Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

It's true. Same thing for Ali Al Salem. Sounds like AFCENT delegated authorizing civilian clothes off duty to the individual Wings, so each base gets to set their own policy. My guess is nothing will change in Afghanistan, but if you are in one of the outlying "combat zones" (actualy phrase used by the command chief here to describe Salem) you'll get to wear your Bronie T-shirt and jorts when you aren't working.

Wow, I'm glad AFCENT was worrying about this instead of the 6-month medal backlog. Not really a big deal for officers, but the E-dogs that hack the mish are getting bent over when it comes to promotion points.

Make sure you take care of your people, right? Right.

• Upvote 1

Wow, I'm glad AFCENT was worrying about this instead of the 6-month medal backlog. Not really a big deal for officers, but the E-dogs that hack the mish are getting bent over when it comes to promotion points.

Wow. If you ever needed proof that pilots will bitch about anything. . .

People have been complaining about this asinine policy for years. AFCENT finally does the right thing and delegates the rule to the most sensible level, and pointless bitching about unrelated topics immediately ensues.

• Upvote 1

I give this one week. As soon as SrA Yummybritches walks out to the BRA in her ass hugging short shorts with her lower back tattoo hanging out we are right back into reflective polyester.

Sounds like scooter is part of the problem. He even has one-off metrics. What do we do about SrA Yummybritches? If your answer is "nothing," fair enough. If your answer is something else, you are a problem on this board. Would you enforce some kind of uniform standard or would you let anything go? I'd seriously like to read your answer.

Your complaint is ridiculous. Do you really think the AFCENT Awards and Decs division has been slacking in processing medals because they were the ones coming up with a new uniform policy?

• Upvote 2

Sounds like scooter is part of the problem. He even has one-off metrics. What do we do about SrA Yummybritches? If your answer is "nothing," fair enough. If your answer is something else, you are a problem on this board. Would you enforce some kind of uniform standard or would you let anything go? I'd seriously like to read your answer.

SOF,

I've been doing this for a lot of years now. These big AOR bases are the Epcot Center of Air Force bullshit (I didn't make that one up, but it fits).

The AF as a whole subscribes to the "one person shits their pants and we all wear diapers" philosophy. I could give a flying fuck if Yummypants shows up in daisy dukes or you show up in assless chaps. Give me my three drinks and leave me the fuck alone.

My point, which you so eloquently missed, is that all it takes is one person to be "inappropriate" in either leaderships, host nations, some bible thumpers, whoevers viewpoint and the whole thing will implode.

So, what were you saying again?

I rarely post, but choke yourself.

• Upvote 2

after 2651 posts, this thread finally gets good!

ETA: The host nation pushes a lot of dumb shit (immigration policy), but I will bet my three beers for a lifetime that it's American leadership who gets butthurt about something someone wears and ruins it for everyone.

Edited by Napoleon_Tanerite
  • Upvote 1

Wow, it's been 4 months since the last post here. Just today, the commander authorized civilian clothes for all military on base.

How long until someone screws this up?

My first response was, "NFW!" but after reading the rest of the discussion, apparently this is legit.

I honestly can't believe it!

Dare I say that common sense is finally making a return to the USAF? I wasn't aware we were having trouble with recruiting/retention (yet).

There hasn't been a Corona since he has been CSAF has there? I would not be surprised at all if he has quietly told GOs to "rethink your priorities"

Fall CORONA was a week and a half ago (it's always the week of the home service academy football game).