Blues on Monday

okienav

And 18 hours after the best news I've heard in a long time comes the first complaint; aircrew standard. This is why we can't have nice things.

Maybe it's cuz it's 0700, but that shit is funny. +1 to you my friend.

The missileer asked to the effect of "we're all supposed to be warriors, I don't feel like a warrior on Mondays, what say you Gen Walsh?" Gen Walsh said that the band uniform was "tucked away deep in his basement" (sts i guess?)

Who is Gen Walsh?

I tried to be subtle in my earlier post:

Spoo, on 29 November 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

Can you clarify this a bit? What question did said Missileer ask Gen WELSH?

Of course, there's also the other 15 posters who've since referenced Gen Welsh and the occassional reference to Gen Welsh in various forms of print and online media...

If anyone hears that AETC rescinds their Monday Blues policy please post up.

Not that it matters to me, but since my organization is on one of their bases, it will make the military folks here happy! Despite the fact that we don't have a single AD USAF person here, the Army and Navy folks assigned are still required to follow the base policy!

Cheers! M2

I heard AETC rescinded it through a friend. No supporting references though.

• Upvote 1

Maybe I'm misunderstanding...but does this even require rescinding by the MAJCOM/CCs? Gen Welsh said he has no blues policy in place and "Its up to the MAJCOM/CCs to continue this tradition​ awfulness". To me there is currently no policy and if MAJCOM/CCs want it, they have to implement it (that whole more restrictive thing). The way I see it, if you wear blues this Monday it is on your own accord and will illustrate to leadership that you like the policy, further increasing the chance of it sticking around...just sayin.

We got the message from our wing commander today. The message across Air Force Space Command said the official uniform for AFSPC is ABUs, including on Mondays, effective 3 Dec 12

Back are the days of easily identifying folks in trouble/receiving awards/being promoted...and the hilarious sight of someone wearing blues for the first time in 20 pounds.

my WG/CC (ACC wing) just shot us all an e-mail stating there is no official policy on uniform wear for a particular day of the week, and to wear a uniform commiserate with your duties.