who was the base commander at the Deid in '04 when the policy changed? Because I was deployed there at the time and that wasn't the reason we were told why the PT gear was implemented.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the civvies thing may have been pushed from higher than wing level, since more than one base in the AOR made the exact same change on the exact same day.

For someone doing a lot of preaching about leadership, this is piss poor leadership logic.

You don't have to draw an imaginary line 10 feet back so that folks don't cross the actual line.

And another 10 feet prior to that. We've all seen it in every aspect of the Air Force. Taking CBTs for every ORE leading up to an ORI so you can be "more green", the OG/CC setting a time for a briefing, SQ/CC pushes that back 15 minutes, FLT/CCs push THAT back 15 minutes, soon you're sitting in the base theater an hour before the briefing is supposed to start, one crew does something stupid in a plane and we're all watching a video of the CFACC telling us not to dick around...

• Upvote 1

And another 10 feet prior to that. We've all seen it in every aspect of the Air Force. Taking CBTs for every ORE leading up to an ORI so you can be "more green", the OG/CC setting a time for a briefing, SQ/CC pushes that back 15 minutes, FLT/CCs push THAT back 15 minutes, soon you're sitting in the base theater an hour before the briefing is supposed to start, one crew does something stupid in a plane and we're all watching a video of the CFACC telling us not to dick around...

Isn't that called "leadership"?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...