"Red Eagles: America's Secret MiGs"

Steve Davies

Just a quick update to let BO readers know that the second edition of Red Eagles will be out on 24 January.

This edition contains 30,000 words of new material predominantly related to the involvement of the Foreign Technology Division (now NASIC), but also adds detail to five HAVE exploitation programmes that I was able to get declassified (FOIA) between editions.

I may be able to do a special deal on the paper book for BO readers once it's out. Standby for words on that... Otherwise, I understand it'll be out on Kindle, ePUB and PDF formats for those with ebook readers and the like.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Steve

Just a quick update to let BO readers know that the second edition of Red Eagles will be out on 24 January.

This edition contains 30,000 words of new material predominantly related to the involvement of the Foreign Technology Division (now NASIC), but also adds detail to five HAVE exploitation programmes that I was able to get declassified (FOIA) between editions.

I may be able to do a special deal on the paper book for BO readers once it's out. Standby for words on that... Otherwise, I understand it'll be out on Kindle, ePUB and PDF formats for those with ebook readers and the like.

Steve

Awesome

Awesome.

I invited myself. I was being serious. Steve's book is awesome. I had a hard copy, lost it in my last move, and promptly picked it up on Kindle. I don't have to worry about losing it, or my two year old deciding it would be a great coloring book now. I also have Eagle Engaged. I have lots of respect for Steve and his work, and will be picking up a copy of the new edition. Thanks for calling me a nerd, though. I've always considered myself more of a geek. Nerds got better grades. ;)

Steve

I think you have drawn some interest because your messages seem to be full.

Edited by fou

Steve's book is awesome. I also have Eagle Engaged. I have lots of respect for Steve and his work, and will be picking up a copy of the new edition.

Way to chug it down.

Who invited the nerd?

A nerd would know that "infinity squared" does not yield more enthusiasm. It is a problem that cannot be done as is. You cannot square infinity and have a higher value of infinity because it does not have a specified value to begin with. Marco should have assigned a pseudo-value of infinity to his equation. Technique only. :beer:

infinity...does not have a specified value to begin with

In the sense you're thinking, yes you're correct...there is no numeric value. However, there are different orders of infinity. When talking cardinalities of sets (the "number" of elements in a set) one can order the different "values" of cardinalities. For instance, if N is the cardinality of the set of natural numbers and Z is the cardinality of the set of integers, then N=Z. However, I, the cardinality of the set of irrational numbers is much larger than N or Z.

In the sense you're thinking, yes you're correct...there is no numeric value. However, there are different orders of infinity. When talking cardinalities of sets (the "number" of elements in a set) one can order the different "values" of cardinalities. For instance, if N is the cardinality of the set of natural numbers and Z is the cardinality of the set of integers, then N=Z. However, I, the cardinality of the set of irrational numbers is much larger than N or Z.

Aye sir, but assigning a specific set of numbers to "infinity" is a pseudo-value. It is just a way to manipulate the problem in a way to arithmetically derive yet another undefinable quantity.

I assume you were speaking of the aleph-null set theory.