The bigdogs are at Nellis.....

Guest C-21 Pilot

Guest KC10Boomer

Alright, I can see Toro and Hacker's point now. It's a good argument, although I still think it's flawed.

Since most 130s don't carry weapons (that the pilot can employ) would the AC-130s be the only hercs allowed at weapons school under your definitions?

I have a hard time believing that MCs wouldn't be considered a weapon system.

Guest rottin1

Just out of curiosity, my 130 doesn't carry any type of offensive ordinance. However, the dude we dropped a heavy pallet on would argue the fact that airlift 130s don't kill things. That is, if he were still around to do so.

Originally posted by gearpig:

For example, remember the big deal made about the 1st C-17 landing with NVGs in Afghanistan on 10K feet of runway? All the airecrew recieving Air Medals for it?

Oh....don't even get me started on that.

Guest deanrancourt

Just remember, NKWATG. Boring the same hole in the sky in the same place at the same time, same altitude, every day with no defensive systems makes for one EASY target. It ain't glorious but someones gotta do it.

Guest AirGuardian

Niiice,

I'm feeling even more dumb for not staying out of manpad range, my boyz flying NVG assault landings, dropping troops flying low and super slow, watching for missile threats with flares that may not work(C-17 in Iraq) and all of this with no ejection seat or parachute. You say we have parachutes, but if and when we do - I can truly say most of us big boyz won't let the Army guys down by running past them with parachutes on while they sit by and watch us jump out. Not happening. Real crazy crews, big round engines and being real fat targets with no "real" defense = big ones baby...

Viewing arguments on this topic - I don't really care what my designator is, but each and every aircrew knows the danger they're in and what capabilities they have to push through it. Even DHL took a hit out of Baghdad. Plenty of danger to go around, afterall flying is inherently dangerous. Keep it safe fellow flyers out there and thanks for you contribution, whatever it might be since only you know how crazy it really is!

I'll bring the kegs, we have the space and a crapper as well.!

Guest THE10MAN

Doh! Those that have and those that will...and those that will again!

Just couldn't resist could ya? Long live the rivalry!

We're always the goats 'til you need our gas n' goodies!!

Was that a "Fox 2, or 3?" What the Hell does that mean, anyway?? The difference in "Foxes" I mean...

Originally posted by THE10MAN:

Was that a "Fox 2, or 3?" What the Hell does that mean, anyway?? The difference in "Foxes" I mean...

Difference in the type of missile you've fired. Fox 1 means you've just launched an semi-active radar missile (AIM-7). Fox 2 means you've just launched a heat-seeker (AIM-9). Fox 3 means you've just launched an active radar missile (AIM-120).

Guest AirGuardian

Fox 5 would be a "pet rock" or inactive pallet...

Or maybe a Whiskey 5 or Golf 5 would be more applicable for us. I'm easy, having a big watch is enough - although I tend to walk in counter-clockwise circles...

[ 06 January 2004, 01:19: Message edited by: AirGuardian ]