?s on ADSC (Active Duty Service Commitment)

They can send you ADSC or not. Depends on how badly they want you to go. If you want to stay together then you will likely have to pay the bill. Sorry man. I was someone who never got a join spouse offer from my functional even though my wife’s functional was bending over backwards to make anything happen. She separated because I had an ADSC.

21 hours ago, MDDieselPilot said:

So we (join spouse) will PCS summer 2019, i'm currently not flying.  My UPT ADSC expires Oct 2020.  if AFPC is not able to match us to an assignment with my old MWS, can they force me to take a white jet (Scott, Tampa) and therefore 3 year ADSC that would go past my UPT commitment?  I say those locations because my wife's rank/job essentially requires she work at a HHQ location.

You won’t be getting a “white jet to Tampa”.  They won’t exist after next summer.

3 hours ago, Karl Hungus said:

You won’t be getting a “white jet to Tampa”.  They won’t exist after next summer.

Scott, Hickam, Andrews, or wherever they get moved.  My overall point was more towards the new jet & ADSC rather than that specific location.

Have you seen that in writing?  None of the dudes I know in those units has heard squat.

11 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

They can send you ADSC or not. Depends on how badly they want you to go. If you want to stay together then you will likely have to pay the bill. Sorry man. I was someone who never got a join spouse offer from my functional even though my wife’s functional was bending over backwards to make anything happen. She separated because I had an ADSC.

We've been extremely well taken care of for the few moves that we've been married.. I have no room to complain about AFPC in that regard.  But yea, I give it 50/50 for this next move based on limited assignment options.

21 hours ago, MDDieselPilot said:

What are the specific plans, or where can I find them? 

I know the C-21 squadron at Andrews is going to close soon, already seen a few people headed there get vectored elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fingers Goldfien is a douche. This is his idea garunteed to fix the problem. Don’t keep promises. Change the rules. Keep people beyond what they agreed to and when they don’t agree to an adsc then give them 365’s because they have identified as not wanting to continue in this military. It’s shameful. This military is burning itself to the ground.

So as I see it in the excerpt IPUG or WIC will not incur the ADSC since they are not initial or requal. Also what about differences training (ie TH-1 to a UH-1) it's an initial qual course at the FTU but isn't per the MDSV2?

1 hour ago, HossHarris said:

Hanlon’s razor

Almost certainly.  However, our perceived institutional integrity is pretty low after the last decade of CSAFs' words not matching the organization's actions.  I can almost guarantee that the general populace will judge this change on its effects, not intent.

• Like 2

So if you’re within 3 years of your UPT commitment they can’t force you to become a UPT instructor?

That’s a good way of looking at it.

I’m willing to stay put til retirement vs PCS my family to a AETC base. I think everyone needs to really know their options and the regs to weigh options here.

46 minutes ago, di1630 said:

That’s a good way of looking at it.

I’m willing to stay put til retirement vs PCS my family to a AETC base. I think everyone needs to really know their options and the regs to weigh options here.

Upon re-reading, if you're a second assignment guy who got sent to UPT with about 6 yrs left on the clock, your re-qual into your first MWS is going to hose you as well.

• Like 1

Upon re-reading, if you're a second assignment guy who got sent to UPT with about 6 yrs left on the clock, your re-qual into your first MWS is going to hose you as well.

Guess you’ll be staying at Del Rio

I’d think this only applies to formal requal courses. Should be able to do CC directed requal for that case, which shouldn’t incur the ADSC as there’s no paper trail with AFPC

8 minutes ago, pcola said:

I’d think this only applies to formal requal courses. Should be able to do CC directed requal for that case, which shouldn’t incur the ADSC as there’s no paper trail with AFPC

Except for note 2 which talks about in-house requals also incurring an ADSC.

8 minutes ago, pcola said:

Not from what I've seen.  Pilot gets sent to UPT as a C-17 AC, completes UPT tour and heads to Altus for AC re-qual course.  Looks like that would definitely get an ADSC.