Finance Problems

Guest buddy

I get the AMC part but I am still curious to know WTF is a chief pilot?

Is that like what people in the military would refer to as a Flt/CC or DO or something?

Are ACs, Co-pilots, Navs and Sweaties called Captains, First Officers, Second Officers and Flight Attendants (as in one who is present during flight)?

how it works in our squadron is pilots --> Flt/CC ---> Chief Pilot.

O-4 type that supervises the other pilots

Chief pilot is supposed to be in charge of the health and welfare of the pilots including things like the GTC delinquencies and punishment. They're also supposed to be looking out for that all important officer career progression bit making sure you've volunteered for enough Christmas parties and CFC organizer positions. Likewise for the chief FE and chief LM. So, yes, kind of like a chief Flt/CC. Ours, in my time in the sq, have been recently arrived Phoenix Reach guys who are in a holding pattern waiting for an OG or Wg job to open up and the passed over guys who had nowhere else to go like Azimuth said.

Use your words tunes.

First time I heard the title "chief pilot" was at an AETC base where all the leadership, up to and including the wing commander, were former fighter pilots and they forced the squadrons to create the position. The title is now normally added to one of the ADO's. (ie; ADO/Chief Pilot).

Just re-read the whole thread and I wanted to post a few thoughts (through a MDG enlisted lens).

I understand a lot of this is very old conversation, but I felt the need to get some of my own grievances out. Alos, it still plagues so much of the MSG (and MDG) and maybe we can stir up a little more discussion.

Maybe finance gets a bad name because they don't show any consideration to people.

They don't offer any type of help, and they treat people like crap. I'm not asking for them to know everything, but what I want is some compassion when it comes to getting help. Even if it's a "I'm sorry, you need to go to XXX.." just treat me like I'm a human, and not the crap that is on your shoe, that is bothering you.

Medical has training every year on "customer service." Does the equivalent exist in MSG? If so, does anybody listen or is it snooze time on that training day?

This is not directed at you Finance Guy (as you seem to have your shit in a sock), but as a generality, why the hell is it acceptable for all these support fields (finance, MPF, services, etc) to not know what the hell they're doing and fuck it away on a daily basis?
Like many, MANY other posters said, this quality of support is unacceptable, and I agree that I hate the level of support some of my co-workers have received. I think it's improved in the last 3 years though. I'm not saying Medical is immune from this, but at least you (should) know a "Patient Advocate" exists in the Medical Group, rather than hitting a wall with A1C Thri Levl at the check-in desk for multiple days. I don't think anything exists like this in MSG, other than going through my 1st Sgt/Superintendent.

A) we get labeled as "that spouse" who went into XX-Building demanding help.. --Trust me boys, this happens, in fact, I know a chick who will tell spouses NOT to go finane (for example) because "well, you just don't want to be that spouse who goes around doing your husband's business..." Now, I'm OK with being "that spouse" espeically when the hubster is away, and I know that he can't do anything from where he's at.

B) think about it: Imagine this: Husband is deployed/TDY his pay gets jacked up. As in only $352.56 is deposited in the acocunt. You, like every other American out there, have bills that you need to pay. The hubster can't talk on the phone.. so what do you do? Go down to Finance, you try to keep your cool, but when you're being dicked around so much, you start to lose your cool. Now, what? especially if this is the first time that this has happened, you aren't going to know "hey, just ask to speak to the First". I sure as hell didn't.

This is going to sound very callous: it's not your pay; it's your husbands. You can't always act for him, and I imagine there's some personnel/finance reg that some smart-ass who knows his reg.s for all the wrong reason will turn around and say I can only help the servicemember. My recommendation is a power-of-attorney.

Maybe just my approach from being medical and I'm used to telling spouses no, including mil-to-mil spouses that I know who just wanna get something basic done. Medical is a little different because we have the privacy act and HIPAA tattooed on our brain and I regualrly say "no" to a lot people every day who just don't have a right to know certain information.

Bottom line: Nobody is better than the other, we're all in the same AF and we're all after the same mission to fly jets and kill bad guys. Treat the support troops like you'd want to be treated and you can't go wrong.
Half-truth. I agree with HossHarris and Danny Noonin.

Sadly, I get accolades for getting a job done in an expeditious manner for certain high-priority cases because I know how to prioritize and I give a damn about Ops guys who have a deadline. Much of the junior enlisted in the MDG think "Everybody is treated equally and everyone has a right to blah, blah, blah." Yeah, not so much. Maintenance SSgt Snuffy who's deploying tomorrow is a higher priority and deserves extra hours of attention while Capt Flyguy who is ignoring his overdue HIV test can be dealt with later.

Most MDG (and I'm guessing MSG) enlisted don't really learn that until a few years TIS.

All they had was a form that was last updated in 1991 that they didn't know how to fill out.
Fuck, this is everywhere. Are forms really that hard to replace? I'm tired of using a form that is (no joke) older than I am.

I went back to my O-6 and told them that and he called the other O-6, exchanged the "how you doin's" and asked what the big problem was. He cuffed the phone, looked at me and asked, "This is in a reg, right?" I nodded. He resumed his conversation, which lasted all of 2 minutes.
God bless Commanders who know which junior enlisted/CGO's to trust. That's one of the best ways to get shit done when it starts to get absurd.

I really don't get it.....we do our jobs correctly because that is what is EXPECTED of us and what we expect of ourselves. If they do their job correctly, they get a medal.
This has almost definitely been discussed before, but it's still worth mention: http://www.airforcet...e-stars-041612/

It got so crazy, this had to be published: http://www.af.mil/ne...sp?id=123299369

MSG = Mission Suppression Group

FSS = Force Suppression Squadron

Yes, feel free to use it and claim it as your own.

Glad Finance doesn't fall under either one.

Glad Finance doesn't fall under either one.
Is CPTS directly under the Wing? Why don't they use the MSG chain?

I'm guessing it's because funding is owned by the Wing?

Also, in true Finance style, you said what was wrong, but didn't give the correct information up-front.

Is CPTS directly under the Wing? Why don't they use the MSG chain?

I'm guessing it's because funding is owned by the Wing?.

CPTS is a Wing Staff agency and why they don't fall under MSG. The Comptroller work directly for the Wing CC since the Wing CC has the purse.

Also, in true Finance style, you said what was wrong, but didn't give the correct information up-front.

??? I'm not really sure what you are referring to. Which post# did I say what was wrong?

Hey, don't make him leave. He is not a pliot and doesn't deserve to be talked to like one. We don't shit on him around here. Ever.

We lost all the flt docs because a couple people were assholes to them and they figured out it wasn't worth their time. Same thing you will do if people shit on the med related advice you give.

FG is the most valuable resource on this board and has helped just about everyone with accurate and timely advice.

You can't apologize to him quickly enough, but you can try.

It seems my comment was in bad taste and ruffled a few feathers.

I apologize for jumping on the offense and writing what is obviously undeserved.

Rainman A-10/scudrunner12: You certainly have the right of it.

Tangential conversation ahead--

Rainman A-10: You and I both know the history with goducks, and you say docS. I'm curious to know mow many people in support positions (medical, finance, MPF, etc.) this board scared off.

It seems my comment was in bad taste and ruffled a few feathers.

I apologize for jumping on the offense and writing what is obviously undeserved.

Rainman A-10/scudrunner12: You certainly have the right of it.

Tangential conversation ahead--

Rainman A-10: You and I both know the history with goducks, and you say docS. I'm curious to know mow many people in support positions (medical, finance, MPF, etc.) this board scared off.

I'd still like to know what you meant by it. You didn't answer my question.

I think he was saying you said that CPTS doesn't fall under MSG or FSS, but then you didn't offer who they do fall under (until the later post). At least that's how I took it.

I think he was saying you said that CPTS doesn't fall under MSG or FSS, but then you didn't offer who they do fall under (until the later post). At least that's how I took it.

Ahh, I can see where that may leave someone hanging in case they needed to know. Guess I just thought most people knew where CPTS fit in. I was just commenting on RAMurai's funny post--wasn't trying to point out anything was wrong--just glad that finance wasn't under one of those groups--did not realize I was supposed to say where they are. Not sure how that relates to "true finance style"....Hey maybe I could make a song with that to the tune of Gangnum Style.

• Upvote 2