New Service Dress

backseatdriver

I think everyone is missing the best part of this...

Captain Jonathan Pellum, Heritage Coat program manager, 648th Aeronautical Systems Squadron

Heritage Coat Program Manager? I guess someone has to be in charge. I wonder if that got him promoted to O-3.

We've changed the service dress 3 times since I've been in the AF but we still have the same short-sleeve and long-sleeve blue shirts. Those need to be changed far more than the service coat. How about permanent press/wash-and-wear like the squids have? How about changing the color to something a little less lame? Dark blue or grey would look nice but a wash-and-wear option is a must.

PBAR

We've changed the service dress 3 times since I've been in the AF but we still have the same short-sleeve and long-sleeve blue shirts. Those need to be changed far more than the service coat. How about permanent press/wash-and-wear like the squids have? How about changing the color to something a little less lame? Dark blue or grey would look nice but a wash-and-wear option is a must.

PBAR

I couldn't agree more. Those shirts are no kidding straight out of the '70s. How about a little change like allowing a white t-shirt to show underneath it instead of having chest hair spilling out all over the place? It's sad that actors in the movies and TV who are wearing the AF uniform incorrectly by sporting an undershirt actually make it look BETTER than if they had been wearing it in regs.

The Air Force had a nice dark blue poly wool longsleeved shirt but it was phased out in the mid-80s...

678army.jpg

I actually had one when I was a SrA up at Mt Home...it looked great!

BTW, mine wasn't the one above, I found this one for sale on eBay!

Cheers! M2

The Air Force had a nice dark blue poly wool longsleeved shirt but it was phased out in the mid-80s...

678army.jpg

I actually had one when I was a SrA up at Mt Home...it looked great!

BTW, mine wasn't the one above, I found this one for sale on eBay!

Cheers! M2

I had one too and it was sharp! Bring it back...immediately.

I still think we need khakis and polos. I mean seriously, do you need to be in BDU's in Altus, Oklahoma sitting at a computer all day long? When's the last time you needed to hide in the bushes from your keyboard? I say we roll out like the folks at the fitness center busi cas style... =)

Guest DDerrick51
I still think we need khakis and polos. I mean seriously, do you need to be in BDU's in Altus, Oklahoma sitting at a computer all day long? When's the last time you needed to hide in the bushes from your keyboard? I say we roll out like the folks at the fitness center busi cas style... =)

We have been long asking for a return to the Khakis in the Army.

Unfortunately for the rest of you, that particular uniform is only authorized for us contractors... :rock:

Cheers! M2