Ordering Patches (name, morale, fun meter)

GW

Just some reviews:

Patches R Us (http://www.patchesrus.com/)

Made custom "unit" patches with this company and was very pleased. I would recommend this to anyone at IFS since they seemed to have the quickest turn around out of any company (priority shipping is also critical in that case).

Mardon Co (http://www.mardonco.com/)

Have used them twice for ordering name tag's and they have jacked up the order both times. The first email you send them needs to be 100% accurate, because in my dealings they never seem to look at subsequent emails with changes even though they will reply to them. They charge less per name tag than most other places, but have pretty steep fees for custom designs. So if you are going with an established patch they have done before then it's a decent deal.

Av8tr Stuff (http://www.av8rstuff.com)

Ordered morale patches from them. Shipped quickly and recommended.

Mil-Spec Monkey (http://milspecmonkey.com/)

Ordered morale patches and just random stuff. Most of their stuff is Army/ACU oriented though. Shipped quickly and recommended. Also provide links to other companies that sell morale patches.

Name Tags 4 U (https://www.nametags4u.com/)

Talking to them now about a custom name tag order. I will post back with results.

Can anyone over near Randolph verify that the patch shop just outside the gate still carries morale tab patches? I'm looking for a small, subdued Texas flag...

Cheers! M2

Stopped by Jeans today (after a healthy outing at Chester's Hamburgers). They had a bunch of morale patches and they'll make just about anything you want. They DID have one subdued Texas flag in stock but you can also get one made for like 5 bucks. I got a T-6 made because that's the only thing you can wear at Laughlin without leadership shitting its pants and handing you an LOC...but I digress.

BTW if you want something made that's copyrighted, like a school logo or something, Patches R Us is awesome, they don't give a f^ck. Great customer service too.

Stopped by Jeans today (after a healthy outing at Chester's Hamburgers). They had a bunch of morale patches and they'll make just about anything you want. They DID have one subdued Texas flag in stock but you can also get one made for like 5 bucks. I got a T-6 made because that's the only thing you can wear at Laughlin without leadership shitting its pants and handing you an LOC...but I digress.

BTW if you want something made that's copyrighted, like a school logo or something, Patches R Us is awesome, they don't give a f^ck. Great customer service too.

Appreciate it! Saves me from wasting time and gas driving over to that side of town to find out if they made 'em! :salut:

Name Tags 4 U (https://www.nametags4u.com/)

Talking to them now about a custom name tag order. I will post back with results.

Great company. They take care of our ROTC order of nametags every spring, and they always give a super fast turn around time (<48 hours, 20ish nametags) and worked with us on getting them shipped direct to the det even though I paid with my card. No jacked up tags in our order. If they have a question about something, they take the time to call and confirm.

Not even joking, if you don't cut your grass or water your lawn, wear the wrong patches, or wear your backpack/uniform incorrectly you will likely get an LOC and last I heard your supervisor owes leadership a case of beer.

Super thread hijack... I'm heading there in the summer, how are things in the dorms there? Chances of getting a duplex?

Not even joking, if you don't cut your grass or water your lawn, wear the wrong patches, or wear your backpack/uniform incorrectly you will likely get an LOC and last I heard your supervisor owes leadership a case of beer.

Wait--what???

OK, I get that the "leadership" there has apparently lost its collective mind and goes from zero to douchebag in .69 seconds. However douchey that may be, if that's the local policy, so be it. But to then turn around and use the traditional "Hey, we're all brothers-in-arms, we can take care of this ourselves" universal fix of suppling beer--and thereby avoid any douchiness inherent in elevating small problems to higher and/or stupider levels--is, at best, a contradiction. It'd be a fairly chilly day in hell before I'd buy beer under those circumstances....

Super thread hijack... I'm heading there in the summer, how are things in the dorms there? Chances of getting a duplex?

Same old from what I hear...there was talk about demolishing the duplexs but they just don't have enough dorms. If you show up with a roommate ready you have a good chance of getting one. I lived in one, granted it was a piece of shit and you have to put up with the equivalent of a homeowner's association bitching about your grass...but a house is a house.

Wait--what???

OK, I get that the "leadership" there has apparently lost its collective mind and goes from zero to douchebag in .69 seconds. However douchey that may be, if that's the local policy, so be it. But to then turn around and use the traditional "Hey, we're all brothers-in-arms, we can take care of this ourselves" universal fix of suppling beer--and thereby avoid any douchiness inherent in elevating small problems to higher and/or stupider levels--is, at best, a contradiction. It'd be a fairly chilly day in hell before I'd buy beer under those circumstances....

Agreed...I'm not gonna sit here and bitch about leadership there, they've done plenty of good things too, the patch deal and the LOC thing is just one of those quirks that makes you go WTF? Why is that so important? :bash:

Went by Jean's Embroidery outside of Randolph last Friday to see if they had any mini Texas flag patches. Was told not only did they not have any, but also that they couldn't make any until the new year. WTF? :bash:

Won't be rushing back there anytime soon to put in an order...

Went by Jean's Embroidery outside of Randolph last Friday to see if they had any mini Texas flag patches. Was told not only did they not have any, but also that they couldn't make any until the new year. WTF? :bash:

Won't be rushing back there anytime soon to put in an order...

Seriously? They had a bunch of tupperware containers under the counter with morale patches when I was there. There was one subdued Texas flag in there. Was it an Asian lady who hardly spoke English? "You want patch cowboy? It take long time, you pay now!"

I think it takes them about a week to make one.

Seriously? They had a bunch of tupperware containers under the counter with morale patches when I was there. There was one subdued Texas flag in there. Was it an Asian lady who hardly spoke English? "You want patch cowboy? It take long time, you pay now!"

I think it takes them about a week to make one.

Shit, there was about a dozen Asian women in there who barely spoke English; I had a momentary flashback before I remembered where I was!

I think I was getting the brush-off, to be honest, the scraggly hair and beard may have caused them to think that way. I'll stop by there again whenever I find myself on that side of town, which isn't that often.

I've decided not to waste the time/gas to go back over to the other side of SA, and ordered some from Nametags4U instead...

Cheers! M2

The wx is still nice enough to ride your bike down there isn't it?

Temps in the upper 60s/low 70s, and after a couple of days or rain the sun's out and is expected to stay that way for the next ten days...but there are some real idiots on the roads around Universal City, so I stick with rides out into the Hill Country.

Temps in the upper 60s/low 70s, and after a couple of days or rain the sun's out and is expected to stay that way for the next ten days...but there are some real idiots on the roads around Universal City, so I stick with rides out into the Hill Country.

Cheers. Forecast freezing rain followed by 6-12" of snow over the next three days. Makes a man wish for warm wx and idiot drivers.

• 1 year later...