Dying for tickets

Vandal

So I am kinda bored and saw this on foxnews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,318932,00.html

Hannah Montana Concert Winner Lied in Essay Describing Father's Death in Iraq

Saturday , December 29, 2007

ADVERTISEMENT

GARLAND, Texas —

An essay that won a 6-year-old girl four tickets to a Hannah Montana concert began with the powerful line: "My daddy died this year in Iraq."

While gripping, it was not true — and now the girl may lose her tickets after her mom acknowledged to contest organizers it was all a lie.

The sponsor of the contest was Club Libby Lu, a Chicago-based store that sells clothes, accessories and games intended for young girls.

Additional reporting and video coverage at MyFoxDallas.com

The saga began Friday with company officials surprising the girl at a Club Libby Lu at a mall in suburban Garland, about 20 miles northeast of Dallas. The girl won a makeover that included a blonde Hannah Montana wig, as well as the grand prize: airfare for four to Albany, N.Y., and four tickets to the sold-out Hannah Montana concert on Jan. 9.

The mother had told company officials that the girl's father died April 17 in a roadside bombing in Iraq, company spokeswoman Robyn Caulfield said.

"We did the essay and that's what we did to win," Priscilla Ceballos, the mother, said in an interview with Dallas TV station KDFW. "We did whatever we could do to win."

She had identified the soldier as Sgt. Jonathon Menjivar, but the Department of Defense has no record of anyone with that name dying in Iraq. Caulfield said the mother has admitted to the deception.

"We regret that the original intent of the contest, which was to make a little girl's holiday extra special, has not been realized in the way we anticipated," said Mary Drolet, the CEO of Club Libby Lu.

Drolet said the company is reviewing the matter, and is considering taking away the girl's tickets.

Uhh what the fvck is the world coming to? Going to these lengths for tickets to see a Disney star sing? Oh my christ.

The mother had told company officials that the girl's father died April 17 in a roadside bombing in Iraq, company spokeswoman Robyn Caulfield said.

"We did the essay and that's what we did to win," Priscilla Ceballos, the mother, said in an interview with Dallas TV station KDFW. "We did whatever we could do to win."

Seriously? This bitch decides that scamming tickets to a concert is more important than teaching her kids about integrity? And then she gives her kid part of the blame by saying "WE did whatever WE could do to win." She doesn't deserve to be a mother.

And the poor little 6 year old girl, who likely had nothing to do with the lie, now has to have the disappointment of losing the tickets, which she was probably pretty excited about, not to mention dealing with having a major douche as a mother.

It must be nice to come to the realization that you have sold out your daughter and your integrity for tickets to a disney concert.

HD

That's the problem -- she'll likely never have such a realization. "We did whatever we had to do to win." No apologies.

I agree with the previous post on Garland. Highland Park is probably worse. Dallas honestly thinks its shit doesn't stink.

Can you tell that I'm a Fort Worth native?

I the post subject, I think this is further evidence of the growing chasm between the "civilians" and the "military family". These people think that putting those Chinese-made yellow magnet things on their cars really mean something, kind of like those 'pee on the auto logo' things that were popular a few years back. They have no idea what it's like to even serve their country, much less deploy, much less be injured, much less die overseas. It certainly doesn't help that there's plenty of politicians that have no problem getting someone else's family member killed for their next election win or photo op.

Kind of reminds me of a movie I saw a few years ago:

RASCZAK

You. Tell me the moral difference, if any, between the citizen and the civilian ?

JOHNNY

The difference lies in the field of civic virtue. A citizen accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic, of which he is a member, defending it, if need be, with his life. The civilian does not.

RASCZAK

The exact words of the text. But do you understand it ? Do you believe it ?

JOHNNY

Uh, I don't know.

RASCZAK

Of course you don't. I doubt if any of you here would recognize 'civic virtue' if it bit you in the ass.

Lying in any way to score the tickets is low. Lying about the dad dying is reeeeeeal low. Lying about the dad dying in Iraq is just frigging scumbag. I can't believe someone would make up a lie like that and spit on those who ACTUALLY had loved ones killed in Iraq. Just for friggin concert tickets?

Huggy, When you do would you mind posting it up here?

What - can you not type "www.whitepages.com" yourself?

PRISCILLA CEBALLOS

1814 KINGSBRIDGE DR

GARLAND, TX 75044

(972) 496-3815

My letter's already in the mail.

Wonder how long until she changes that phone number?

What - can you not type "www.whitepages.com" yourself?

PRISCILLA CEBALLOS

1814 KINGSBRIDGE DR

GARLAND, TX 75044

(972) 496-3815

My letter's already in the mail.

Wonder how long until she changes that phone number?

WTF?

I got this...

Priscilla Ceballos

2345 Apollo Rd, Apt 1921

Garland, TX 75044-6322

(972) 496-3815

Same phone number, different address. As I expect this woman to be on par with Brittney Spears, moving apartments and/or trailers every couple of months is no surprise...

Oddly enough, the Colombian General Consulate in Chicago has the same name! I don't think it is the same person.

As such, I couldn't find any pictures; but I am sure she looks something like this...

trailer_trash.jpg

Cheers! M2

I was talking about the letter. I am certified in the use of the white pages.

Okay, then maybe you can figure out who has the right address between M2 and myself. By the way, I sent this to a buddy of mine who's currently in the AOR. His response:

"I say we take her dad to Iraq and let him spend 15 months driving the streets of Sadr City by himself... Then by next Christmas she will have a legitimate chance at winning with their strategy. The world is full of assholes."

Guest FlyingNetminder

A local news station showed a story on this last night. And no, this woman ain't a beauty. Her eyebrows look like permanent marker.

She was bitching about being depressed, blah, blah, blah and having to move out of her apartment. Maybe she left a forwarding address or something.

priscilla-ceballos_445x287.jpg