Boycott Clovis New Mexico

ClearedHot

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mischief05

I heard a "rumor" that a big reason for the push for a AC-130H gunships @ Cannon was because of their ability to support the Border Patrol and the DEA. They have only very limited dry fire training ability in the area around Clovis, performance issues, and a serious lack of infrastructre @ Cannon so why the huge push?

One person I spoke to here @ Hurlburt pondered that there may be a commitment to support our southern border.

Good IR, descent TV...incredible accuracy with minimal collateral damage...

They can turn the border area into a wasteland of rotting corpses...a meat grinder for illegals and drug smugglers...

I heard a "rumor" that a big reason for the push for a AC-130H gunships @ Cannon was because of their ability to support the Border Patrol and the DEA.

False. There's a little thing called Posse Comitatus that prevents that without an act of Congress.

They have only very limited dry fire training ability in the area around Clovis, performance issues, and a serious lack of infrastructre @ Cannon...

True.

I heard a "rumor" that a big reason for the push for a AC-130H gunships @ Cannon was because of their ability to support the Border Patrol and the DEA. They have only very limited dry fire training ability in the area around Clovis, performance issues, and a serious lack of infrastructre @ Cannon so why the huge push?

One person I spoke to here @ Hurlburt pondered that there may be a commitment to support our southern border.

Good IR, descent TV...incredible accuracy with minimal collateral damage...

They can turn the border area into a wasteland of rotting corpses...a meat grinder for illegals and drug smugglers...

Very suspecious first post...

Not it you get 'em on the Mexican side of the border. :M16:

Dang, beat me to it...great minds think alike! :rock:

And CH, you're not insinuating that mischief05 might be a troll, are you? :thumbsup:

Cheers! M2

I heard a "rumor" that a big reason for the push for a AC-130H gunships @ Cannon was because of their ability to support the Border Patrol and the DEA.

False. There's a little thing called Posse Comitatus that prevents that without an act of Congress.

That depends on how you define "support the border guard and DEA". Posse Comitatus is not a prohibition against all things that support law enforcement.

Military support does not violate the PCA

Not only is Clovis a complete shithole, it also provides very little in the way of training and pragmatism for AC-130H's. I'm not going into any specifics but I challenge anyone to give me a good reason, besides politics, AC-130H's are going to Cannon. And don't say "mirror AFSOC wing" because we won't be able to support worldwide committments for part of the year due to density altitude.

Also, what's the difference between Clovis Gunships and Minot, Del Rio, Altus, et al? All the other bases have an OUT, a way for guys to PCS to another base. There are no plans for a U/H crossflow and therefore, dudes are stuck in Cannon their whole Gunship career.

So HercDude, Techsan and all the others who think we are "whiners" and "spoiled", those are your reasons for the uproar. Take all the time you need to take your self-righteous feet out of your mouths.

maybe it will scare some of the people from crossing... do you think they know that law...

what would your first response be if you were about to cross the border which you knew the american gov't didn't want you to do..... then over the hill rumbles a c-130 with a huge freakin gun out the side....

personally, I might save that trip across the border for another day

So HercDude, Techsan and all the others who think we are "whiners" and "spoiled", those are your reasons for the uproar. Take all the time you need to take your self-righteous feet out of your mouths.

Seriously dude, you need to take your pills...and my feet aren't that self-righteous.

I'll buy you & anyone else a beer next time I'm in Clovis. I think there's still a bar there.

Guest Zanahorias

Interesting Clovis discussion. I think I understand the AFSOC folks who are upset about this move because of the limited ability to move around. And compared to Lower Alabama there is definitely going to be a huge difference living in Clovis. My first impression was to not have much pity for all the whining going on here, but then I always had a lot more different PCS opportunities in the fighter/attack world. When I PCSed to England AFB in 1982 there were a lot of folks who didn't have much good to say about Alexandria, La. But you know, the ranges were close(conventional & tactical); the locals supported the military (very few red circles on our LATN maps); and it was a good assignment. However; I knew I'd only be there for at most 3 years, good or bad. One thing about Clovis and other small communites with military bases is the support of the local community. These locals ralize the importance of the base to the local economy. I'm surprised about the Clovis Mayor's comments.

Finally, my Cannon experience is old. My Dad flew Huns there in the 1960s and we lived there twice. There's great bird hunting around there for pheasant, scaled quail and dove, by the way. Sure, I was through there on various XCs and TDYs in the Hawg but only for short stays. I will say that some of my folks best friends are locals that they met while stationed at Cannon way back when.

As always, it's what you make of it!

Finally, my Cannon experience is old. My Dad flew Huns there in the 1960s and we lived there twice. There's great bird hunting around there for pheasant, scaled quail and dove, by the way. Sure, I was through there on various XCs and TDYs in the Hawg but only for short stays. I will say that some of my folks best friends are locals that they met while stationed at Cannon way back when.

As always, it's what you make of it!

What about deer, elk, antelope, and turkey hunting? Freshwater fishing? Lakes or rivers for water skiing? Snow skiing?