Euro 2008

bfargin

Anybody else watching and enjoying the soccer currently being shown on ESPN? I grew up in Pakistan and Taiwan so played soccer my whole life and really love it when we get some good soccer on ESPN.

I personally think Croatia was screwed with the extra time in their game/match against Turkey. But how can you not be excited about Turkey and their 3 come from behind victories so far. If you like soccer you've no doubt enjoyed some great soccer so far!

Guest HercengTN
:thumbsup: It has been a great tourney so far. I have never been a big fan of Spain but I think they have the team to go all the way.

Personally, I'm ready for some real football! It's hard for me to get excited about soccer, but the locals here are trying their best to convince me. I got stuck in all the traffic last weekend when I was driving thru southern Germany and Austria. Lots of Russians, Swedes, and a ton of Dutch fans heading to the game. Drove thru Croatia and that place was still going crazy from their win over Germany. Just not enough contact in the game and what is up with all the fake injuries?

... and what is up with all the fake injuries?

As much as I love soccer, I'll agree with your statement HerkBum. I do wish they would throw more cards at those pansies faking injury all of the time. In Asia we didn't have as much of that crap as they seem to have in South America, Italy and Spain. Not sure what is up with that other than they think they will get away with it (which they seem to) and gain a competitive advantage. The refs are supposed to watch for that and penalize when they dive!!

Guest HercengTN

"Personally, I'm ready for some real football!"

It's almost here. UT at UCLA Sep 1st.

Brandon, I am having another UT/Vandy pre and post game party 22 November. Are you going to be in town then?

Guest hawg030

I can personally say that playing soccer is/ can be very much a contact sport. However I will agree that Soccer does have too many fake injuries. but the free kicks that an injury can produce make some of the best attacks in the game so I cant complain too much... As far as Euro 2008, I Think that the netherlands getting smoked by Russia just got Germany the win, which is all right by me :thumbsup: . But too early to tell.

"Personally, I'm ready for some real football!"

It's almost here. UT at UCLA Sep 1st.

Brandon, I am having another UT/Vandy pre and post game party 22 November. Are you going to be in town then?

Probably not. I don't think I'll be home until around Christmas. But, if I do make it, I will definately stop by.

I can personally say that playing soccer is/ can be very much a contact sport. However I will agree that Soccer does have too many fake injuries. but the free kicks that an injury can produce make some of the best attacks in the game so I cant complain too much... As far as Euro 2008, I Think that the netherlands getting smoked by Russia just got Germany the win, which is all right by me :thumbsup: . But too early to tell.

Man was that a good game today or what? Germany vs. Turkey.

Guest LittleMan
Man was that a good game today or what? Germany vs. Turkey.

Yeah it was. Unfortunately, I had heard it had a great finish and it was being rebroadcast on ESPN2. I watched until halftime and during halftime was switching channels and just happened to switch to Sportscenter right when they were showing the second half highlights. I was so pissed (how can you show the second half of the game during halftime when practically everyone is going to tune out for the break anyway). Well, at least I saw the important (and awesome) things that happened in the second half without having to spend another 1.5-2 hours on the couch... it still isn't the same though.