?s on ADSC (Active Duty Service Commitment)

Anything new on this?  I'm sure Big Blue would love for the pitchfork crowd to let this fade from their memory.

Last out of MAF FB Page was they heard word from the SECAF to have your CC request a waiver from the OPR. Apparently when you request an AFI waiver the OPR has 30 days to respond otherwise your request is auto approved. While the MAF folks say they are still seeking a better resolution, this is apparently the way forward for now.

Last out of MAF FB Page was they heard word from the SECAF to have your CC request a waiver from the OPR. Apparently when you request an AFI waiver the OPR has 30 days to respond otherwise your request is auto approved. While the MAF folks say they are still seeking a better resolution, this is apparently the way forward for now.

Seems legit...day 29/30: “Waiver request denied. Enjoy your new ADSC now that you can’t 7-day opt.”
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wtf? How can he (name’s on the MAF thread) seriously suggest this as a viable solution? If HAF stands by this policy, they’ll straight up revoke any waiver requests. If they don’t, they need to just fix the fvcking AFI.

Wait why can you not 7-day opt? If you don’t sign it forces a DOS I thought? 

You would be able to if you straight up 7-day’d it. But if you roll the bones to get the requal without the commitment then you could give up your 7-day opt if they don’t deny your waiver in the 7-day window.

7 minutes ago, ThreeHoler said:

You would be able to if you straight up 7-day’d it. But if you roll the bones to get the requal without the commitment then you could give up your 7-day opt if they don’t deny your waiver in the 7-day window.

Ah, tracking now thanks. Making sure, I fully plan to 7-day my requal ADSC. 

• Upvote 1

So, how does AFPC even get notified of an in-house requal?  I understand if it's in conjunction with a PCS and you're out of the jet <39 months...but what if a guy goes long-term DNIF, and his checkride is overdue...now he has an additional ADSC?  Who routes that paperwork for AFPC?  Or a guy coming back from a 6-month non-flying deployment...now that guy will have an ADSC for in-house, commander directed requal?  Again, who is even notifying AFPC if there's no training RIP and no PCS involved?

So, how does AFPC even get notified of an in-house requal?  I understand if it's in conjunction with a PCS and you're out of the jet

I assume this is for the units like Travis 10s which have a training component to their flying ops. Pretty sure they do requals through the formal training school house after studs PCS in. Similar to PIT for guys as well. There will be formal RIPs for that situation.

Well they figured it out. Q3 the major a year out from his separation for a 1 knot overspeed.  CC directed requal, the CC just secured a body for 2 additional years! 

If that happened to me I would refuse to re-qual. I’m pretty sure I could explain that in an airline interview.
  • Upvote 1

Welp, at some point you've got to sh1t or get off the pot.  I think it's time to deuce.

Anyone else familiar with 7 day option and/or utilized it before your ADSC expired?

Referencing Table 2.9 (36-2110 dated Sep 2009): If I receive an assignment and it does not take me past my longest ADSC, I can exercise the 7 day option and remain in place until my separation date?  I'm assuming that while waiting to separate I can apply for Palace Chase and get out sooner..

My UPT ADSC expires 15 months after when my next PCS should occur and GI Bill transfer ADSC expires 25 months after, both of which would be under the 3 years I'd get for requal.  Yay for AF shooting itself in the foot with the new ADSC reg.

2110.JPG

Edited by MDDieselPilot

Welp, at some point you've got to sh1t or get off the pot.  I think it's time to deuce.
Anyone else familiar with 7 day option and/or utilized it before your ADSC expired?
Referencing Table 2.9 (36-2110 dated Sep 2009): If I receive an assignment and it does not take me past my longest ADSC, I can exercise the 7 day option and remain in place until my separation date?  I'm assuming that while waiting to separate I can apply for Palace Chase and get out sooner..
My UPT ADSC expires 15 months after when my next PCS should occur and GI Bill transfer ADSC expires 25 months after, both of which would be under the 3 years I'd get for requal.  Yay for AF shooting itself in the foot with the new ADSC reg.
2110.thumb.JPG.aa9910aa26f2ad6303d867619c024134.JPG

They can waive the ADSC and make you PCS anyway. That said, I doubt they will if you have to go through FTU, since they’ll get even less useful time out of you. Where I’ve seen it happen is guys with less than 2 years left being sent to either instruct at Altus or go to staff. 7-day opting can also put you at the top of the list for 179s.

1 hour ago, ihtfp06 said:

They can waive the ADSC and make you PCS anyway. That said, I doubt they will if you have to go through FTU, since they’ll get even less useful time out of you. Where I’ve seen it happen is guys with less than 2 years left being sent to either instruct at Altus or go to staff. 7-day opting can also put you at the top of the list for 179s.

Of note, I'm pretty sure you cannot get a 179 or even a 365 while your Palace Chase application is in limbo.

Of note, I'm pretty sure you cannot get a 179 or even a 365 while your Palace Chase application is in limbo.

If true, shouldn’t we all put in PC apps for the remainder of our ADSC, and reapply each time they’re denied?

Paragraph 1.4.13 says you can’t go TDY during PC application process without coordination between CC/DO and AFPC, the update also says “Exception: Does not apply to aircrew members.”

The intent of the exception should be to allow aircrew to continue to execute missions while awaiting PC results, but I could see it being utilized for nefarious purposes.

• Upvote 1

If you are on a dependent restricted tour and decide to 7-day opt because of this BS requal ADSC, what happens? Does your DEROS and DOS get moved to the day your ADSC ends and you are stuck without your family for potentially 3-4 years? Asking for a friend.