?s on ADSC (Active Duty Service Commitment)

8 hours ago, Danger41 said:

How is it possible that a guys UPT records were good enough to get B-1’s but not good enough to fly something else when that didn’t work out. That’s mind blowing.

You'd have to ask Gen Rand himself.  He's the only one that decided this guy shouldn't be moved to another airframe.  Maybe it's because we have way too many pilots in the service already...🙄

• Like 1

May have missed something like this in the past 30 pages. My interservice transfer comittment is 6 years and will take me to just shy of 21 years total service. However, if I don’t pick up O-5, does the 20 year HYT trump the 6 year ADSC, or vice versa? From what I understand, I’m not obligated to accept continuation out to 24 if I don’t want to.

How is it possible that a guys UPT records were good enough to get B-1’s but not good enough to fly something else when that didn’t work out. That’s mind blowing.

When I was going through Kirtland, there was a guy who was at the MC-130H FTU who had already gone through Little Rock and had a clean C-130H form 8 who washed out of the MC-H course and was separated, not allowed to go back to slick herks... thought that was the dumbest thing ever.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Bigred said:

May have missed something like this in the past 30 pages. My interservice transfer comittment is 6 years and will take me to just shy of 21 years total service. However, if I don’t pick up O-5, does the 20 year HYT trump the 6 year ADSC, or vice versa? From what I understand, I’m not obligated to accept continuation out to 24 if I don’t want to.

Once you are twice passed over for O-5 then you'll have the option to accept continuation or punch NLT 6 months from that date.  DOPMA is the source law/reg; trumps ASDC.  Continuation is not guaranteed but is pretty much auto-offered in this day and age.

Sounds like a not great deal all around...
Delta knows you’ll be going back and “losing” their employee for at least 3 years after that. (Because the CIP requires you pay back the time at double the time off)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard from second hand sources there are folks in the Career Intermission Program (CIP) flying for a major airline (I.e., C-5 pilot who is currently flying for Delta with a 18 month CIP). 

Do you guys know of anyone who has gone through this program? Is it possible to enter the IRR through the CIP, get a line number with a major, then return to AD? 

I know a dude at United doing the same thing. He’s close enough to retirement that when he gets back he will finish out.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 1