Ordering Patches (name, morale, fun meter)

GW

Don’t use Mardon. I’m the supply guy for my unit, they take months for group/squadron orders, I’ve since gone to a local shop for both green bag and OCP tapes, and one of the the larger internet companies for leather jacket tags. There are MANY better options. 

12 minutes ago, UDEL09 said:

I am local at KDMA and word from our RA is that Mardon is under investigation by the IRS. We were advised to pick up any uniform items we have with them and use other establishments UFN.  

The IRS doesn't play games with shitty customer service.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mardon’s customer service sucks, but they *used to* produce some of the better quality nametags out there, IMO. Not surprised they are under investigation. 

Rama World has great customer service, but their nametags look like some kid in Laos threw it together in about 69 seconds. 

Edit: Anyone know of a company that produces good, quality nametags that don’t look cheap (a la Mardon back in the day)?

Edited by WheelsOff

Interesting.  I was just out in Tucson a few weeks ago and actually stopped by Mardon to check on something (not an order, just to see if they still had a design I bought from them a long time ago).  No mention of any problems, but I still held off on putting in an order as something didn't feel right (phrasing). 

While I haven't dealt with them in over a decade, they were a good company to work with back in the day...

I used a place down near Hurlburt recently for a custom patch project and in the Quick/Good/Cheap product triumvirate, they nailed quick and cheap. Quality however...

I swear, a vet who can get his hands on the right machines, design a website, market to the right folks and have some business sense could clean up all these other jokers out there right now...just remember to pay your taxes!

Edited by nsplayr

2 hours ago, nsplayr said:

I used a place down near Hurlburt recently for a custom patch project and in the Quick/Good/Cheap product triumvirate, they nailed quick and cheap. Quality however...

I swear, a vet who can get his hands on the right machines, design a website, market to the right folks and have some business sense could clean up all these other jokers out there right now...just remember to pay your taxes!

Don’t give away the business plan we discussed today!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 08Dawg said:

Any recommendations now on where to get the nametags for the A2 jackets?

I use nametags4.com for leather A-2 name tags.  No BS, website from this millennia, modern payment options.  Just make sure to specific it's for an A-2 jacket and they'll do the standard brown leather with a black leather border.

10 hours ago, LookieRookie said:

I got them from AAFES clothing sales.

Take a guess where they order them from? At least at CBM a few years ago, they took a percentage and used mardon. 

Break/break, couple people pm me for recommendations on the leather tags, Nametags4u.com is our new go too  The minions at home said they haven’t had any issues with them since a set up and deployed a few months ago.   

On 12/2/2017 at 5:56 PM, nsplayr said:

LOL.  I bought my wife a Bernina embroidery machine a few years ago for anniversary.  She's done some great patch work for me over the years.   

6 hours ago, matmacwc said:

Someone beat ya all to it but it’s on the ground floor, at least looking at the website.  Good dude owns it, maybe worth filling out the contact info and seeing what they can do.

http://www.punkpatches.net/#

Punk Patches are solid, we used them at DLF. Customer service from them was always great. Good to see they are finally getting a website.

On 12/6/2017 at 9:06 AM, matmacwc said:

They have a FBook page that shows what they do 

Really nice folks. However, their current setup doesn’t allow them to make leather patches did A-2 jackets. They’re hoping to expand this in the future.

Edited by Azimuth