Non rated Categorization

Guest hawg030

Guest hootie

so i found out yesterday ... 13MX - AIRFIELD OPS!!! my first choice. :thumbsup: ...anyone know much more about this career field??

Guest hootie
Congrats.. there's only 16 of ya across rotc this year.

actually the list says only 8....so thats why i was freaking out about finding out

so i found out yesterday ... 13MX - AIRFIELD OPS!!! my first choice. :thumbsup: ...anyone know much more about this career field??

Its a pretty cool job. It sets up up nicely when you get out to be an airport manager, or the FAA. I have an 13MX guy in one of my grad classes. PM me and I'll see what info he can give you.

Check your PMs for a Lt Col 13M's name and contact info. He PCS's from DC to Brussels this summer.

Guest crank
Is there a way to APPLY for OPEX versus just randomly getting it?

Not from what I've heard. This is typically a shoe situation for 63AX's and 33AX's (Maybe a few others). But it most often involves a MX tour.

well my det is slow as hell and i found out my afsc today. im a cs major so naturally i got 33s even though it wasn't my first choice. yeeeeeep i'm gonna be a comm-O. does anyone know anything about combat comm? i wanna get dirty :M16:

Guest crank
i wanna get dirty

...sts

Since combat comm is not its own career field, you really need to get your Det/CC on your side to get assigned a base that has Combat Comm. I heard from a prior combat comm officer that they like to promote from within (sts) so if you can get your foot in the door, (sts) you can stay away from fixing my email :bash: Do some research to find where the combat comm units are. I think there are 3 major bases (maybe more) if i'm not mistaken....I was looking into it before I got reassigned to MX :rock:

Guest 055-NOS

I have a question about the Form 53 for Locations - maybe this is the best place to ask.

Right now I have a pilot slot, if I get DQ'd I will most likely be Comm (CS Major).

1. Will be given a second chance to list preferred locations if my AFSC changes?

2. I don't care about where they stick me for UPT. I'm more concerned about which comm base I end up on in the case of a DQ. So is it possible for me to just list my preferred comm bases and leave UPT bases off of the form altogether?

Guest MizzouNav
I have a question about the Form 53 for Locations - maybe this is the best place to ask.

Right now I have a pilot slot, if I get DQ'd I will most likely be Comm (CS Major).

1. Will be given a second chance to list preferred locations if my AFSC changes?

2. I don't care about where they stick me for UPT. I'm more concerned about which comm base I end up on in the case of a DQ. So is it possible for me to just list my preferred comm bases and leave UPT bases off of the form altogether?

I just wen through this situation, so i can lend you some advice.

They look at what you put on your Form 53 the first time, so you don't get a chance to redo it. But if that DQ creeps up, the cadre will work with you to get a base you want if its availible. So don't sweat it and just put down the bases for UPT you would like. Ifyou still feel uneasy about it, talk to your NCOs, this stuff is right up their alley.

Guest crank
I just wen through this situation, so i can lend you some advice.

They look at what you put on your Form 53 the first time, so you don't get a chance to redo it. But if that DQ creeps up, the cadre will work with you to get a base you want if its availible. So don't sweat it and just put down the bases for UPT you would like. Ifyou still feel uneasy about it, talk to your NCOs, this stuff is right up their alley.

This depends on when you get DQ'd. You Col can get the personnel people to re-open the 53 site for you to enter new base preferences. This was done for two cadets last year, but it was soon after the original 53 preference. I think after a while you get into MissouNav's situation and you just get what is left over.

Guest MizzouNav
This depends on when you get DQ'd. You Col can get the personnel people to re-open the 53 site for you to enter new base preferences. This was done for two cadets last year, but it was soon after the original 53 preference. I think after a while you get into MissouNav's situation and you just get what is left over.

Update on my situation: theycalled the det today and wnated my new base prefs. so you get to do your prefs all over again. Wish they told my NCOs that, could have my info by now but i have to wait, AGAIN. Oh well, as long as i get a base i'm happy.

The base lists for each AFSC do change, and i think thats why they want you to redo the prefs. Half of my picks were no longer on the list, and the lst was maybe 3/4 to 1/2 the size it was a year ago, probably because of the slots that remained i hope.

but don't sweat it, if you are nice and willing to work with your cadre, and not freak out and be a crybaby bitch about it they will help you out as much as they can.

Guest 055-NOS
Update on my situation: theycalled the det today and wnated my new base prefs. so you get to do your prefs all over again. Wish they told my NCOs that, could have my info by now but i have to wait, AGAIN. Oh well, as long as i get a base i'm happy.

The base lists for each AFSC do change, and i think thats why they want you to redo the prefs. Half of my picks were no longer on the list, and the lst was maybe 3/4 to 1/2 the size it was a year ago, probably because of the slots that remained i hope.

but don't sweat it, if you are nice and willing to work with your cadre, and not freak out and be a crybaby bitch about it they will help you out as much as they can.

Yah, turns out I can't list bases that lie outside of my currently designated job anyways - the online form doesn't allow it. I probably should have tried filling it out before wasting your time.

Anyways thanks for the info guys - I appreciate it.

so what bases did everyone pick? anyone trying to go OCONUS?

mine are:

1.ramstein

2.robins

3.tinker

^combat comm bases^

4.yokata

5.hickam

6.hurlburt <- hoping for a chance to do something kool

anybody know when we are supposed to find out what bases we actually get? i think its near august?

Guest 055-NOS

http://www.jcse.mil/index_n.htm

Falcon check out the link above. My comm buddy told me this is the place to go if you want some serious action as a comm guy. I believe its at MacDill so if you can redo your form you might wanna put MacDill in there.

thanks NOS! yea actually earlier today i went and talked to my det/cc bout my base choices and wanting to be combat comm. ironically hes mentored a LT that is at the JCSE. so my det/cc told me to put that on my 53. so i put Macdill as my #1 and put that i wanted to go JCSE in the cadet comments part. now we play the waiting game :banghead: :banghead: