Non rated Categorization

Guest hawg030

Guest hawg030

Any word on non rated categorization, Any idea when our cadets will get thier jobs? I know a few non rated categorized cadets who surf this board.

Hawg

Guest crank
Any word on non rated categorization, Any idea when our cadets will get thier jobs? I know a few non rated categorized cadets who surf this board.

I'm assuming you mean FY09-FY10 categorization. Last year they released them around this time last year for FY08-FY09 so they should be getting them out soon. Seems different every year though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hootie

soooo its the 25th....and they aren't in....anyone heard any word about this? i don't know why i really expected them to be ready today - that would be too convienent :bash:

Guest hootie
So heard from our NCO. It was released today then recalled for some reason. So they aren't supposed to tell us yet...

Anyone have the "unofficial" information? (an excel maybe?)

so has anyone heard anything yet today????

they're in... my cadre's on the phone letting everyone know as we speak!

Just got word of 13SX... Space and Missiles, even though I'm introducing it to all my friends as "S&M", being witty and all.

Time to learn to surf and swim, Camp VandyLand, here I come!

Guest hootie
Just got word of 13SX... Space and Missiles, even though I'm introducing it to all my friends as "S&M", being witty and all.

Time to learn to surf and swim, Camp VandyLand, here I come!

:rainbow: ...no one bothered to tell us today :bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

Edited by hootie

Stretch,

What region are you from?

It might be a region thing.

I'm southeast region- all the non-rated types found out today. I heard that there may have been a mix up with S&M though-- there were 162 AFROTC spots for S&M this year according to the spreadsheet I've uploaded on here for the FY09 splits. Rumor has it that the computer gave out about 250 S&M spots, so our guys (we had 5 at my det) who got it were told it might switch...

I love this "Smooth Flow" initiative :M16: ! wtf...

Stretch,

What region are you from?

It might be a region thing.

North East... Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester NY.

I hadn't heard of the switching that may happen, James. I wouldn't be thrilled nor hating is that happens, to be honest. I'm an outdoor-sy guy, it's bittersweet.

Hm... so everyone but southwest huh. We're always last for everything....

Guess all we can do is keep on waiting. If anyone hears word of the "fixed" information coming out (after the S&M slot problems are resolved) post so we can all go and but our NCOs about it.

Guest hootie

always gotta be the southwest huh .... guess thats what i get for going to school in texas ----i think this accurately describes the situation ------> :bohica:

Guest masterchiefll

so...I got 2 AFSCs: 63AX (acquisitions) and 14NX (intelligence). My cadre told me it was because of a program called OPEX (operational experience), but I couldn't find much info about it online. Can anyone tell me more? Why did I get thrown into this...? Is the selection process completely random?

so...I got 2 AFSCs: 63AX (acquisitions) and 14NX (intelligence). My cadre told me it was because of a program called OPEX (operational experience), but I couldn't find much info about it online. Can anyone tell me more? Why did I get thrown into this...? Is the selection process completely random?

Do you have some sort of major or experience that lends you to that sort of job?

Did you request either?

We had a couple people get the same deal, 63AX with S&M or MX. Basically AFMC leadership wanted their AQ folks to have some real world experience with the AF so they were assigning 63AX to do a tour in another career field first.

Guest masterchiefll
Do you have some sort of major or experience that lends you to that sort of job?

Did you request either?

63AX was my top choice, and I listed 14NX as my fifth. I'm a business major and am fluent in Chinese (maybe that had something to do with it?).