Blues on Monday

okienav

I about shit myself when I saw the email this afternoon. I can't wait to see everyone on Monday with "pocket crunch". You know, when your f-ing pants are way too tight and you pockets bunch up on ya and you can actually see the white from the inside of your pocket. It'll be hilarious. I have only one pair of pants that somewhat fit, but I think I may just find my tightest pair and throw them on for laughs.

I'm thinking the CSAF has stock in AAFES. Those prisoners who make our uniforms are going to be working overtime!

saw the official memo yesterday. if no one beats me too it, i'll post it tomorrow AM. this blows!

Check page 4 bro

If you're a flyer - your uniform is the bag. Period, dot, period, dot. I don't care if you're flying a line that day or not or sitting in the basement of the puzzle palace.

Go tell the mx guys that they can only where their BDU's on days they actually turn a wrench. That would be total BS. It's not like Blue's are the only "official" AF uniform and the only one that portrays a "professional" image. That is also BS.

I've seen lots of marine aviators in digies with wings sewn on.

You've never seen that - Marine uniforms do not have wings sewn on. All breast insignia (wings are a "breast insignia" in USMC uniform terminology) are metal, and are pinned on.

So does this mean that the CSAF is going to spring for heated parking lots and sidewalks for those balmy winters in Alaska? Or do we now just get to bust our asses in -20 degree temps while sliding around the ice skating rinks/parking lots from October until April? Lets see if YakTraxs and flight boots don't give you traction corframs definitely will! How about this for an idea lets waste $69 million more dollars researching how to make corframs (sp?) have a better tread instead of I don't know... replacing aircraft?

I'm bitching about PAED... I feel terrible for the poor bastards at PAEI...

The Guinness commercials said it best "BRILLIANT!"

Word we got from our first shirt (at the NAF) is that nothing has arrived via official channels, so it's flight suit as normal this Monday this Desk Pilot.

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

Guest loadsmasher0381

I love finding these little gems in my inbox from people who so blindly follow...enjoy!

All,

I’m sure everyone has read Lt Col XXXXXX's e-mail concerning the CSAF-mandated wear of the blue uniform. Make no mistake about it, every Monday, beginning 8 Sep, you WILL wear blues. Yes, there are exceptions: P.T., flying, block training, pre-flights, or anything having to do with the flight line. Don’t get caught not following this direction for the consequences will be dire!

Loadmaster Schedulers,

Make a roster and annotate every loadmaster that you personally contact about this. I want 100% accountability of all available loadmasters by COB, tomorrow.

Thanks,

MSgt XXXXXXX

I love how :rainbow: it's gotten!

It made the Enquirer http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2008/09/..._blues_090508w/

Schwartz orders airmen in blue on Mondays

By Erik Holmes - Staff writer

Posted : Friday Sep 5, 2008 7:48:21 EDT

Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Norton Schwartz is requiring most airmen to wear their service dress uniforms every Monday beginning Sept. 8, according to a Sept. 4 memo he sent to all service members.

Airmen had been allowed — and later required — to wear their airman battle uniforms, battle dress uniforms or flight suits to the office.

The policy change came out of an Aug. 27 leadership summit convened by Schwartz and acting Secretary Michael Donley at Bolling Air Force Base in Washington, D.C.

“Post-9/11, we’ve moved away from our blue uniforms almost altogether and have transformed into an Air Force that wears our utility uniform on a daily basis,” Schwartz said in the memo. “During our recent 4-star summit, we had several discussions concerning our uniforms ... [and] we all agreed that part of our image, culture and professionalism is instilled in our blues.”

The policy will not apply to all airmen. For some career fields — presumably in messy jobs such as maintenance and for personnel who often work outdoors, such as security forces — wearing blues won’t make sense. Pilots will wear dress blues on Mondays when they are not flying.

The decisions on who will continue to wear ABUs and BDUs on Mondays will be left up to base commanders.

The current practice of airmen wearing ABUs and BDUs almost all the time originated under Gen. John Jumper, the chief of staff at the time of the 2001 terrorist attacks. Then, in summer 2003, Jumper directed that airmen begin to return to service dress as the uniform of the day. But Gen. T. Michael Moseley reversed that decision when he became chief of staff in late 2005, arguing that the nation was still at war and that airmen should dress like it.

He said at the time that his decision was closely related to his effort to instill a “war-fighting ethos” in Air Force culture, one of his main priorities as chief.

To read more about the reasons behind the policy change, pick up a copy of Air Force Times’ Sept, 15 issue, on newsstands beginning Monday.

obviously someone at AF Times doesn't understand the difference between blues and service dress. And the AF doesn't have a uniform called "dress blues". And NOWHERE in the official message did it single out any specific career field, so it's kinda funny the broad sweeps that article is making. Don't you just love misinformation?!??!

All ribbons and full size badges? So for O's, no more of just wearing the wings or functional badge above the pocket on the blues shirt, we've got to wear all ribbons now? I've always felt ribbons were a service-dress only thing, but that's just me.

I wonder if we have Navy envy now or something like that; where the flightsuit is a utility uniform only for flight, and flyers not actively flying or prepping to fly will be in something akin to their khakis they wear day to day. What will be next? No stopping anywhere off base in a flight suit?

Glad I'm only a traditional Guardsman anymore....

All ribbons and full size badges? So for O's, no more of just wearing the wings or functional badge above the pocket on the blues shirt, we've got to wear all ribbons now? I've always felt ribbons were a service-dress only thing, but that's just me.

I wonder if we have Navy envy now or something like that; where the flightsuit is a utility uniform only for flight, and flyers not actively flying or prepping to fly will be in something akin to their khakis they wear day to day. What will be next? No stopping anywhere off base in a flight suit?

The Navy aviators in my building wear flight suits and only flight suits. Not one of them in my office has a flying job, and almost all will never fly again.

I plan to wear all ribbons and full-size badges (3) with wheel cap and flight boots on Monday.

FIGHT THE POWER!

You've never seen that - Marine uniforms do not have wings sewn on. All breast insignia (wings are a "breast insignia" in USMC uniform terminology) are metal, and are pinned on.

That's right, now that I think about it they were the gold metal wings. I always thought the metal insignia (rank and otherwise) looked better pinned on utilities than sewn. But sewn is just so much easier.

I'm pretty certain when ClearedHot said wear ALL ribbons and full size badges, he was trying to make wearing blues on Monday even gayer.

I'm pretty certain when ClearedHot said wear ALL ribbons and full size badges, he was trying to make wearing blues on Monday even gayer.

That would make sense. Not having seen the actual message though, it wouldn't surprise me if they actually did require this; seeing as how this apparently was some sort of hotbed issue.......ongoing war be damned.

“Post-9/11, we’ve moved away from our blue uniforms almost altogether and have transformed into an Air Force that wears our utility uniform on a daily basis,” Schwartz said in the memo.

Well, maybe (probably) I'm nuts, but I thought that's why we called them 'utility uniforms'. Just wait until PT Uniform Fridays...

Mike