The Foglesong Thread

True statement. I've never had the displeasure of meeting or working with this doofus so I have to live vicariously through the pain and suffering of others.

My current group Deputy was on his protocol team. He's like an old War vet and refuses to talk about it.

• Upvote 1

It's funny: most retired 4-stars go on to become board members at defense firms, lobbyists for the defense industry, etc. This guy was fired as president from Mississippi State College after not long in the position. I think many retired GOs and defense execs know about his shenanigans, but don't have any gain in saying so publicly.

Mississippi State University. Before football games, He used to fly over in his little GA plane while the student section shouted "crash, crash, crash"

One week out. Their grad is this coming Friday. Their SRO is a WV native, just to add to the fun. The problem is I might not be able to hide from him this time. My position is such that contact with him may be unavoidable this time.

I hope you understand the entire baseops community is banking on your iphone cinematography skills.

Will this make him a combat cameraman?

He will at least deserve a worthy citation -

Napoleon Tanerite distinguished himself for exceptionally valorous action in the face of overwhelming self delusion and rambling as the baseops designated footage recorder at the 15-69 class graduation ceremony. In the face of ultimate Queep, and surviving unbearable commentary, Tanerite overcame insurmountable odds - filming 6.9 minutes of wasted breath. His remarkable performance and selfless commitment to his Brothers-in-Arms undoubtedly ensured future generations of Air Force aviators could appreciate and ridicule the epic failure of 'he who's name will not be spoken' for eternity, thus preserving Air Force honor. His performance reflects the highest tradition of Air Force Pilot standards and reflects great credit upon himself, baseops.net, and your mother.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

He will at least deserve a worthy citation -

Napoleon Tanerite distinguished himself for exceptionally valorous action in the face of overwhelming self delusion and rambling as the baseops designated footage recorder at the 15-69 class graduation ceremony. In the face of ultimate Queep, and surviving unbearable commentary, Tanerite overcame insurmountable odds - filming 6.9 minutes of wasted breath. His remarkable performance and selfless commitment to his Brothers-in-Arms undoubtedly ensured future generations of Air Force aviators could appreciate and ridicule the epic failure of 'he who's name will not be spoken' for eternity, thus preserving Air Force honor. His performance reflects the highest tradition of Air Force Pilot standards and reflects great credit upon himself, baseops.net, and your mother.

Haha, nice. I admit mine was more a play on Fogle's "combat xxxx" BS, but good work.

• 1 month later...

Holy Jezus! What the ###### is that?! A forum dedicated to one of the tyrants I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Hell yes! I worked at HQ American Forces Network (AFN)-Europe during his reign of terror and the post about his spots is 100% true. He would record a spot, then sit and monitor AFN waiting for his spot to air. If time ran out and his spot hadn't aired he was on the phone chewing out the AFN-E/CC (Army) asking why.

On one occasion a spot from Gen B.B.B. aired right before one of F-song's. He called the station and bitched out the commander saying (paraphrasing) "How in the hell does and Army general outrank an Air Force general?!?!"

I have it on hearsay from my former supervisor that kindly asked F-song to remove his sunglasses during one of the spot tapings. It seems F-song threw a temper tantrum and asked "why?" My supervisor told him that by not removing them, they made him look "shifty". F-song only then, removed his sunglasses.

I completely forgot about "speed pants". LMMFAO! Classic. I really wish I could find some of those old spots, but I've long been gone from the "Golden Days". I'll keep digging though.

I did find this from an old friend: http://youtu.be/xVY_-CKHhIY

On another note, I have cutting room floor stuff from BBB throwing a temper tantrum, but I'm a little concerned that if I make it public, someway, somehow, I'll get screwed out of my benefits.

• Upvote 3

I can't help but imagine that the commentary at the end was some quietly protesting sarcasm by the people who were forced to make that video. From about 1:30-1:45 the priceless audience reactions are being shown while the narrator says, "So far crowd reaction has been fabulous". Their faces say it all...

Edited by xcraftllc
  • Upvote 2

• 2 years later...
On 3/24/2015 at 11:59 AM, jgordonsux said:

On another note, I have cutting room floor stuff from BBB throwing a temper tantrum, but I'm a little concerned that if I make it public, someway, somehow, I'll get screwed out of my benefits.

I loved this thread and it's time for the newbies to read it and have fun.  It is also time for the cutting room floor stuff to come to light!

• Upvote 2