Cost of UPT?

My class has been doing $20/month class dues. We've used it to buy our class patches/stickers, pay for our track party, awards for favorite IPs, etc. $20 per month adds up when you've got over 20 people paying into it. There have been some other expenses that didn't pertain to the whole class that individuals paid for. I'd say start with $20 and go from there.

At SPS we did $50 dues every month, which seems to be what most the classes pay here. However, we all got 180 back after we all graduated so total cost here was about 400-450 for the year of upt. That covered food/beer for the various parties(for students, IPs, and fam when they were invovled), patches, scarves, assignment night, and everything else flight related up to graduation. Our class took the view of paying more in dues to ensure everything would be covered and then getting a kick back on the left over funds once we finished.

Or you could go large, pony up an extra couple of hundred each, buy a class bus and party like rock stars. You would, of course, have to paint it flat black with flames.

Just like this only shorter:post-1152-1208200026_thumb.jpg

We've got one of those floating around here at CB. Though I never see it around... always in the same spot.

We've got one of those floating around here at CB. Though I never see it around... always in the same spot.

Yeah, it's probably my class....05-08. If it's one of those kinds of buses that's short, was used to transport handicapped people, and it'd painted gray, then that's it.

Guest ASUcadet
Or you could go large, pony up an extra couple of hundred each, buy a class bus and party like rock stars. You would, of course, have to paint it flat black with flames.

I dunno, I think it might be a bad idea to be the UPT class that drives the short bus around. You might as well paint "Timmay and the Lords of the Underworld" on the side, right behind the flames: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/151972

Guest Bender

Why is this even a curiosity? How much of a tight-wad are you?

Tell me you're married to Filipino chick and have 3 kids of your own, 4 she had before you met her and both her parents are still alive...

Maybe you should trade that car back in....

BENDY

I think dues are the best idea ever. Other wise, you will be paying for everything else out of your pocket--all at once. Or, forcing your spouse's to fundraise on your behalf.

According to the info I got from my Spouse's Orientation, the approximate unavoidable costs at UPT is $1083-$1248

Ill D,

Just don't be that guy who makes being the "money guy" in your class a miserable experience because it's like pulling teeth everytime dues are due. There were always those two or three "tightwads" (Thanks, Bender) who would come up with every excuse under the sun why they shouldn't pay, or want to audit you every 6-9 days to make sure that either you or the bank attendant hadn't taken their precious $20 and blown it at Tunica or something.

I've seen 2. One is the FAIP short bus, and some class has a short bus painted like a T-6.

I've seen 2. One is the FAIP short bus, and some class has a short bus painted like a T-6.

The bus sounds more cool than what some casual bubba here at XL has done. He took his mid-90s model Ford Mustang convertible and has spray painted it to make is look like a P-51. It is kind of sad looking. He also has a vanity licence plate that says FLY AF. Hopefully, he makes it through UPT, otherwise he will look quite silly.

Guest Cap-10

aahhh...the CBM FAIP Bus. Brings back some memories.

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

Why is this even a curiosity? How much of a tight-wad are you?

Tell me you're married to Filipino chick and have 3 kids of your own, 4 she had before you met her and both her parents are still alive...

Maybe you should trade that car back in....

BENDY

It's always good to have the info ahead of time. Lord knows it made things tight around our house the month we coughed up the cash for the winging reception, party, shirts, mugs, gifts, etc...

If I had known how much I was looking at, I could have budgeted for it. And yes, Bender, I'm married, I have a kid, and I've got two car payments and a crapload of college debt.

I dunno, I think it might be a bad idea to be the UPT class that drives the short bus around. You might as well paint "Timmay and the Lords of the Underworld" on the side, right behind the flames: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/151972

Oh we joked around about that, but we knew the Wing King wouldn't go for it.

However we did do a spirit run and kidnapped the OG/CC. He was laughing his a$$ off for hours!!

Guest AFlyer55

There's two around here. One is the FAIP Mafia bus and still has the MY tail flash on it. Don't know how long it's been here. The other is the one painted like the T-6 and belongs to class 08-12 - they picked it up for like $2k and painted it up. It never moves because it doesn't run - has some serious transmission issues.

If anyone is going to get a class bus, make sure it runs first. You'd think the T-6 bus is more like the C-5 bus, except that they don't have a crew chief to fix it and they're not stuck in Spain.

I would guess that we spent around $300 per person for all of UPT. Classes do spend far more than that, but that's b/c they decide to blow shit tons of money on crap that's unnecessary. Buy a realistic number of patches...everyone in class could order one patch or 50 patches, it didn't matter, then we ordered an additional 50 for IPs, guest speakers, random base offices, etc. That all worked out just fine. We also didn't blow tons of money on shirts, coins, mugs, etc. That costs also included several parties, lots of random booze over the year, etc....the stuff that really matters. If you're spending close to a grand, you either have way too much money to blow or you're retarded. Don't be a tight wad, but also don't let a few clowns force your class into paying tons of money for worthless stuff (Example: Our baby class paid something like $200 per person for graduation alone (excluding the costs of all their food) b/c some people wanted expensive flower center pieces and some other crap like that...worthless.)

I agree with Brabus. I find it difficult to pay $$$ for center pieces, when I'm already forking over $$ for nasty club food.

The only way I would "suggest" that we spend more money for graduation, is if we can go to a place that actually serves GOOD food.

I agree with Brabus. I find it difficult to pay $$$ for center pieces, when I'm already forking over $$ for nasty club food.

The only way I would "suggest" that we spend more money for graduation, is if we can go to a place that actually serves GOOD food.

I agree. The clus are often overpriced and poor quality, but you are required to use it by the support group commander.

One I heard recently regarding the new promotion "It's YOUR club"..."Really? It's my club? Can I shut it down and go somewhere with good food?"