New Service Dress

backseatdriver

All you LTs, you're fired. But not until after you buy a new service dress.

Now THAT is vintage PAB! Coincidentally, just finished a handle of Beam (edit: not in one sitting). Ah, that good old days.

Hopefully I will be retired before ANG guys are forced to buy that thing.

Edited by Bergman

I'm almost positive there isn't an official new service dress uniform.... probably just a GO "field testing" it aka he spilled coffee all over his real service dress and used a spare.

Edited by osulax05

I'm in Texas and even I think that belt buckle is too much!

Dear God, this smells so much of "he-whose-name-is-not-to-be-spoken"...the Air Force is whining about not having enough money to fix planes, get new ones, keep people, etc; but it can shell out the cash for yet another change to the service dress uniform. I only had to buy three during my commissioned career, and am glad I retired before this fourth set came along.

Looks like something out of Starship Troopers...

All I gotta say is sorry guys, looks like you'll be buying yet another new uniform!

Cheers! M2

All I gotta say is sorry guys, looks like you'll be buying yet another new uniform!

Not me! I am down to two bags, a pair of boots, a flight cap, and an old style field-soon to be a hunting-jacket!

On terminal leave starting 25 Jan, start work on 1 Feb, retired 1 March.

edited to ask: Is Brady's belt part of the new service dress or his GO's belt and buckle?

I would've liked to have been a GO, mainly to get the .45 they get (still in this PC age?)

Edited by brickhistory

I'm sure a service dress with a belt will look great on some of the fatasses who can barely squeeze into the uniform as it is.

Here's my nomination for a Space and Missiles specific service dress (plus Spwings, of course):

zapp.jpg

Edited by JeepGuyC17

Not to be too much of a shoe clerk but check out his salute. Aren't you supposed to touch the edge of your glasses if you are wearing them and not the middle of your forehead?

You mean it should look something like the Army General standing next to him...

You mean it should look something like the Army General standing next to him...

That was my first thought - Dude, you're being photographed. Look the part as best you can in the accountant's 2 piece, please. BTW, new LT Nav wanted to look sharp for a sq pic and bought a new flightcap, one that really stood out - not til we got outside did someone point out it was a GO's cap.

Guest DDerrick51

Yeah, real sorry guys. I thought our greens looked bad. I do recall when I was enlisted in the AF and "he-whose-name-is-not-to-be-spoken" changed our uniform three times in a year.

(Fixed that for ya...do you really want to buy everyone on the forum a round? -- Cheers! M2)

I'm in Texas and even I think that belt buckle is too much!

Dear God, this smells so much of "he-whose-name-is-not-to-be-spoken"

Cheers! M2

Speaking of.... Im here in West Virginia for an AFSOC FTU, and was listening to the radio and heard "West Virginia's coal industry is protecting america through energy.....blah blah blah...." Finished with "This is retired Air Force general (Name unspoken) saying thanks to the west virginia coal miners..."

Is he gonna run for senate or something?

I also saw a billboard encouraging people to brush at least twice daily. If Im lying, may lightning strike me dead.

Still here

Could it be that someone realized we're not a civilian stock broker firm and the corporate uniform is homogay. At least is looks like a military uniform again.

Yeah, at least we are getting closer to being a military service. Now, what to do with all those fatasses...

I dont think they look too bad, but why are we changing again?

Next change should be to return all uniforms to those worn by the Army Air Corps in WWII. End of story.

New boots are just as gay as aids.

"2"

So, where's the Ike jacket and crusher caps?

I'm fairly certain that's not official. The Vice here at Randolph said that there'd be field testing of different versions of the new service dress going on around base very soon (this was last week... or maybe 2 weeks ago)

Here's the story...

080122-F-0000P-001.jpg

Captain Jonathan Pellum, Heritage Coat program manager, 648th Aeronautical Systems Squadron, recites the oath of office in a ceremony officiated by Lt. Col. Gary Salmons here. The Captain used his promotion ceremony to showcase the proposed Air Force Heritage Service Dress Coat. (U.S. Air Force Photo courtesy of the 648th AESS)

Fit Tests for New Coat Begin: Some 150 airmen in the San Antonio area are participating in a fit test of the Air Force's new service coat, dubbed the Heritage Coat. The test will run from Jan. 28 to Feb. 1 at Brooks City-Base, Lackland Air Force Base, and Randolph Air Force Base. Later in February and in March, the fit test moves to the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo. and Maxwell AFB, Ala. Heritage Coat program manager, Capt. Jonathan Pellum, with the 648th Aeronautical Systems Squadron at Brooks, said the fit tests will provide initial data this spring that will show whether the service needs to make changes to the coat before beginning the wear test later this year. The Air Force designed the new coat based on input from airmen who said they favored a historical influence. (311th Human Systems Wing report by Rudy Purificato)

However, I can tell you from firsthand experience that USAFE is a far ways away from San Antonio!

And don't hold your breath waiting for Ike jackets, because if anything, they only make the fatasses look fatter!

Cheers! M2

Here's the story...

However, I can tell you from firsthand experience that USAFE is a far ways away from San Antonio!

And don't hold your breath waiting for Ike jackets, because if anything, they only make the fatasses look fatter!

Cheers! M2

Who cares if you look fat! What we're all really wanting to know is: Do they come with filet-o-fish hideaway pockets?