Ordering Patches (name, morale, fun meter)

GW

Guest Xtndr50boom

"I'M NOT A LOAD" seems to be getting popular these days around the KC-10 boom community. I've seen at least 5 or 6 wearing it these last few weeks.

A little background, the ATOC weenies are notorious for coming onto our planes (10s and 135s) and asking where the load is. Not like it takes alot of brain power to figure out if the jet will have a load or a boom. Damn

9-11 patches are still reasonably popular too. And the mill-around meter is still very much in play in the 10 world.

• 1 year later...

Anybody know of any good Patch/Sticker("Zap")/Mug companies that have put out a good product in the past for anyone.

Cheaper is better but i don't want it to look like shit. I've searched Google, etc.. but can't find anyone that does both patches and stickers

I've tried several. The only one I will ever use is Mardon. They're based in Tuscon, and as far as I know, they're the best. I've never been unhappy with them, although sometimes they get backed up. Is this for a UPT class or an established unit? If for a unit, find out who they used.

www.mardonco.com

Guest Hydro130

I don't know of a CONUS joint that does both (I'm sure there's somewhere in Korea or Okinawa that does). For mugs, these cats do a very nice job.

Cheers, Hydro

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whether that's the one H2Nav is looking for or not... that's some funny shit right there!

I think there are several substitutions that could be made for "USAFE", and it would still be valid:

- AETC

- the 'Deid (with desert bags of course)

- KWRI

- __________

• 2 weeks later...

Most discussion that comes up about them leads to the usual meters and stuff about the desert. Anyone know where you can find pro sports team morale patches? If there is such a thing. What about colleges? I know a lot of A&M folks have em, but didn't know if they existed otherwise. Thanks.

Guest C-21 Pilot
Most discussion that comes up about them leads to the usual meters and stuff about the desert. Anyone know where you can find pro sports team morale patches? If there is such a thing. What about colleges? I know a lot of A&M folks have em, but didn't know if they existed otherwise. Thanks.

Between Turkey and Korea, you can get ANYTHING made. Unfortunately, in the states, most company fringe at trademark and copyright rules....you're not going to find many companies that will accomidate. You can call Mardon and ask, but I wouldn't bet on those folks being able to help.

I have had numerous Univ of Texas patches made...unfortunately, if you are coming in w/ a unique design, you won't be able to just get 1 made....I'm certain that the min request is 12 (for a new design). Prices go for about $2 per patch and $3-4 w/ velcro....it's all dependent on the current market, and your ability to negotiate.

Our unit is currently deployed in Turkey....I'll pass along any requests you have to my guys there. What specifically are you looking for?

PM back requests and I'll see if I can help you out.

• 2 months later...
Guest mjk5401

Not to do any advertising for my boys, but www.classpatch.com has some great deals on all patches (ordered in bulk). Check them out. They'll even help you out in the design process.

Edited by mjk5401

We did both our class patch and friday patch through Progressive Specialties. You can email them at sales(at)progspec(dot)com. They do great quality work and their prices are pretty descent. He's also very accommodating...i.e. we only wanted 35 friday patches and he did it for us (there's only 6 of us, so no need for the usual number). I couldn't find one company other than progressive that would let us do that. Give them an email, you won't be disappointed w/ the quality, price or their genuine care about the customer (unlike several companies I've dealt w/ in the recent past...where has customer service gone?).

We did both our class patch and friday patch through Progressive Specialties. You can email them at sales(at)progspec(dot)com. They do great quality work and their prices are pretty descent. He's also very accommodating...i.e. we only wanted 35 friday patches and he did it for us (there's only 6 of us, so no need for the usual number). I couldn't find one company other than progressive that would let us do that. Give them an email, you won't be disappointed w/ the quality, price or their genuine care about the customer (unlike several companies I've dealt w/ in the recent past...where has customer service gone?).

I'll second that. Eric and Brian are great dudes, and Eric's son Mike used to be on this forum. He completed UPT back in June...

Cheers! M2

• 3 months later...

While I agree that Mardon does good work, as alluded to above, their customer service and (moreso) their turn-around times are not the greatest. Anyone know a place to do nametags other than Mardon?