Airman "Thug" talks sh!t to a 3-star at Osan, gets owned.

Ram

An old friend of mine is a Mx troop at Osan, and he emailed me this story last night:

SO, im convinced that the military has been infiltrated with teh worst of the worst ghetto scum to walk in society's shoes

I cant recall the last time i saw a hood rat walking around without his ass literally hanging out.

So Monday was a down day and Our 3 star commander was driving around base with the Wife when he had the pleasure of seeing this scumbags ass hanging out. Literally Joe Boxer shown to the world. Now keep in mind its been about 8 degree's here.

SO not in uniform the 3 star pulls over and Asks him to kindly pull his pants up, Besides his butt hanging out he looked like a douchebag

well 50 cent decided to get mouthy. To the point of saying " who the f#ck are you old man"

thats right folks. "Who the f#ck are you old man" Now anyone with any common sense knows an old man on base is either a A general b) retired higher up c) someone important

Well a quick introduction of himself a phone call to the Fighter wing Commander and the shit rolled down hill fast.

The cops were called. P-diddy arrested and brough to the SP drill pad where his entire squadron was recalled.

In a line stood 3 star general, Fighter wind Commander, Group commander, Squadron Commander, FLight Commander, 1 st Shirt, FLight chief and immediate supervisor.

Each took turns Chewing his ass out while the entire squadron recited the aAirmans creed over and over and over.

Now I personally saw the airmans creed being recited and figured someone got a Underage. Until we were briefed today about respect and How even out of uniform we arent free to talk shit.

needless to say this guys career is done.

The fighter wing commander told us He heard the guy screaming at the Gen over the phone about rights and wearing what he wants and no one can tell him what to do yadda yadda

I Cant even recall how many douchebags ive corrected from the ass hanging out to the face full of peicings they put in when they walk out the gate.

Greatest day here in Korea yet.

Art 15 anyone?

I laughed so hard then I read this. Anyone else heard this story?

Edited by Fury220

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Wing King briefing on this at bases around the theater. I've seen more than our fair share of thugs roaming around here in Japan.

The one thing that absolutely kills me is this perception that when you're in the military you have all these rights. I'm not sure what they're doing at Basic Training these days, but after basic I was happy to have the freedom to walk were I wanted to, not to mention speak when I wanted to. I definitely got the idea that the military had a master hold on my rights and that I had submitted most of my individualism to something bigger than myself.

It seems like today's average airman seems to think that there is a manditory level of respect that they MUST be treated with, otherwise they'll run GPS direct to MEO. That's one problem. But, what kills me is seeing an A1C or and Amn blatently disrepecting an officer or worse, an NCO without even the slightest hesitation and then receiving no reproach whatsoever. The weight of that falls squarely on the officers and NCOs who don't want to be "uncool" by enforcing good order and discipline.

Anyone else think we could use a little more "Military" in our military?

I definitely got the idea that the military had a master hold on my rights and that I had submitted most of my individualism to something bigger than myself.

I honestly think the years of the Army running their "An Army of One" ad campaign was one of the worst things ever. We are not a military of individuals, you are part of something bigger than yourself and I think that ad campaign to me epitomized the exact opposite of what we should be looking for in recruits.

This guy needed to be dealt with, but did it call for a public "flogging"? I realize I don't know the whole situation, but is this typical in the AF?

This guy needed to be dealt with, but did it call for a public "flogging"?

Yes.

I realize I don't know the whole situation, but is this typical in the AF?

No, but neither is being a disrespectful snot-nosed sh!tbag.

I say HARUMPH. It's a matter of SA, and this idiot obviously had none. I was TDY at Tyndall a couple years ago and dropped our guys off at the Burger King to run in and grab breakfast. I parked the car, engine running, at the curb outside since they'd only be in there for a couple minutes. While I was waiting, somebody in BDUs (couldn't see his rank) pulled up next to me and (somewhat matter of factly) said, "You need to move your car, you can't park there". He was in BDUs, so if I was a moron and assumed he was some first shirt reflector-belt nazi, I could have told him to pound sand.

Instead, I saluted smartly and moved my car. He drove away and, NSTFS, his license plate said "SFS CC".

Don't shoot your mouth off when you don't know who you're talking to. Justice served, IMHO.

Guest soflguy
This guy needed to be dealt with, but did it call for a public "flogging"?

Yes.

The public flogging is obviously deserved, but was it necessary to make everyone else gather and quote the Airman's Creed? How is that teaching them more than watching the guy get his ass chewed? Just seems kind of :rainbow: to have a bunch of dudes out there chanting like a bunch of morons while this dude is being yelled at.

The public flogging is obviously deserved, but was it necessary to make everyone else gather and quote the Airman's Creed? How is that teaching them more than watching the guy get his ass chewed? Just seems kind of :rainbow: to have a bunch of dudes out there chanting like a bunch of morons while this dude is being yelled at.

IMO This kind of falls along the lines of when you screw up everyone pays.. reminds of the lacrosse team back in high school.. we were let out early for a 3 day weekend from school but he told us we had practice that day our star players decided to leave school when it was let out. The day abckto school that practice.. he made the players sit on the bench while the rest of the group ran laps the whole time

Reminds me of what I see every year when hundreds of inner-city Atlanta JROTC cadets come to our detachment. Many of the girls wear huge hoop earrings, huge fake nails, and have pink hair. The guys usually walk around with their PTU pant leg pulled up and their pants around their knees. Obviously these kids aren't Airmen, but they should still be held to some sort of standard. Freaking JROTC...makes me want to vomit.

This is exactly why we have to wear PT crap in the AOR....because douchbags like this can't dress like an adult. CC's these days haven't got the balls to call someone out for being a retard because they know that they'll have EEO on their ass. The PC thing to do is to make blanket policies so as to not appear like they are picking on certain people. One person sh!ts their pants, everyone wears diapers.

Trust me, this approach has a better chance of success than one-on-one counseling; but it is less common in the USAF as it is in the USMC or the Army. Peer "pressure" can work wonders... :bash:

Cheers! M2

This is exactly why we have to wear PT crap in the AOR....because douchbags like this can't dress like an adult. CC's these days haven't got the balls to call someone out for being a retard because they know that they'll have EEO on their ass. The PC thing to do is to make blanket policies so as to not appear like they are picking on certain people. One person sh!ts their pants, everyone wears diapers.

I'm not sure why we have to be PC when dealing with this internal stuff. The guy isn't being called out on race or gender or religion. He's being disciplined because he is out of reg. single his ass out in front of everyone. Make him do a uniform briefing. EEO as I understand it is to make sure nothing illegal is going on as far as discrimination based on race, religion, color, gender, etc. Since when is being a rule breaker protected by EEO?

"My name's Gunnery Sergeant Highway and I've drunk more beer and banged more quiff and pissed more blood and stomped more ass that all of you numbnuts put together."

Just once, I would love to hear someone say something like that to a piece of shit in uniform and not immediately get MEO called in on them. What happened to the military we used to have?

FWIW, I totally agree that this guy got what he deserved, but why use a shotgun when a rifle will do the trick? I just feel bad for the rest of the people reciting the Airman's Creed. Toro and M2 are right, it definitely will fix the problem, and I bet it will be awhile before any of those Airmen mouth of to anyone. Thanks for answering so quickly.

FWIW, I was said three stars exec and he is not one to take backtalk lightly.

I've seen him mad (usually at me), and you don't want to be on the receive end when he is pissed.

I would bet $ Mr. Thug is out of the USAF by then end of the month.

Sounds over the top, but here's a perspective from somebody who spent a few years in the shoes of the lower ranking enlisted person:

Bring it on. Group punishment and humiliation suck while you're doing it, but reinforce that we are a military, there are standards, and God help everybody on the team when the standards aren't met. That so-called public humiliation was an exercise in leadership and accountability that nobody present will soon forget. It sends a strong message to all. The offender knows he screwed up, his peers see what following his example will get them. The NCO's mindset and backbones are reinforced, and the Commander has very clear and unambiguous marching orders for how to deal with this particular piece of excrement, AND exactly what sort of tone and culture his boss expects.

The only thing missing from the equation is a huge dose of physically exhausting PT and/or drill.

I'm not sure why we have to be PC when dealing with this internal stuff. The guy isn't being called out on race or gender or religion. He's being disciplined because he is out of reg. single his ass out in front of everyone. Make him do a uniform briefing. EEO as I understand it is to make sure nothing illegal is going on as far as discrimination based on race, religion, color, gender, etc. Since when is being a rule breaker protected by EEO?

While he isn't being singled out for race, he might bring an EEO complaint for enforcing off-duty dress standards like this: http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/10-30-2005-80232.asp. Several bars/clubs I know of have had similar problems - they banned hats, baggy pants, etc. and they were eventually forced to reverse based on outcries of racism.

Stateside, I wouldn't care much. Your average Airman is not as easily identified in the CONUS and could easily blend in with the crowd. This happened at Osan and that carries two problems. 1) Americans are easily identified overseas, especially in Asia and the Middle East. That brings on the second problem which is that we represent the United States at all times but especially when overseas. I don't want the countries that host our bases thinking we're all a bunch of thugs that don't know how to wear clothes that cover our a$$es. IMHO, regardless of race, people that have to hold their own pants up as they walk around look like fools that don't understand the purpose of a belt. I don't want to be grouped in with those morons.

It seems like today's average airman seems to think that there is a manditory level of respect that they MUST be treated with, otherwise they'll run GPS direct to MEO. That's one problem. But, what kills me is seeing an A1C or and Amn blatently disrepecting an officer or worse, an NCO without even the slightest hesitation and then receiving no reproach whatsoever. The weight of that falls squarely on the officers and NCOs who don't want to be "uncool" by enforcing good order and discipline.

I can tell you exactly where this crap starts. It begins in basic and works its way through tech school. I'm facing it every day. The Airmen these days are given enormous voices. It only takes one little complaint and the whole f#cking base is running around with their tails between their legs.

Each Airman completes a critique when they graduate basic and tech school. And let me tell you, they are complete bullshit. Example: Was your TI/MTL approachable? Did your TI/MTL yell at you and if so what for? Did your TI/MTL use profanity? Did you enjoy your stay in basic/tech school?

WTF!

Bomber