Allowing Baseops pop-ups

Toro

Alright, against my will I apparently have been upgraded to IE 7.0. One of the 'perks' to this upgraded service is that it has a built in pop-up blocker which I cannot figure out how to disable. Anytime I try to click on something within this site that has a pop-up (post numbers, hyperlinks in the reply page), it pops up the "IE has disabled the pop-up blocker...bla bla...click here for options." From there I can select, "temporarily allow pop-ups" but I have to do it at every new page.

Anybody know if there's a way to permanently disable this for specific sites?

Yeah, I used to get the same thing when I try to add a URL or something...it said 'This website is using a scripted window to ask you for information. If you trust this website, click here to allow scripted windows..." but it only allows me to temporarily allow scripted windows.

To fix it, go to ‘Tools’ and ‘Internet Options,’ then under ‘Security’ select ‘Custom Level.’ I had to scroll down to where it said to allow for scripted windows to run. I am sure there is an option there for your problem as well...

Cheers! M2

Toro

Give Firefox a try - it is mucho better than IE7, IMO. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/firefox/

Yeah, when my IE took a giant dump a few months back, switched to Firefox and love it. The problem is that since I moved, I cannot get Firefox to log on to about 90% of my sites - not even Google. It gives me the white screen that says "Forbidden. You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list."

I don't know if it's because of my location (Germany) or because I'm currently using AF internet (hard lines and wireless).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest F16crewdwgg
Yeah, when my IE took a giant dump a few months back, switched to Firefox and love it. The problem is that since I moved, I cannot get Firefox to log on to about 90% of my sites - not even Google. It gives me the white screen that says "Forbidden. You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list."

I don't know if it's because of my location (Germany) or because I'm currently using AF internet (hard lines and wireless).

This is just a thought, since I worked at geeksquad and all... Try uninstalling firefox, downloading and install the latest version. It should sync up. If you still get the same error, let me know and I will try to do some research on it for you.

You can always try IceWeasel, it's like firefox but better and totally free :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest F16crewdwgg
Nope. I swapped computers (not because of the problem), so I don't have to worry about it any more.

Ah.. Well let me know if you need help with your old one. You can always do something like put Ubuntu (linux) or something of the like on it. Which is free and pretty easy to use. It also runs great because it does not need alot of hardware resource.

If your interested pm me...