I heard about 6 or 7 absolutely outlandish stories. Can they really be true?
Not only yes, but hell yes. As the USAFE/CC, he was most famous (despised) for his anal-retentive quirks, his constantly played AFN commercials with him in his speed-jeans, and his "Combat" programs. The combat programs simply took regular things like cleaning up the base (Combat Proud) and checking out library books (Combat Read), and attempted to give them some sort of ridiculous warrior spin - all from a guy who had ZERO
combat flight time. His decorations
make him look like a shoe clerk's wet dream (nary an air medal to be found).
My personal favorite story is when he decided he wanted a front seat F-15E ride from one of the Lakenheath squadrons. Even though the guy was not allowed to fly his own jet (F-16) without an instructor in chase, and even though we have Senior Officer Courses that take at least a month to get GOs qualified, and even though everybody from the guy who gave him the flight (a highly experienced TPS grad SEFE) to the OG/CC thought it was a bad idea, nobody had the stones to tell him to screw off because of how he would surely react. Ironically, had something safety related happened on the flight, I believe everybody from the pilot up through and to Doc himself would have been fired.
There have been quite a few threads about him - generally with the "Why does everybody hate this guy?" question asked. So here are the links of what we've seen so far with a brief summary and some zinger quotes.Doc to Get the Order of the Sword
- Amidst speculation that votes were changed, discounted, or altered ("There actually was a vote on this thing among enlisted people and from what I heard when it happened they were "encouraged" to vote yes, but most voted no.") Doc received the highest honor bestowed by the enlisted corps. This while - almost literally - everybody in USAFE despised him."Hey the USAFE Command Chief is Gary Coleman!"
"Foglesong is a douche-bag of the highest order (and not the Order of the Sword, either) from everything that I've seen/heard. A sqdn-mate of mine said that when Fogey was his CC (don't remember when/what command) he put out a base-wide (command-wide?) order prohibiting cursing."
"We did a search for ol' Doc's combat hours...our newest A1C load had more combat time...meaning any time"Another Doc 'F' story
- Doc dresses up like Santa circa 2000 to greet people at MHAFB. He apparently did no coordination and went through the roof when SFS didn't recognize him. He likes to shut down active runways (DM and Ramstein) to jog on them.He's a whack job.
there's some sorta screw loose in this dudeBye Bye Doc!
- Article of Doc's replacement, and the future of sanity being restored to USAFE."He's earned a break from the combat rigors of being Combat Proud on the Combat Flightline, while driving all the USAFE personnel combat crazy and driving the combat budget into the combat red. I Combat Care deeply and am Combat Touched that he wants to start his own Project Wizard back home... perhaps he can attend some combat football games and start another Project Cheer!"
"It's official: Doc's a Douche."Thanksgiving Day Message from Doc
- Lame Turkey message to USAFEDoc Foglesong can tongue my chode.
I, too, hope everyone enjoys their COMBAT TURKEY this Thanksgiving.
Doc can go eat a bowl of COMBAT DICK.
Fogelnuts, on the other hand, is a complete and utter asshole through and through, and the fact that the zero hours of combat assclown ever made it past major (much less to GO rank) typifies what is completely wrong about the USAF today.FRE-E-DOM!
- Doc finally leaves USAFE and there was much rejoicingDing! Dong! The asshole's gone!
Congrats, USAFE! Thanks for the memories and the enlarged Poop-Chute.
Eat a fat dick, Doc!
F*** off and die, Fogeldouche.Say Goodbye to "Combat Bulldog"
- After retiring from the USAF, Doc went to be the president of MSU. M2 put it best - "He was a prick at USAFE, and I am sure it all carried over to Miss State. Unfortunately, what he probably failed to realize was that there they could go tell him to 'fuck off!'"I wonder if the students at MSU will be as happy to see him go as all the folks in USAFE were.
It sounds like Combat University didn't work out to well.
So, now everyone realizes he's crazy; always was, always will be.....
He's on Wikipedia
- anybody can add to it. Maybe a link to this thread? 'Course, I'm sure he's got an exec to check the site daily for cyber-graffiti.
Here's to Doc
Go F*** yourself
I'm waiting for M2 to chime in ASAPly...