The Foglesong Thread

But he was already a 3-star when Rumsfeld took office. So who's coat tails was he riding before that?

You're forgetting that Rumsfeld was also the SecDef under Gerald Ford from 1975 to 1977, the youngest person to have ever held that position at age 43. He also served in various positions under Nixon, served four terms in the United States House of Representatives, and served as United States Ambassador to NATO. You can bet your paycheck that he maintained connections within the DoD even when we was out of the government...

Cheers! M2

You're forgetting that Rumsfeld was also the SecDef under Gerald Ford from 1975 to 1977, the youngest person to have ever held that position at age 43. He also served in various positions under Nixon, served four terms in the United States House of Representatives, and served as United States Ambassador to NATO. You can bet your paycheck that he maintained connections within the DoD even when we was out of the government...

Cheers! M2

Touche.

I spent a week flying this a$$ around S. America in a C-21 when he was a 3-star.

It was a difficult mission from the start due to a hurricane in the Carribean. We stopped off in Aruba for the night and took off the next day. 30 minutes into the flight we got a master caution due to a battery overheat and had to divert back to Aruba for a couple days. He then decided to kick off our interpreter since he was taking up too much space which later caused communication/customs issues in Brazil. Since we had already made Doc so late on his trip he wanted to leave very early in the morning once the jet was fixed. We weren't able to get any food or water prior to the flight. We stopped in Brazil and all they had in the airport to eat was some animal they were cooking on a spit, I passed. On the same day heading towards Bolivia the exec came up and talked to us, we mentioned that it sucked we haven't eaten or had anything to drink in over 10 hours, she said, yeah that sucks. We landed after a long day in Bolivia and found out that Aruba had given Doc, his exec, and the now missing translator a bag of food each, half of which had not been touched! They never bothered to offer us anything despite knowing our situation. A couple days later in Quito, Ecuador the volcano (Agua Pinchincha?) erupted and blew ash west of the field towards our next destination. Doc accused us of already screwing up his trip and that we were going to make this happen. I'm not sure how many rules we broke, but it was a few. We finally reached his next very important stop in Ecuador. His important meeting was with an AT-37 for a joyride. At the end of 7 days he didn't even bother to say thank you or goodbye. He is the epitome of what is wrong with the Air Force and our promotion system.

At the end of 7 days he didn't even bother to say thank you or goodbye. He is the epitome of what is wrong with the Air Force and our promotion system.

Reading that made me immediately think that if he had even had any bit of humanity he would have arranged for each of you guys up front to get a joyride in the OA-37 and you would have considered him a good guy for the rest of your careers. If I had been the general I would have made sure I threw something to you guys just to say thanks and to show you the AF appreciates her human assets. It wouldn't have cost him a dime and would have had a positive impact on you guys for years!!

• Like 1

My 19 yr old daughter is home from Indiana University and she read some of the things I said about Doc. Her response was "Dad, what if this guy commits suicide after reading all these comments?" My response was not so understanding.

(Someone was humiliated on Opray and they later committed suicide).

She questioned "how can anyone be a General and be that bad, all those things you are saying”. (She was saying that it couldn’t possibly be true). She warned me not to believe what I was reading on the Internet. I told her that I had experienced it--FIRST HAND--RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES.

I feel no shame in ripping him apart.

Doc really is unbelievable. :bash:

Tracy

Godfather,

That reminds me of the time that a TSgt got a DUI, and Doc held him in his office so long that pee ran down his legs.

Doc stood him at attention, chewed him out constantly, and then made him just stand there, until the guy eventually peed because Doc wouldn't let him go to the bathroom. (Held him hostage). It did nothing for DUI reductions. It was a slam to morale. And was testimony to Doc's total lack of respect for all humanity.

How was this idiot raised? What were Doc's parents like? How can someone be so dang mean?!

I'm not done yet...

Tracy

My 19 yr old daughter is home from Indiana University and she read some of the things I said about Doc. Her response was "Dad, what if this guy commits suicide after reading all these comments?"

I can only hope. Seriously. He is about the only dude I can imagine who, when he dies/is ax-murdered, the overall will response will be "Good riddance."

I worked for Doc's son about 10 years ago at the Kun when his son was an intel patch there. After reading all of these stories, I feel sorry for him to have a father like this. He was actually a pretty good dude and one of the better intel patches I've run across. Of course, that was ten years ago and I have no idea what's he's like now. Last I heard he was an intel squadron CC somewhere.

PBAR

Godfather,

That reminds me of the time that a TSgt got a DUI, and Doc held him in his office so long that pee ran down his legs.

Doc stood him at attention, chewed him out constantly, and then made him just stand there, until the guy eventually peed because Doc wouldn't let him go to the bathroom. (Held him hostage). It did nothing for DUI reductions. It was a slam to morale. And was testimony to Doc's total lack of respect for all humanity.

How was this idiot raised? What were Doc's parents like? How can someone be so dang mean?!

I'm not done yet...

Tracy

Fully understandable, and I wonder how Doc felt when his old mentor (he-whose-name-will-not-be-spoken) got his DWI in Oregon after retiring? Funny how you don't hear much about a former-CSAF getting busted, but some TSgt does it, the wrath of Doc is full (not that it is condonable, but the response should be the same no matter who the person is).

Honestly, if Doc kicked the bucket tomorrow (he is about 110 years old, isn’t he? Or does he just look it?), I wouldn’t shed a tear as the man has pissed on too many people in his life to feel any remorse at his passing. What he needed was a Scrooge-like experience, but now it is far too late…

But, I still would like to steer this to a more positive vector, Victor (Roger, Roger!). I know there are some shit hot GOs out there that still earn the respect of those that serve under them. We’ve named a few, keep ‘em coming as it offsets the negativity that Doc seems to poison everyone with…

Cheers! M2

Doc's uniform "flair" was designed using the official "Office Space Box of Flair" guide.

It’s kind of a small thing, but speaking of flair, I remember when he decided that only subdued rank would be worn with BDUs. The best part was I was in an AFSOC unit, and therefore technically not under USAFE... our commander (Pave Low driver & great guy) was smart enough to realize this and decided that everyone in the SOG would still wear "shiny" rank. This pleased me to no end because I was wearing my Dad's Capt Bars and didn't want to get rid of them. This all came to a head (for me) when I had a blowout on the A-11 near Mildenhall and an MSgt stopped to help me. What was the first thing out of his mouth? Not: "hey, what's wrong with your car". No, he said: "hey sir, you know you're supposed to be wearing subdued rank?". It was a pleasure to say "Nope, I'm in the SOG, we don't belong to USAFE". That shut his ass up.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is an exact description. Everyone should read the description.

M2, you don’t have to mention his mentor/sponsor, I said his name in a previous posting #57.

Here’s another of his stupid incidents:

When Doc was Wing CC, he called the OG/CD and told him to meet him at Doc’s office at 6:00PM to talk about some trivial matter. (The OG/CC was on leave.) It was a FRIDAY and the CD had dinner reservations with his wife, as it was their anniversary. He asked Doc how long the meeting would take as he explained about the dinner reservations. He said Doc absolutely did not care (normal for Doc). Doc’s response was “SEE YOU AT 6PM.” The CD told me that he almost didn’t show up; he got so upset as he had to call his wife and explain a delay in their plans. The CD arrived at 6PM and, and the meeting STARTED AFTER 6:30PM and lasted longer than it ever should have. It was minor points about the flying schedule; something that could have waited until Monday. The CD was confident that Doc did it just to be Doc. Needless to say, the CD and his wife missed their dinner. On Monday, the CD came in and submitted his retirement paperwork, saying that he wasn’t going to work for someone like Doc. At his retirement party, on a dinner boat, the CD mentioned this to everyone in his farewell speech. The exact details were given at the dinner table on the riverboat.

Just “one more” very good person that Doc ruined.

When Doc dies, the door to hell will be wide-open and he’ll slide right on in.

Everyone get ready for OPERATION DOC…a daily bombardment of facts about Doc. :M16:

I’ve spent hours-upon-hours Googling Doc.

Tracy

Anyone know who sanitized Doc's Wikipedia listing? It has been stripped of all of the details outside of his basic bio. Doc must have had a field day with his delete key.

(cur) (last) 14:59, 12 August 2008 Adam Brink (Talk | contribs) (3,757 bytes) (→Air Force Career delete vandalism) (undo)

Look like someone named Adam Brink did it.

OPERATION DOC has commenced!! :flag_waving:

OPERATION DOC

MISSION: To present the FACTS from thousands of websites thru hours-and-hours of Googling "Foglesong".

AUTHORITY: He did it to himself. Thru his own actions, he authorized this OPERATION.

END STATE: Ensure everyone has a full understanding of what an idot and jerk this Doc IS. To drive Doc back in a W. VA coalmine.

check out this YouTube

Edited by Tracy

Anyone know who sanitized Doc's Wikipedia listing? It has been stripped of all of the details outside of his basic bio. Doc must have had a field day with his delete key.

There's been a lot of "work" on Asshat's Wiki page over the past week...

(cur) (last) 07:56, 20 August 2008 87.244.90.140 (Talk) (3,614 bytes) (undo)

(cur) (last) 14:01, 18 August 2008 Fabrictramp (Talk | contribs) m (3,757 bytes) (Reverted 1 edit by Steve.dial; Revert POV addition. (TW)) (undo)

(cur) (last) 04:22, 18 August 2008 Steve.dial (Talk | contribs) (4,071 bytes) (undo)

(cur) (last) 17:00, 14 August 2008 Discospinster (Talk | contribs) m (3,757 bytes) (Revert to revision 231680986 dated 2008-08-13 13:48:47 by Philip Trueman using popups) (undo)

(cur) (last) 13:54, 14 August 2008 12.171.36.194 (Talk) (8,326 bytes) (Undid revision 231680986 by Philip Trueman (talk)) (undo)

(cur) (last) 21:10, 13 August 2008 Eagle104 (Talk | contribs) (3,794 bytes) (→Air Force Career) (undo)

(cur) (last) 13:48, 13 August 2008 Philip Trueman (Talk | contribs) m (3,757 bytes) (Reverted edits by 12.171.36.194 (talk) to last version by Discospinster) (undo)

(cur) (last) 03:32, 13 August 2008 12.171.36.194 (Talk) (8,289 bytes) (Undid revision 231599464 by Discospinster (talk)) (undo)

(cur) (last) 03:29, 13 August 2008 Discospinster (Talk | contribs) m (3,757 bytes) (Reverted edits by 12.171.36.194 (talk) to last version by Discospinster) (undo)

(cur) (last) 03:02, 13 August 2008 12.171.36.194 (Talk) (8,289 bytes) (Undid revision 231351275 by Discospinster (talk)) (undo)

(cur) (last) 03:01, 13 August 2008 Discospinster (Talk | contribs) m (3,757 bytes) (Reverted edits by 12.171.36.194 (HG)) (undo)

(cur) (last) 03:01, 13 August 2008 12.171.36.194 (Talk) (4,004 bytes) (undo)

(cur) (last) 02:59, 13 August 2008 12.171.36.194 (Talk) (3,814 bytes) (Undid revision 231462889 by Adam Brink (talk)) (undo)

(cur) (last) 00:25, 13 August 2008 Discospinster (Talk | contribs) m (3,757 bytes) (Reverted edits by 63.253.251.27 (talk) to last version by Adam Brink) (undo)

(cur) (last) 22:44, 12 August 2008 63.253.251.27 (Talk) (3,779 bytes) (→Mississippi State University) (undo)

(cur) (last) 14:59, 12 August 2008 Adam Brink (Talk | contribs) (3,757 bytes) (→Air Force Career: delete vandalism) (undo)

(cur) (last) 05:42, 12 August 2008 Eagle104 (Talk | contribs) m (3,814 bytes) (Adjust service summary) (undo)

(cur) (last) 01:11, 12 August 2008 Discospinster (Talk | contribs) m (3,794 bytes) (rvv) (undo)

(cur) (last) 01:09, 12 August 2008 Discospinster (Talk | contribs) m (8,326 bytes) (Revert to revision 230701534 dated 2008-08-08 22:16:50 by XLinkBot using popups) (undo)

(cur) (last) 01:08, 12 August 2008 12.171.36.194 (Talk) (8,908 bytes) (→Education) (undo)

I am surprised it hasn't been locked out since it appears to be the favorite target of numerous people who suffered under his (spit) "leadership" :bash:

Cheers! M2

I noticed the same thing. If you click on the "discussion" tab on his Wiki page, you can see all the edits and a few more "realistic" comments about Doc. Apparently this Adam Brink guy, or whatever other alias Doc himself uses, has deleted most of the true stuff that people had posted on there.

I love how upset "Adam" gets about this:

Too much detail. This is not a friggin log book! -- Adam Brink (talk) 20:16, 16 November 2007 (UTC)

Which makes me not think its Doc, just for the fact that hes getting rid of probably the only cool stuff there is to write about him. Why? Who knows

I love how upset "Adam" gets about this:

Which makes me not think its Doc, just for the fact that hes getting rid of probably the only cool stuff there is to write about him. Why? Who knows

Eh believe it or not most of the content on Wikipedia is written by only a few thousand people, so it's probably some Wiki-junkie that is pissed that people keep screwing with the page.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here's a little something from youtube

Enjoy.

MY EYES!!! OH MY GOD, MY EYES!! You bastard, you should've warned us!!!

However, I wonder if 'Dic' will run for any WV congressional or senate seat. Byrd has got to die sometime soon, so I wonder......

If so, there needs to be a concerted, combined arms baseops campaign to provide material to his opponent.

MY EYES!!! OH MY GOD, MY EYES!! You bastard, you should've warned us!!!

However, I wonder if 'Dic' will run for any WV congressional or senate seat. Byrd has got to die sometime soon, so I wonder......

If so, there needs to be a concerted, combined arms baseops campaign to provide material to his opponent.

In my defense, I did say Enjoy.

Which, in a thread about Foglenuts, should set off about a dozen different alarms in your head.