Blues on Monday

okienav

The reservists I knew all collectively ignored Blues Monday since it's creation.

Yeah, the email was merely a formality. When it got sent out, everyone at my squadron looked quizzically at their computer monitors and simultaneously echoed, "We were supposed to be wearing blues on Monday?"

• Upvote 2

I'm living with opposite ends of the spectrum. My Guard unit just sent the word that our blues can go back into the back of the closet. Meanwhile, AETC/Goodfellow have announced that we will continue doing what we are doing until we get clearer direction. As if the Chief of Staff was vague...

I'm living with opposite ends of the spectrum. My Guard unit just sent the word that our blues can go back into the back of the closet. Meanwhile, AETC/Goodfellow have announced that we will continue doing what we are doing until we get clearer direction. As if the Chief of Staff was vague...

I don't understand. Previous CSAF implemented a policy. Current CSAF says he has no such policy but leaves it up to Wing Commanders to deal with it as they see fit. Until they address it, no policy exists. Unless wing commanders proactively implement a policy, I think you're legal to wear whatever the fook you want.

• Upvote 1

From the 97th AMW FB page.

Altus AFB -- 97 Air Mobility Wing

22 hours ago

The 97th Air Mobility Wing and Altus AFB currently plans no change to policy regarding the wear of the service uniform on Mondays (Blues Mondays). Repeat: There is no planned change to Blues Monday.

Everybody is already way too happy there (I mean what's a better assignment right? MAYBE Hickam) so they figured they needed to take you all down a notch. Dude, I am so glad I let that fucking place! You getting paroled any time soon?

Any word on PACAF?

Can't imagine a more sadistic insult to injury to all the Yokota, Misawa and Kadena guys right now than retaining blues Monday.

MAJCOM = no blues and because of the time difference we knew before we went home on Friday. Wings = their own discretion...unknown if some Wing CCs chose to stick with it.

Everybody is already way too happy there (I mean what's a better assignment right? MAYBE Hickam) so they figured they needed to take you all down a notch. Dude, I am so glad I let that ######ing place! You getting paroled any time soon?

PCS in June back to Fairchild, looking forward to it.

Any word on PACAF?

Can't imagine a more sadistic insult to injury to all the Yokota, Misawa and Kadena guys right now than retaining blues Monday.

PACAF punted the decision to the NAF/CCs and WG/CCs. I can say that Yokota is blues free though. (at least until someone busts the curfew)