?s on ADSC (Active Duty Service Commitment)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 6:34 AM, ThreeHoler said:

Unless it just changed, it is training RIPs signed before 1 Nov 18.

We've had several people turn down IPUG already and sorry no one is rolling the dice that AFPC will honor a Facebook post when it comes to what the 1 November timeline actually entails.

3 hours ago, Fuzz said:

We've had several people turn down IPUG already and sorry no one is rolling the dice that AFPC will honor a Facebook post when it comes to what the 1 November timeline actually entails.

Same in this corner of the MAF.  Lot’s of former RPA or white jet guys within 3 years of the commitment that are already refusing to upgrade.  Many of the other IPs planning to punch at the earliest opportunity.  It’s okay, we don’t need instructors...

• 3 weeks later...

Rumor out of Corona is this was discussed in detail and ADSCs for advanced flying training are going away as a result. 

Not sure on the timeline, but AFPC has for implementation. Logic: atrocious numbers of dudes balking at upgrade over the three year ADSC requirement, and most of them are or are going to be under an ADSC for PCS anyway, so why are they being forced to sign paperwork that's ultimately hurting combat readiness ? 

We shall see I guess....

Chuck

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Chuck17 said:

Rumor out of Corona is this was discussed in detail and ADSCs for advanced flying training are going away as a result. 

Not sure on the timeline, but AFPC has for implementation. Logic: atrocious numbers of dudes balking at upgrade over the three year ADSC requirement, and most of them are or are going to be under an ADSC for PCS anyway, so why are they being forced to sign paperwork that's ultimately hurting combat readiness ? 

We shall see I guess....

Chuck

I'd say too late the damage has already been done but not sure if you damage something that is already destroyed you can call it "more" damaged... 

Edited by DirtyFlightSuit

3 hours ago, Chuck17 said:

We shall see I guess....

Chuck

So the ADSC policy changed without any of the Generals knowing what was going on, but it takes Corona to straighten out the mess?  That checks.  I'm sure implementation will occur during the next re-write...in 6 years.

Someone should tell the Generals.. it doesn’t matter if they fix this problem, the trust has been lost a thousand times over. I’m not affected by these ADSC shenanigans, but I’m on the lookout for the next time the Air Force will try to screw its personnel over without any of the Generals  knowing about it.. allegedly that is.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, herkbier said:

Someone should tell the Generals.. it doesn’t matter if they fix this problem, the trust has been lost a thousand times over. I’m not affected by these ADSC shenanigans, but I’m on the lookout for the next time the Air Force will try to screw its personnel over without any of the Generals  knowing about it.. allegedly that is.

No! Don’t be so emotional.  Don’t forget that people read these forums and take away things like “more money isn’t even worth the effort.”

It absolutely matters. Would it have been better if this never came up? Sure. Did HAF/A1* breach the trust? Absolutely; those douchebags! But! Having cooler craniums prevail re: the policy (with negative fallout likely for the ‘perpetrators’) is a big deal. That’s the difference between a complete meltdown and a brief release of radioactive policy. The gulf between is massive. 

Edit to correct AFPC to HAF/A1. 

Edited by jice
  • Like 1

No! Don’t be so emotional.  Don’t forget that people read these forums and take away things like “more money isn’t even worth the effort.”
It absolutely matters. Would it have been better if this never came up? Sure. Did AFPC breach the trust? Absolutely; those douchebags! But! Having cooler craniums prevail re: the policy (with negative fallout likely for the ‘perpetrators’) is a big deal. That’s the difference between a complete meltdown and a brief release of radioactive policy. The gulf between is massive. 

It wasn’t AFPC. It was AF/A1.
  • Upvote 1

You’re right, it does matter and absolutely needs to be corrected. But it should’ve been corrected months ago with a swift “No!” From CSAF. 

Again, I’m not affected by this policy SNAFU, but it seems like dumb ass policies without oversight is situation normal. It probably has been since the 40s.. just seems more magnified now. 

• Upvote 3

Why the should I get additional time for going to white jets? I’ve lived up to my decade post UPT commitment. AFPC fighting me for 6 more months post commitment tells me all I need to know. 

Get ed. 

Because CSAF says so and you are a volunteer and should do whatever the AF tells you to.

Get Fingered! (That’s a callsign)

New ADSC reg dated 22 October on e-publishing today. All ADSCs for IQ/RQ/IPUG/PIT are gone.

I can’t believe they eliminated ADSCs for PIT and cross flow. Whatever we did to make that happen, let’s do the same for a 150k/yr bonus. Then they might get a few people to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Guardian said:

What about the “can’t extend past your initial 10 year pilot training adsc?”

That turned into “there is NO ADSC for this training. At all.”  It’s weird enough that I think it must be an April Fools joke in October.