C-17 Globemaster Q&A

scoobs

That's a scary thought.  Glad you're back in the jet, man.
I'll add that the jets are starting to show their age.  I'm at a Guard unit that admittedly has some former AD hangar queens, but the maintenance issues are getting ridiculous  As a Traditional, I will not take a trip without at least two days of buffer before an airline trip.  While it will never be as bad as the C-5, I fly with a lot of former FRED flyers that are scratching their heads at the reliability of the jet these days.

Stewart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a scary thought and it's good to be back! Luckily our jets still do pretty good but the wear and tear is showing. I've noticed a lot of system failures that "fix" themselves before you can run a checklist and you just get a shoulder shrug from MX because they can only pull the codes but CND.

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network Forums

16 hours ago, POKESC17 said:

Depends on location. As one of those older guys, it's way slower. Not even remotely close to 2008 levels. At least at the single Sq bases. Deployment guys are returning after 75 with about 150-200 hours and timing out isn't a concern at home station. Every once in a while it gets tough to fill everything but it's usually a currency or IP availability issue. Find out which base you're headed to and call them.

I've heard this from a couple bros at single squadron bases, some have mentioned being bored out of thier mind due to having few missions yet we were scraping by to fill all of ours.