136 AW Carswell JRB, TX

Guest rotor_head

Guest rotor_head

Hello to all,

I'm trying to find a contact at one or both C-130 units there at the JRB. I'm looking to transfer my Army wings over to Air Force and get an AQC slot. If anyone knows an Operations officer or good POC i would appreciate the help. I'm trying to get back to the Ft Worth area from Florida.

Thanks in Advance

shawn

Hello to all,

I'm trying to find a contact at one or both C-130 units there at the JRB. I'm looking to transfer my Army wings over to Air Force and get an AQC slot. If anyone knows an Operations officer or good POC i would appreciate the help. I'm trying to get back to the Ft Worth area from Florida.

Thanks in Advance

shawn

The 181st is the flying squadron within the 136th wing. There are not 2 separate flying Guard units.

Do not have POC, though. I think herkderka is in the unit, he may know something.

Guest classicsolo

This is actually for UPT but there will be POC Information in here as well.

Texas Air National Guard

Click on Military Position Vacancies then...Officer Positions.

Application Due by 02 Sep 08.

Edited by classicsolo

• 1 month later...

The application deadline was 1 Sept 08. I just got the call yesterday and will be interviewing next week. Anybody else going to be there? Also, do any of you guys know specifics about the unit that might be helpful to know?

Thanks,

XJT-FO

The application deadline was 1 Sept 08. I just got the call yesterday and will be interviewing next week. Anybody else going to be there? Also, do any of you guys know specifics about the unit that might be helpful to know?

Thanks,

XJT-FO

They fly C-130's? Do you have more specific questions? I'm not with the unit, but will be applying next year and live in the area. PM me if you want to grab a beer next week and we'll talk about it. Dontshavemyhead, the same goes for you.

Well I'm qualified enough to interview. I'll take that for FWIW. I'll give it a go and see what happens. I can be honest and say that it's not the best of weeks for me So I'll just try the best I can for the circumstances at hand... I live in Houston and have been flying for the past 6 days. I timed out for the week and am stranded in Newark until tomorrow, when IAH opens back up. I have no idea if my apartment is in tact or my car survived in the employee lot. DAMN YOU IKE!

Oh, anybody know how many slots are they trying to fill?

I hate flying into Houston... Below is the normal way things work down there....

Conditions around Houston, TX: Bad weather within 400 miles, visibility under 5 miles, ceiling less than 3000 ft.....

IAH: CLOSED

HOU: OPEN!

I had to go missed the other week because I was within 5 miles of the guy in front of me!!! 5 MILES!! That was with 10 miles and 3000 scattered... Then we got yelled at for not slowing to final outside the marker even though they told us to maintain 220. I actually asked for the tower's phone number!! (had to be a first) Ridiculous operation down there... With the hurricane I can only imagine that IAH will be closed for about 2 weeks longer than HOU.

How did the interviews go?

That's a great question! I got a call on Monday asking if I could make an interview on Thursday. I live in Houston, which was messed up by Ike and they wanted to know if it would even be possible for me to make it there. (Just got power and water back yesterday). I said I could be there because all I have to do is jumpseat up there and be on my way. I imagine that the interviews didnt happen because I never recieved the email stating specifics about their interviews.

So.. Stay tuned! I will update if I hear anything else. I hope I didnt miss it all together!

That's a great question! I got a call on Monday asking if I could make an interview on Thursday. I live in Houston, which was messed up by Ike and they wanted to know if it would even be possible for me to make it there. (Just got power and water back yesterday). I said I could be there because all I have to do is jumpseat up there and be on my way. I imagine that the interviews didnt happen because I never recieved the email stating specifics about their interviews.

So.. Stay tuned! I will update if I hear anything else. I hope I didnt miss it all together!

The email didn't get to me either so I called and they had to give me directions to the unit, being from out of town, etc. Great group of people up there and the most laid back interview Ive had yet. They said it would be a while before they let everyone know who was selected. 1 prim 1 alt

• 4 months later...
The email didn't get to me either so I called and they had to give me directions to the unit, being from out of town, etc. Great group of people up there and the most laid back interview Ive had yet. They said it would be a while before they let everyone know who was selected. 1 prim 1 alt

Has anyone heard back from the unit? I interviewed back in Sept but never heard anything afterwards.

Has anyone heard back from the unit? I interviewed back in Sept but never heard anything afterwards.

Uhhh, yeah, you might want to follow up on that. I know DD says "it'll be a few months," but if it were me I would have checked in by now.

But I heard that they selected a chick who worked for Lockheed and that #1 and #2 alternates were enlisted dudes in the unit.

Edited by dontshavemyhead

Uhhh, yeah, you might want to follow up on that. I know DD says "it'll be a few months," but if it were me I would have checked in by now.

But I heard that they selected a chick who worked for Lockheed and that #1 and #2 alternates were enlisted dudes in the unit.

I'll check up on it. Good to at least have an idea. I talked to the girl from Lockheed while we were waiting to interview. She was really cool, so not surprised she got the slot. Excellent choice on their part. Thanks for the info! :rock:

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Anybody on here have any up to date info about the 136AW/181AS in Ft Worth? They have a posting on the Texas Military Forces job site but no direct contact info, only an e-mail for questions.

What are you trying to find out? Just call the base recruiter.

• 4 months later...