Blues on Monday

okienav

Ok one question. After seeing the Blues monday poll, how can somebody get away with mission planning on a monday to get out of wearing blues? Correct me if Im wrong but normally mission planning doesn't involve going out to the jet, or doing anything that could be doen in blues? So how are you people getting away with this? I understand for the E's if they have you come out and taxi preflight the jet but for the O's I don't understand. I hate this as much as everybody else, but it comes to a point to shut up and color at some point.

Our direction was "mission planning is traditionally done in flight suits".

Speaking of Blues on Monday, new article about the proposed service coat change:

Heritage Coat

My favorite quotes:

"The honor guard style belt looks like something from a Star Trek convention! It's too bulky on what is otherwise a sleek uniform coat," wrote one participant."

This participant 100% ensured we'll now have that belt with his/her remarks.

"Being a nation at war, I'm not sure what message changing our service dress coats sends," wrote another participant. "Especially (considering) we're in need of more funds to upgrade airframes. Recommend putting service coat on hold to later date."

Holy crap! Are they letting non-shoes on these boards now? This guy sounds like a flyer...couldn't agree more.

Speaking of Blues on Monday, new article about the proposed service coat change:

Heritage Coat

My favorite quotes:

This participant 100% ensured we'll now have that belt with his/her remarks.

Holy crap! Are they letting non-shoes on these boards now? This guy sounds like a flyer...couldn't agree more.

IMO a four button jacket looks more military unlike our current hobo businessman suit. I like it, but absolutely no way to justify the cost to go back to a design that looks a whole helluva lot like the old style we never should have changed from, but of course we all know that.

Edit: Typing skills faltering due to day drinking.

Edited by B*D*A

I thought Gen Schwartz said forget about this . . .?

Gen Schwartz deferred making a decision on it until senior leaders met at Bolling AFB during the summer of 2009.

http://www.bagram.afcent.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123113044

Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Norton A. Schwartz decided on Aug. 28 to defer a decision on the Air Force heritage coat until the summer of 2009 to address current uniform issues, according to a senior Air Force official.

-USAFJosh

Maybe they could use some of this money to get more of the current uniforms on the shelves, instead of only stocking XXXXL PT gear.

They stock what sells. Some members of our AF community like having their shirt tucked in but still want the shirt to go down to their knees. You can see many examples of this at the BRA in the deid.

Some members of our AF community like having their shirt tucked in but still want the shirt to go down to their knees. You can see many examples of this at the BRA in the deid.

Fine by me. The more people presenting themselves as easy targets by walking around with "fake front tucks" (reference to base-wide e-mail sent by AEW/CV at OKAS in 2007), the less shoes there are chasing me around yapping about the length of my socks, the location of my sunglasses, or the thoroughness of which I washed my hands before a meal.

They stock what sells. Some members of our AF community like having their shirt tucked in but still want the shirt to go down to their knees. You can see many examples of this at the BRA in the deid.

Makes me wonder if this isn't one of those self-fulfilling prophecies...they were out of everything but XXXL, but people needed PT gear, so they bought XXXL...which shows in AAFES inventory system as "Holy crap, look at all this XXXL stuff we're selling, but we haven't sold any smalls"...which leads them to stop stocking smalls and start stocking more XXXL...which means sales of smalls are still way down, because there aren't any to buy.

Micheal Dell made this example...a customer comes in looking for a red Mustang, but the car dealer only has 3 yellow ones. Maybe the sales guy is good enough to talk your customer into buying a yellow one, but that doesn't mean there's mre demand for yellow Mustangs than red ones.

• 5 months later...

Blues on Monday never looked so good.post-8053-125437055622_thumb.jpeg

Where do I sign-up for that outfit! She can be the "morale NCOIC".

My Dad equally hated the "mailman" uniform after they did away with wash khakis, which were much more practical than the blue-suit. I don't know the history for the change, but having served in the Navy I can understand your aggravation. The Navy by-far has the most jacked-up uniforms of all the branches, and to make things even more annoying they seem to enjoy doing a complete change in the uniforms every 3-4 years. I'd vote to bring back the khakis in the Air Force, I beleive that they were popular with officers and enlisted alike.

• 3 months later...