Blues on Monday

okienav

Nope. As I recall, a certain former CSAF who was a former Thunderbird loved rocking out the V-neck so much that he made everyone were them.

They should allow crew necks along with V-necks. We mix and match all of our other uniforms, why not the Blues uniform...I laugh whenever I see a picture of some major event on base and there are 3 or more combinations of uniforms.

Blues would look so much better if everyone wore crew neck t-shirts. This seems like the most obvious thing to change, but it never gets changed! Has the V-neck always been USAF policy?

The way I've always heard it was that some general's wife thought it looked like "their underwear was sticking out", so the general in charge of the uniform board (why do we have one of these per year?) put it in. I've seen the reports after the uniform boards and, it seems, every year the crew neck white T-shirt is brought up and every year it is shot down because "it's tradition". When will the REMFs get a clue?

Edited by BQZip01

I know you're technically allowed to wear black cowboy boots with your blues

Really, it that you are allowed to wear any black boot with your blues...eg, if you wanted to, you can wear your black flight boots, or really any black leather shoe/boot. I used to wear my high-tech boots with my blues all the time...but it made sense to the job at hand. I also used to do the cowboy style "work boot"...but I wore those bad boys out long ago and never replaced them.

Blues would look so much better if everyone wore crew neck t-shirts. This seems like the most obvious thing to change, but it never gets changed! Has the V-neck always been USAF policy?

Crew necks were required for at least the first few years of my career...I forget when it changed.

Guest Krabs
I know you're technically allowed to wear black cowboy boots with your blues...

Done. I now have a new footwear of choice.

The way I've always heard it was that some general's wife thought it looked like "their underwear was sticking out", so the general in charge of the uniform board (why do we have one of these per year?) put it in. I've seen the reports after the uniform boards and, it seems, every year the crew neck white T-shirt is brought up and every year it is shot down because "it's tradition". When will the REMFs get a clue?

So we can change the service dress every few years, but getting a crew neck t-shirt ruins our "heritage"? :rainbow::rainbow: And one more, :rainbow: .

Guest Hueypilot812
I've seen the reports after the uniform boards and, it seems, every year the crew neck white T-shirt is brought up and every year it is shot down because "it's tradition". When will the REMFs get a clue?

The v-neck is NOT tradition. When I was in AFROTC back in 1991, we wore crew neck t-shirts. It was that aforementioned CSAF that changed it, along with implementing the new navy-style sleeve rank, etc.

The v-neck is NOT tradition. When I was in AFROTC back in 1991, we wore crew neck t-shirts. It was that aforementioned CSAF that changed it, along with implementing the new navy-style sleeve rank, etc.

I figured the first thing we would do is get rid of every change HE made that we could.

Guest Hueypilot812

I remember that back prior to HIM, the service dress was the original blue one that was very similar to the Army's green one. After that, we went with the airline-style navy-rank ugly one...then in a modest switch back, we ditched the rank, but kept the jacket (sans name tag)...

Folks wear boots with blues because boots are required to ride a motorcycle on base.

I remember the days when crewnecks were allowed. IMO, looks better than the v neck. There's always the guy who looks like he's trying to smuggle Alf in his shirt, cover your disco-chest-muff with a crewneck.

Im all for picking your battles... but seriously, whats gonna happen if you wear short sleeves in the winter? Are you in uniform? Yup. Is it in violation of AFI 36-chow-my-hog. Nope. But Im sure the clerks will have a field day if you dont have your tie on because its the wings policy that the chief most likely bugged the WG/CC to implement for the last 3 months...

Im at a northern tier base and they dont regulate like this (yet). And if they did, well looks like Monday is my fly day!

Im not saying anything, Im just saying. Stupid policies get retained because no one has the balls to tell the emporer hes naked...

Chuck

Edited by Chuck17

as if wearing blues on Monday doesn't suck enough, its this kind of bullshit that irritates me, long sleeve ONLY during winter, short sleeve ONLY during summer. :rainbow:

Hopefully you're not at a base where April 1 can be colder than March 31...We've got a wicked snowstorm here right now.

On a related note, our WG/CC has been using that "Northern Tier Base" to let us wear utilities on Monday if it's projected to be cold. The Shirt's a little snappy about it...every Friday we get an email that says "the UOD will be such-n-such", and the Shirt always forwards it with the commentary "for those who obey the order".

every Friday we get an email that says "the UOD will be such-n-such", and the Shirt always forwards it with the commentary "for those who obey the order".

Why the hell are these guys allowed to be such outright cock bags? Fucking ridiculous.

Hopefully you're not at a base where April 1 can be colder than March 31...We've got a wicked snowstorm here right now.

On a related note, our WG/CC has been using that "Northern Tier Base" to let us wear utilities on Monday if it's projected to be cold. The Shirt's a little snappy about it...every Friday we get an email that says "the UOD will be such-n-such", and the Shirt always forwards it with the commentary "for those who obey the order".

Sounds familiar. ...the uniform is: long sleeve blue shirts, a-jackets, parkas, hoods worn down...

When they keep saying "back to basics," what they really mean is "back to basic." Apparently USAFA isn't the only leadership laboratory...

FF

Sounds familiar. ...the uniform is: long sleeve blue shirts, a-jackets, parkas, hoods worn down...

When they keep saying "back to basics," what they really mean is "back to basic." Apparently USAFA isn't the only leadership laboratory...

FF

FF,

You forgot "black leather gloves"...you might not get to eat breakfast at the chowhall if you show up without them.

FF

Of course, that works when your unit issues that stuff...or hell, your AAFES has parkas in stock. I got here in July, and I STILL don't have a winter weight Nomex flight jacket.

as if wearing blues on Monday doesn't suck enough, its this kind of bullshit that irritates me, long sleeve ONLY during winter, short sleeve ONLY during summer. :rainbow:

Where are you located, roughly...STS? Love the avatar BTW. Like I've always said, can't go wrong with Mom jokes.

Where are you located, roughly...STS? Love the avatar BTW. Like I've always said, can't go wrong with Mom jokes.

i'm at tinker and i don't need the wing queen telling me to wear a long sleeve shirt when its 30 degrees outside or a short sleeve shirt when its 80. i have enough common sense to dress appropriately, weather dependent. for christ's sake, why doesn't she just come over on sunday night and lay my clothes out on my bed for me like i do for my 9 yr old.

i'm at tinker and i don't need the wing queen telling me to wear a long sleeve shirt when its 30 degrees outside or a short sleeve shirt when its 80. i have enough common sense to dress appropriately, weather dependent. for christ's sake, why doesn't she just come over on sunday night and lay my clothes out on my bed for me like i do for my 9 yr old.

Trust me dude, I hate her based solely on your post. I'm mean for fnck's sake. If it's not because she doesn't trust your ability to properly prepare for the elements, then why does she have such a boner for long sleeves and ties?

Your CC needs to verbally, or virtually, bitch-slap that shirt. I think it's great how he tries to piss on your cheerios just a little bit on Friday afternoon. Does he/she send out emails on the other days to inform you of the UOD?

Edited by Spoo

Guest flyguy

create a fake email address at one of the free email sites and send her an email stating how you feel. She will not be able to track it down and maybe it may wake her a$$ up...or simply ask...why is everyone afraid to ask questions about things. Just because show has a higher rank does not mean you can not ask a question. Simply put ...a lot of people on base are confused with the policy of mandatory long sleeve/short sleeve during specific time and not being able to make the self judgment of whether they would be cold or hot....is there a saftey issue with the policy because a lot of people are talking about it and concerned....she may ust answer it and there you have it....maybe there is a reason...maybe not....

Let us know what she says.

create a fake email address at one of the free email sites and send her an email stating how you feel. She will not be able to track it down

FALSE.

There is NO anonymity on the inter-toobs

She may not be able to track things down hereself, but if she can convince someone it's a threat you are F#CKED.

Go ask a cop or OSI bubba how hard it is (STS) to find out who Jackass@gmail.com really is ... either through legal channels or 'unofficially'

Sack-up and talk to her like a real officer/man/human being/etc.

FALSE.

There is NO anonymity on the inter-toobs

She may not be able to track things down hereself, but if she can convince someone it's a threat you are F#CKED.

Really??? So if one were to walk into a public library, internet cafe, or hell, even a Best Buy, hop online, create a totally fake hotmail account, and send it on its way, that the cyberdroolers will track em down and bust down the dudes door as he's taking a crap?

Ha. I'd love to see that one.

For all you long-sleeve wearin' fools, go short-sleeve and keep the leather jacket on. Of course you still need the tie.

Out

Edited by disgruntledemployee

Trust me dude, I hate her based solely on your post. I'm mean for fnck's sake. If it's not because she doesn't trust your ability to properly prepare for the elements, then why does she have such a boner for long sleeves and ties?

Your CC needs to verbally, or virtually, bitch-slap that shirt. I think it's great how he tries to piss on your cheerios just a little bit on Friday afternoon. Does he/she send out emails on the other days to inform you of the UOD?

No. That one is always sent by an LT in the WG/CC's office, since many Monday's we're actually in flight suits due to the projected frigid temperatures. I don't mind the head's up (not that I've had to wear blues yet). It's the tone in the shirt's commentary when he forwards it to everyone that gets me.