Guard And Reserve Opportunities

Guest drelyn8

Guest drelyn8

Just moving to the southwest and I'm not finding alot of info on Kirtland AFB guard/reserve flying oportunities. I could use a little guidance if there is any out there. I have -60, uh-1 and -130 experience.

Thanks in advance.

Drelyn

Edited by drelyn8

there's "talk" aka a rumor of standing up a reserve associate unit with the 512th for HH-60 IPs to help out with the schoolhouse. I don't know that's it's gotten much past the "talk" phase, so if anything DOES come of it, it's probably at least a few years from fruition. But I bet you could get a job with LM as a brown-suiter! I've heard from reliable sources that they're looking into some of them becoming flight instructors in addition to all the ground stuff. And don't discount the whole FCF thing with L3-Vertex out there. Have no idea if they've got openings but it's a thought, and it keeps you in the cockpit.

The next closest Reserve units flying your airframes are down at DM. The 305th flying 60s and I'm not sure about the HCs.

Guest drelyn8

Not sure what this means, is it a traditional Guard/Reserve gig?

"LM as a brown-suiter!"

Thanks

Lockheed Martin, teaching academics/sims and possibly doing some flying. They wear desert flight suits. L3-Vertex would be in the same vein, just a different company, not teaching, just doing FCFs when the aircraft break.

Guest Curt22
Just moving to the southwest and I'm not finding alot of info on Kirtland AFB guard/reserve flying oportunities. I could use a little guidance if there is any out there. I have -60, uh-1 and -130 experience.

Thanks in advance.

Drelyn

Davis Monthon in AZ has AFRC HH-60 helo's...but that's about as close as it gets unless...sorry it's not ABQ!

At least one of the Lockheed sim instructors flies with the -130 unit in Colorado Springs. They flew a plane down to ABQ pick up guys for drill weekends. Other than Cheyenne, no ANG/Reserve -130s southwest except for Channel Islands.

At least one of the Lockheed sim instructors flies with the -130 unit in Colorado Springs. They flew a plane down to ABQ pick up guys for drill weekends. Other than Cheyenne, no ANG/Reserve -130s southwest except for Channel Islands.

Theres the 129th (HH-60s) and the 130th (-130s) Moffet Field as well.