Airman "Thug" talks sh!t to a 3-star at Osan, gets owned.

Ram

Guest MizzNav
While he isn't being singled out for race, he might bring an EEO complaint for enforcing off-duty dress standards like this: http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/10-30-2005-80232.asp. Several bars/clubs I know of have had similar problems - they banned hats, baggy pants, etc. and they were eventually forced to reverse based on outcries of racism.

I used to be a bouncer in a bar, and we had those dress codes. It was funny because lots of white guys would cry racism when we kicked thier shit asses out too. I not AD yet, but can't you enforce standards on base??

Another thing that bars will do to screen out people thats a little more racist is only accept driver's licences. Keeps the just out of prison guys and immigrants out. You'd be suprised what people tyr to use for ID.

I am so glad that guy got nailed, i hope things like that happen more often.

Funny how everyone here hates the "shoes" for enforcing standards in the AOR (see Dumbness at the Deid thread) but are more than happy to jump on someone showing their underwear in civies- nice double standard.

Don't get me wrong- his total lack of respect is reprehensible and his punishment is justified. My complaint is everyone one here griping about the "thugs" and their style of clothing meanwhile b*tching because someone told you you weren't allowed to wear white socks in uniform (even though it's in the regs!).

Edited by Vertigo

Funny how everyone here hates the "shoes" for enforcing standards in the AOR (see Dumbness at the Deid thread) but are more than happy to jump on someone showing their underwear in civies- nice double standard.

Don't get me wrong- his total lack of respect is reprehensible and his punishment is justified. My complaint is everyone one here griping about the "thugs" and their style of clothing meanwhile b*tching because someone told you you weren't allowed to wear white socks in uniform (even though it's in the regs!).

I'm going to have to disagree with you bob.

The desert just displays the opposite side of the spectrum. Common sense should govern the regs. Thug retards who curse at old people are on one end, dickweeds that think sock regs help win a war are on the other end. They're both equally stupid. They're both people that don't have basic reasoning skills or any understanding of common courtesy.

I'm glad to hear that this thug got slammed in front of his peers and chain of command for that bomber sited. I think making everyone continue to wear diapers would be incorrect though...but that's what will probably happen...because that the same logic that leads desert first sergeants to jack up aircrew for not wearing reflective belts indoors.

Did you just compare this punk who cursed out a three-star to people who don't tuck in their PT gear?

UFB.

No I said it's quite the double standard that the people on here complain about the hip-hop apparel but get pissed off when they get called out for violating AFI 36-2903.

There was no comparison between the two.

I'm not sure why we have to be PC when dealing with this internal stuff. The guy isn't being called out on race or gender or religion. He's being disciplined because he is out of reg. single his ass out in front of everyone. Make him do a uniform briefing. EEO as I understand it is to make sure nothing illegal is going on as far as discrimination based on race, religion, color, gender, etc. Since when is being a rule breaker protected by EEO?

You are absolutely right. Rule breaking is not protected by EEO but it's all about perception and spineless CC's these days. It is easier for a CC to make a blanket policy and avoid the fight. This punk would start talking to his bud's and the sh!thouse lawyers would have him convinced that this person was just calling him out because he was a racist. He would go to EEO, and they would back his ass up, big hearing ensues and nothing happens but it was still an @ss pain for all involved. Simple solution...everyone wears diapers, no fight, no ass pain.

Edited by HerkFE

No I said it's quite the double standard that the people on here complain about the hip-hop apparel but get pissed off when they get called out for violating AFI 36-2903.

There was no comparison between the two.

Please choke yourself.

You are comparing pulling your socks up to meet he standard of some Nazi who has never been outside the wire or in any real danger to some thug with his arse hanging out.

I believe as your name implies, you have tumbled your gyros and lost all SA.

• 3 weeks later...
Tangentially related to the original post.

Maybe I'm out of touch with the streets, but I had no idea this was so prevalent.

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1127683925

In Tech School, they let us take pictures while doing some of the training, hanging out in the classroom, etc. Right before you graduate, you give whatever pictures you've taken to your instructor, who then puts a little graduation slide show together.

In the class a week ahead of me, there were some pictures of people, not in gangs, flashing gang signs. The section supervisor went absolute ape shit. My whole AFSC section of the training squadron was pulled aside at the end of the day and was subsequently reamed about how horrible flashing gang signs in pictures are "Because what if the media got a hold of them?" He even cited that same video you posted. They take it really seriously.

Guest MizzNav

That video made it sound like military gangs are going intot he general population at the end, but at the beginning htey were showing gang signs of american street gangs? I can see how it would be a problem though. The mom idn't seem to comprehend her son died not because a gang killed him, but because he was trying to join the gang.

The military has a lot more tools to deal with that kind of stuff and root it out than civillians do, so they should e a heck of a lot harder on the suspected gang members in the military, and "thugs" as a whole.

If you don't want to be treated like a thug, don't act like one, plain and simple, no racism there.

My whole AFSC section of the training squadron was pulled aside at the end of the day and was subsequently reamed about how horrible flashing gang signs in pictures are "Because what if the media got a hold of them?" He even cited that same video you posted. They take it really seriously.

So, he isn't worried about it completely undermining the purpose of the military as a single, unified fighting force? He didn't simply state that there is no place in the military for gang culture? If he really did say 'because we don't want bad press', then it sounds like he's part of the problem.