Finance Problems

Guest buddy

PERSCO problems...

in process into Kuwait with PERSCO..."sir can i see if you have your dog tags?"

"uh why?"

"just checking" (airman first class then takes a selfie behind the desk w/ her MSGT i shit you not)

They have us fill out 69 lines of useless in-processing shit...we get to new base in country for deployment.

4 weeks at new base PERSCO..."uh who are all of you guys?"

"uh wat?"

"yeah who are you and why are you here? why haven't you in-processed with us?"

Wasnt fcking Kuwait suppose to do that? and if they weren't why the fuck did we waste two hours going thru their line?

UFB. finance related b/c OBVIOUSLY our combat tax incentives haven't started. will be a mess AGAIN to battle finance for our $$$ when it comes DTS time.

f me

• Confused 1

Last deployment, we in-processed with PERSCO.  Similar situation, there was some issue with paperwork, didn't affect combat pay.  We were flying missions through the day before we left.  PERSCO SrA tries to tell our leadership, a major, that we can't leave country unless we inprocess*, after we fu&king out-process.  Of course we didn't do it, we literally walked past her as we stepped to the planes.

• Sad 1

That SrA is just trying to do his/her job...blame the leadership who won't/can't streamline this process.  This should be as simple as scanning orders and your ID card when you show up on-base.  Any further details can be provided by your unit during their daily personnel report.  Your orders have enough info that they can determine your gaining unit, your accountability/vRED info.  It's a travesty, and I bet some of those young Airmen would love to figure out how to improve the system (maybe I'm optimistic).  However, the SNCOs/officers who came of age in the MPF/Finance dumpster fires are so entrenched in the system that they quash any innovation.

Edited by Weezer
Wording
  • Upvote 4

• 3 months later...

ive been trying to log into mypay for over a week. I need to work some math on my taxes and cant. i look forward to never needing this again. I've been on the fence about a Guard retirement right at 20. Stuff like this makes my choice clear.

Reserve/Active Military Members
Your Leave and Earnings Statements are not currently available via myPay. We will post via Facebook, the DFAS website , and the myPay homepage when they are available. Thank you for your patience.

We are Sorry!

Due to DFAS system maintenance or high volume, your Account Statement 
is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please try us again later or select Main to view other options.

Edited by torqued

I’ve been getting that too. I thought it was just because I haven’t had a pay period in a while, but that didn’t seem right. Glad it wasn’t just me. It must be tough to maintain a website that hasn’t been refreshed once in the 13 years I’ve been in. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, FUSEPLUG said:

It must be tough to maintain a website that hasn’t been refreshed once in the 13 years I’ve been in. 

Not true.  It was updated.

We went from "if you like your password, you can keep your password" to "Password will expire every 30 days"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead.   Finance guy, are you still on here?  Maybe others have figured out a work around?  This is WAY down the list on bitches/gripes/complaints, but something I'm currently dealing with.

FG or anyone know why we "must" have to have a car on our orders to be reimbursed for rental car gas?  Shouldn't anyone on the TDY be able to be reimbursed w/o wasting man hours on amending orders?  Since we lost the ability to blanket "variations authorized" our orders, this has become an ass pain.  Inevitably we end up with a 4-ship in a car that needs gas (thanks LTs) and noone has a car on their orders.  Sure pay cash and turn over the receipt, but half the time noone has cash anymore.  Seems like we're unnecessarily handcuffing/creating more work for ourselves.

Hell even planning who gets a rental car is a pain.  Has to be a AGR or someone on AT orders only (no split AT/ST, no technician status, no half time AGRs, and no part-timers)?  Why can't it just be a single fucking account labeled XXXFW rental car?  I'm sure there is a valid reason somewhere, but it makes planning much more of a PITA when we have swapouts, people showing up at different times/locations (flyers vs airline, advon, etc...), and guys going in AGR/Technician/ST/AT/Part time status.     

In the grand scheme of things nothing major, but seems like this would be an easy way to make TDYs a little less painful.  Might not even be an issue for AD types.  

• Like 1

I've had this problem before (multiple times).  Devils advocate:  Why did you claim a taxi when the crew had a rental car on orders?  Problem still needs solved though in the end.  

• 1 month later...

Question: 10 days again I arrived TDY and went to lodging. They had lodging available but I decided to stay off base instead for 60 per night. 

Today I decided I wanted to move back on base. They gave me a non A for the rest of my time TDY. 

What am I entitled to?

”on base” rate for meals for the last 10 days? And then full rate for meals starting now since I have a signed non A??

Question: 10 days again I arrived TDY and went to lodging. They had lodging available but I decided to stay off base instead for 60 per night. 
Today I decided I wanted to move back on base. They gave me a non A for the rest of my time TDY. 
 What am I entitled to?
”on base” rate for meals for the last 10 days? And then full rate for meals starting now since I have a signed non A??

That sounds correct.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have a lodging question too. I’m currently TDY enroute to my PCS location and receiving BAH for my family while I’m here. My family decided to accompany me and I checked on base to see if they had lodging that could accommodate all of us and they said no. The gave me a non a letter but it does say accompanied by family on it. Will that cause a flag to finance and stop my BAH payment? Or am I good to go to turn in the letter to get my full reimbursement every month for our Crashpad?

Edited by Fly4five

I have a lodging question too. I’m currently TDY enroute to my PCS location and receiving BAH for my family while I’m here. My family decided to accompany me and I checked on base to see if they had lodging that could accommodate all of us and they said no. The gave me a non a letter but it does say accompanied by family on it. Will that cause a flag to finance and stop my BAH payment? Or am I good to go to turn in the letter to get my full reimbursement every month for our Crashpad?

Is your family authorized TDY? Probably not. I’d go back and get a standard non-a for you only and act like they aren’t there (TDY entitlement wise). You’ll probably save yourself trouble in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

1 minute ago, di1630 said:

Is your family authorized TDY? Probably not. I’d go back and get a standard non-a for you only and act like they aren’t there (TDY entitlement wise). You’ll probably save yourself trouble in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

They are on my PCS orders but the block talking about TDY doesn’t say one way or another. It just states student must use government lodging if available. The problem is if they weren’t with me they would be able to accommodate me and I wouldn’t get the non A letter. It sounds like it’s better to just turn in my receipts at the end of the month without the non a letter and just suck up the extra charges.

When I took my family during my time at the FTU, I didn’t get a non-a. I just used the $60/day to pay for our housing. I did run into an overzealous civilian at Nellis finance that tried to refuse to pay me lodging and per diem because my family was with me (I guess she saw this on the PCS travel voucher). She tried to say I was “staying with family” as justification for non-payment. It took me 7 months to get paid correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Fly4five said:

They are on my PCS orders but the block talking about TDY doesn’t say one way or another. It just states student must use government lodging if available. The problem is if they weren’t with me they would be able to accommodate me and I wouldn’t get the non A letter. It sounds like it’s better to just turn in my receipts at the end of the month without the non a letter and just suck up the extra charges.

Don't suck up extra charges, do what di said.  If someone asks at the front desk, just tell them your family isn't with you anymore...unless you think that will result in them saying they have room for you alone?  Them being there should have zero bearing on you getting full lodging rate and BAH...it's not illegal for them to visit you.

13 minutes ago, brabus said:

Don't suck up extra charges, do what di said.  If someone asks at the front desk, just tell them your family isn't with you anymore...unless you think that will result in them saying they have room for you alone?  Them being there should have zero bearing on you getting full lodging rate and BAH...it's not illegal for them to visit you.

Yea I talked with some guys and am going to go ahead with it. I’m PCS enroute and they are on my orders so I’m with you. I got the letter and will be using it since they are listed on there. I don’t have separate orders for my TDY and PCS. 

Currently TDY back to Clovis Air Patch to give A3V checkrides. When filling out my DTS I immediately booked a flight out of Fort Walton. I was surprised to see my authorization rejected because I didn’t comply with a policy that requires me to cost compare airfare out of Fort Walton and Pensacola. If the cost was 200 or greater I was directed to use the lower cost option.

So I saved the Air Force 200 dollars and incurred an additional 3 hours of travel. 15 minutes to VPS or 90 minutes to PNS. By all accounts I believe this to be legal. Anybody have anything that could prove me wrong?

6 minutes ago, Skitzo said:

Currently TDY back to Clovis Air Patch to give A3V checkrides. When filling out my DTS I immediately booked a flight out of Fort Walton. I was surprised to see my authorization rejected because I didn’t comply with a policy that requires me to cost compare airfare out of Fort Walton and Pensacola. If the cost was 200 or greater I was directed to use the lower cost option.

So I saved the Air Force 200 dollars and incurred an additional 3 hours of travel. 15 minutes to VPS or 90 minutes to PNS. By all accounts I believe this to be legal. Anybody have anything that could prove me wrong?

I’ve not heard of something like that, especially if you’re based in the VPS area. If so, the GSA city pair fare from your base to destination is the standard if one exists. But I’m no finance guy. 

I did exactly what Hoss said.  Same exact situation (VPS vs. PNS).  I don't remember the exact disparity in prices the RA was looking for, but bottom line took a car service there and back...cost the government $150 more in the end.  The wasted time was worth it to see his reaction when he realized I had fucked the system, but there was nothing he could do as it was a legally reimbursable expense.  I don't think such shenanigans happened again, at least that I'm aware of.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2