?s on ADSC (Active Duty Service Commitment)

57 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I literally have no idea what I need for currency between the Published Vol 1, the released admendments, the cluster that is ARMS in both the AF wide change and the fact that ARMs doesn’t reflect our new Vol 1 plus all our logging sheets for sorties are now outdated. 

Same here. Fortunately our Sq SARM troop is shit hot and continuously checks all of the products (ARMS and Jaspersoft Go/No-Go reports) against paper MARs that we log with him that is tracked in his OCD compliant system. We only use GTIMS for FCIFs, monthly Boldface and quarterly/checkride testing because everything else with that system is Code 3.

This is ridiculous, if the Airman or Sgt or whoever it was that I talked to LAST SUMMER about ADSC for re-qual was able to inform me that the 36-2107 was being re-written then everyone knew about it. When I was in the process of signing my RIP and completing training, I was checking the E-Publishing site every day to make sure it hadn’t changed.

Upper management needs to OWN this, and it’s just the latest example of their ineptitude in how it was rolled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I won’t take credit for this cause it was on the MAF fb page but thought the masses here would like to read this literary work. 

Ballad of the Blue-

Functionals, Commanders, hey anyone!
Can someone tell me just what's been done?

I've emailed, I've called, and text.
Can't get a reply and I'm vexxed.

Did I mention I'm currently deployed; Also got my first kid on the way.
Motivation is deftly destroyed; and then this is what you don't say.

"Sorry Shane but big blue has got needs; we need you to click on this mouse.
Yeah you signed up for flight deeds; but it's vital to hold up the house...

..of cards that we made paper thin; This shortage has got us confused.
We just wanna fly, fight, and win; So here comes the fraud/waste/abuse.

Ten years, we need after you train; we get thirteen when you're done.
The KC-10, yeah that's your plane; hard work but hotdamn is it fun.

Five deployments then up to IP; Four years flew by just as they should.
You want the U-2 oh I see; Here's an RQ-4 grand forks just as good."

Okay I get it I can color; I'm gonna do a good job you'll see.
And I'll earn you every dollar; Guess what now I'm a 2x IP.

Getting close to that commitment now; Certainly prefer to be up in the blue.
Bring me back to the -10 was the vow; But now I need contract anew?

4 out of 13 just doesn't math; It seems like a waste of millions.
Sagan was on the right path; I'm just one of billions and billions.

To be honest I'm quite happy to fly; maybe well beyond 13 years.
But not strong-armed ADSC why? Just treat me right and no tears.

Hello? I called Randolph 3 times; Commander on leave in the boonie thickets.
No facebook love I'll try rhymes; but all I hear is.....crickets.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, di1630 said:

If someone were to 7-day opt an assignment because it took them past ADSC, could Big Blue turn the tables and involuntarily separate that person?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

There are rules and procedures. They can’t just kick you out tomorrow. 

You want the assignments afi and the separations afi. Use caution, much of those afi’s were written by lawyers and not for your benefit. 

6 hours ago, di1630 said:

If someone were to 7-day opt an assignment because it took them past ADSC, could Big Blue turn the tables and involuntarily separate that person?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Would you not then get paid ivolontary sep to walk out the door even earlier than your UPT ADSC?

Almost sounds like a golden ticket.

• Upvote 1

Would you not then get paid ivolontary sep to walk out the door even earlier than your UPT ADSC?
Almost sounds like a golden ticket.
Yeah, but more than likely they will make you serve out the rest of your commitment, at which point it's a voluntary separation with no pay. Keeps the bodies in while not paying a separation pay. Plus creates a pool of people hot for 179 deployments.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The way I see it, being a pilot in the USAF right now is like flying spins in an ejection seat equipped jet.  We're in the spin at pretty high altitude, hanging with it.  Changing the ADSC reg told us (mid-spin) that our ejection seat has a min altitude of 15,000A for a safe ejection.  Could I stick with it and probably come out ok below that?  Maybe, but why risk it?  I just found this out in the middle of the event, do I really want to press to test?

You'll start seeing a lot more pilots reject staff assignments, and/or reject requal after those assignments.  Separating at 12 years of service will become the norm...especially with BRS.  We few caught in the middle before will probably punch instead of going for 20.

Edited by FourFans130

1 hour ago, FourFans130 said:

The way I see it, being a pilot in the USAF right now is like flying spins in an ejection seat equipped jet.  We're in the spin at pretty high altitude, hanging with it.  Changing the ADSC reg told us (mid-spin) that our ejection seat has a min altitude of 15,000A for a safe ejection.  Could I stick with it and probably come out ok below that?  Maybe, but why risk it?  I just found this out in the middle of the event, do I really want to press to test?

You'll start seeing a lot more pilots reject staff assignments, and/or reject requal after those assignments.  Separating at 12 years of service will become the norm...especially with BRS.  We few caught in the middle before will probably punch instead of going for 20.

Hopefully you won't find that the seat doesn't fire when you pull the handles...metaphorically speaking, of course.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

This is the logical conclusion of this change in policy coupled with the BRS and the fact that they don't select majors for school at the board anymore (i.e. you don't know exactly where you stand at decision time). 

The #1 problem with the new ADCS policy is that guys hot for non-flying 365s will have to go on said 365, then they incur a 3 year adsc when they get requal'd to fly the plane they already knew how to fly. It's like getting caught in a hydraulic in the rapids.

Beatings will continue whether morale improves or not.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, billy pilgrim said:

My assignments started to get a lot better once I became a free agent.  Also found out the other day that I am one of two in my AFSC and year group in the CAF.  So maybe there's just no one left.  Not sure.

So using Air Force logic, one of you is expendable and should expect your 365 or pass over shortly.