C-17 Pilot on American Idol Tonight

Gravedigger

Not sure how many of you watch American Idol, but tonight might be a good time to tune in. A Captain by the name of Lyndsey Goodman will be on tonight. She grew up right down the road from me, went to the USAFA, and now flies the C-17. You can hear some of her music and read more about her at her myspace page.

myspace pics are usually misleading.... but i'd def put her in the hot category.

Very pretty young woman with a great voice. I'll take off my pilot hat and put on my jazz critic hat, with the disclaimer that I can't carry a tune. Very good singing. Her vibratto is a bit stange though, she's starting it early in some phrases and using it on some shorter notes than sounds correct. You can hear it on "I Remember You" and "Summerwind". Her rendition of "Cry Me a River is very nice.

I hope her career and reputation both survive her involvement with such a stupid television show.

The genre' she's attempting to break into is probably the hardest nut a singer could attempt to crack. With Ella Fitzgerald and Sara Vaughn, not to mention current artists like Diane Reeves, what's she going to bring to Jazz that hasn't been covered? (Very well, I might add.) Her voice has an excellent quality to it, but she lacks an instrument, which like Diana Krall or Eliane Elias, might make her more marketable. I could easily see her in the mold of Thierney Sutton or Karyin Allison. She's better looking and younger than both of those women also.

A couple of years of performing and her voice could be world-class.

This brings up an interesting question, how many aviators on this board are dyed-in-the-wool jazz afficianados?

Since I've completely achieved one dream, I can fully focus on singing professionally, writing, and recording.

Last time I checked, "completely achieving one dream" and moving on to another doesn't end well for Air Force chicks.

255qogn.jpg

HD

Max nix, she didn't. :bohica:

Whoops, I hope I didn't spoil it for anyone! :thumbsup:

Cheers! M2

p.s. Just to answer your question, considering all the publicity the AF got out of her just trying out, I am sure she would have gotten every opportunity to go as far as she could.

p.s.s. Honestly, I didn't think she was that bad. Sure, she was a little nervous, and you could tell she hasn't had any professional training; but she seemed to have more talent than a lot of the people they've put through. Just my two cents...

I just watched her audition. Too bad, nice girl. She was nervous, but like M2 says, they've taken much worse than that. Now she can concentrate on putting food on the table with stick and rudder.

Besides, she couldn't have had a chance. I mean with all that top-flight talent in Tops in Blue.... :rock:

Guest AndThenSome

"2"

I was surprised she didn't make it. She sounded waaaay better than a lot of people they've put through over the years and she didn't look too bad, either.

Just playing the conspiracy theorist, would it be possible (or legal) for the producers of Idol to confer with the AF and have the AF say they aren't going to release her for the weeks it could possibly take to complete the show (let alone the commitment if she won) considering her 10 yr commitment as a pilot? Might cause them to just save the hassel and say no.

I'm just pissed that little homo Ryan Secrest said "well the Air Force couldn't cut it, now let's bring in the big guns." I know it was the writers, but still, what the gay?

Oh well, I don't know what I was expecting with that show, I thought she did well. At least she still has the best job in the world!

You faggots watch Americal Idol.

Whatever bro...my wife likes the show and we usually have a good time laughing at all these people who should never get near a microphone.

Plus it was in Charleston - how cool was that to see my town on national TV.

The singer in question is a reservist...probably explains why she has the time to try out for idol.

And I don't believe she was an AFA grad - just attended for a year or two.

And the previous post nailed why she got tossed...decent singer but pretty slim shod vibratro.

I did kind of lose a little respect for myself as a C-17 pilot though hearing her description of our mission.

The singer in question is a reservist...probably explains why she has the time to try out for idol.

Are reservists eligible for TIB?? One door closes...another opens

Whatever bro...my wife likes the show and we usually have a good time laughing at all these people who should never get near a microphone.

Plus it was in Charleston - how cool was that to see my town on national TV.

Thats what they all say. I wonder how you say "faggot" in French?