Should I report it? (Classic Thread!)

VNE

Thanks M2, I knew you would understand. As far as M2 goes, i have read several forums and threads on this site where M2 has contributed some very insightful info. I have already began to develop an enormous amount of respect for him as well as the other AF pilots on this site. I assume you guys/gals think that a couple of posts on a forum is an accurate judge of character, and that's your business. However, you don't know anything about me, other than I am an aspiring Air Force Pilot. Now, I don't know if this is all b/c of my unintentional hacks at M2 or if this is just "the new guy" hazing, but whatever it is...get over it. I not quiting my dreams b/c a couple of people don't like my name, my question, or for any other reason. I'm not saying that I deserve the same respect as others on this site, but there is something you should remember. Once upon a time, ALL of you were in my shoes. You all looked to fly in the AF, and you were all willing to go through Hell or high water to do it, and you made it, which is by no means an easy achievement. I have every intention to do the same. I know you all probably think of me as a 2-bit, little punk-ass who knows nothing about flying jets. You know something, your probably right. That's why I came to this site, to learn from others who have made it so I can arm myself with the info I need to fight the fierce competition of joining the most illustrious Air Force in the world! I know I may be rough around the edges, but I am actually surprisingly easy to get along with. I have talked to many military officers and pilots(friends, neighbors, etc.) who know me to have moral fiber and evident leadership potential and who think I can make it. P.S. I'll think about changing my name if I come up with anything better. Here's to blue skies and tailwinds.

1. No, you get over yourself. Your skin is thin. Stop being a quibbler. You want dudes on this website to just accept you barged in here with a homosexual name, asked a homosexual question, and then replied multiple times in homosexual fashion defending your right to do so? WTFO.

2. We do remember. We remember when we STFU and listened to older dudes. We never asked them to do anything. In the past, posts like this would have been deleted promptly without any warning. You should feel lucky. I remember when Toro would bust a can of whoopass on a person like you who posts on this website like he's a FWIC graduate. You are fortunate he is either too busy, or more entertained by our ridiculing you to delete the post and/or your username. You wouldn't know that because you didn't bother searching the website, like the sticky note instructions tell you on the main page.

3. Nobody gives a flying ###### about your moral fiber oatmeal, or whatever the hell you are talking about. Your demeanor on this website has proved to all who have read that you are a punkass SNAD. That's a Sensitive New Age Dude. You don't even have the privelege of being a SNAP.

4. Tailwinds are only good for cross country or when tring to separate.

Edited by Gumps

I'm picturing a movie montage with the dramatic voice guy that does all the trailers and that one Geico commericial...

"In a world, where the Baseops regulars are set to put him in his place. One man will shrug off his tire popping past and make a push for the top! Nothing will keep him down in his quest for moral fiber and a rise to the top! This Christmas, OTS dreams are on the wish list in FIGHTERACE!."

That's some good stuff!

I have already began to develop an enormous amount of respect for him as well as the other AF pilots on this site.

And yet you essentially disregarded his advice. Yes, that is a good deal of respect.

I assume you guys/gals think that a couple of posts on a forum is an accurate judge of character

Pretty much. Ever heard of that "First impression" saying? In case it's not overwhelmingly clear what your next course of action should be -- shut the f*** up, listen to what everybody has said, and become a fly a wall. While you're at it (in case nobody mentioned it yet), you might want to change your name.

but whatever it is...get over it. I not quiting my dreams b/c a couple of people don't like my name

Don't worry, keep up the attitude and your future IPs will end it for you.

Once upon a time, ALL of you were in my shoes.

Yes, and we learned a great lesson -- never pass up a good opporunity to shut the f*** up.

I know you all probably think of me as a 2-bit, little punk-ass who knows nothing about flying jets.

Shack.

That's why I came to this site, to learn from others who have made it so I can arm myself with the info I need to fight the fierce competition of joining the most illustrious Air Force in the world!

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, what a turd-polished sound bite. You sound like you'd make a perfect PA goob and/or shoe clerk.

I know I may be rough around the edges, but I am actually surprisingly easy to get along with.

Obviously, as has been shown by the responses to your post.

I have talked to many military officers and pilots(friends, neighbors, etc.) who know me to have moral fiber and evident leadership potential and who think I can make it.

Well, it would appear that none of them are members of this forum.

P.S. I'll think about changing my name if I come up with anything better.

Let me help you with that...

Sperm Burping Gutter Slut

Vaginal Blood Fart

Frozen Blood Soaked Tampon Popsicle

M2's b!tch f***er

A$$hole + Peg Number

Rainman ate me, shit me out, and he's still fat

"I started this lame thread and everybody hates me" McGee

Seriously - just shut your piehole and go away for a while.

• Upvote 1

Guest F16crewdwgg
And yet you essentially disregarded his advice. Yes, that is a good deal of respect.

Pretty much. Ever heard of that "First impression" saying? In case it's not overwhelmingly clear what your next course of action should be -- shut the f*** up, listen to what everybody has said, and become a fly a wall. While you're at it (in case nobody mentioned it yet), you might want to change your name.

Don't worry, keep up the attitude and your future IPs will end it for you.

Yes, and we learned a great lesson -- never pass up a good opporunity to shut the f*** up.

Shack.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, what a turd-polished sound bite. You sound like you'd make a perfect PA goob and/or shoe clerk.

Obviously, as has been shown by the responses to your post.

Well, it would appear that none of them are members of this forum.

Let me help you with that...

Sperm Burping Gutter Slut

Vaginal Blood Fart

Frozen Blood Soaked Tampon Popsicle

M2's b!tch f***er

A$$hole + Peg Number

Rainman ate me, shit me out, and he's still fat

"I started this lame thread and everybody hates me" McGee

Seriously - just shut your piehole and go away for a while.

Haha.. Toro's like the TI of the forum. He breaks you down.. Then he breaks you down.. Then.. well, he never builds you back up..

:thumbsup:

Well, I thought of a new name this morning, I like it better. Anyways, even through the many misunderstandings that have been evident on both sides, I'm glad I started this thread because it was definitely a learning experience. If I ruffled anyone's feathers here along the way, I apologize. I am beginning to understand how this works though. I was looking up some other threads from long ago that started with a dumb question, and either the asker never came back to the site, or ended up learning their lesson and is now today helping others like me w/ their questions. I have one question though, how do you show sarcasm in writing? Do you use brackets, or italicize or what. If I had known that from the beginning, this wouldn't have gone this far. Oh, one last thing. I would like to thank all of you for being so patient w/ me. Your courteous and kind remarks have all found a warm place in my heart. Especially you Toro, your eloquent descriptive skills have touched my soul. But in all seriousness now. After re-reading the things I posted, I saw how they could easily be misconstrue to mean something else. Then I thought about what I would have done in your position. I would have probably done the same thing. So I'm gonna watch what I say from now on, unless of course I elect to STFU.

Well, I thought of a new name this morning, I like it better. Anyways, even through the many misunderstandings that have been evident on both sides, I'm glad I started this thread because it was definitely a learning experience. If I ruffled anyone's feathers here along the way, I apologize. I am beginning to understand how this works though. I was looking up some other threads from long ago that started with a dumb question, and either the asker never came back to the site, or ended up learning their lesson and is now today helping others like me w/ their questions. I have one question though, how do you show sarcasm in writing? Do you use brackets, or italicize or what. If I had known that from the beginning, this wouldn't have gone this far. Oh, one last thing. I would like to thank all of you for being so patient w/ me. Your courteous and kind remarks have all found a warm place in my heart. Especially you Toro, your eloquent descriptive skills have touched my soul. But in all seriousness now. After re-reading the things I posted, I saw how they could easily be misconstrue to mean something else. Then I thought about what I would have done in your position. I would have probably done the same thing. So I'm gonna watch what I say from now on, unless of course I elect to STFU.

So glad I made it home for lunch today to get first crack at this.

Brackets or italicize? Sarcasm is shown by the witty use of words to make a point. When you get good enough, it points itself out. The problem with your comments about "remarks having a warm place in your heart" is that they don't really sound like sarcasm, but more just like weak sh*t or :rainbow:

Yes, theres much to be learned about how the baseops community works, and I by no means am remotely an expert after 60 some posts. I read on this site forever before I ever muttered a word. Until you get to that point, read up, soak it in, and as you said: elect to STFU. I still do that on here way more than I post.

Before I go... VNE?? V@gina Needs Escape?

Best of luck man, welcome to the forum.

VNE is a V-speed. It represents the "Never Exceed" speed of an aircraft.

...We'll continue to work on the writing and reading of sarcasm skills.

• Upvote 1

Guest fighterguy
The kid kept trying to get me to shoot by calling me names and what not. So i said i would take one shot if he shut the hell up. He agreed, so i shot.

Let's hope you never go down in Bad Guy Land and go in for interrogation.

Let's hope you never go down in Bad Guy Land and go in for interrogation.

Knowing my luck, I'll probably bump into one of them holding a gun, which will accidentally fire, will ricochet around the room, hitting each enemy soldier in the head, with the last ricochet knocking off the hand-cuffs.

Knowing my luck, I'll probably bump into one of them holding a gun, which will accidentally fire, will ricochet around the room, hitting each enemy soldier in the head, with the last ricochet knocking off the hand-cuffs.

Oh, you WILL be fun at SERE.

To everyone that has "harassed" this kid...

DUDES...hilarious.

You are all such cocks. It's awesome.

My entire office is filled with people just like you...a HUGE part of what makes my "job" just so much damn fun!

I busted up laughing multiple times reading though this thread....

Not as many times as I busted up laughing at "work" today, but not bad for an internet message board thread...

Sweet.

BENDY

Thanks M2, I knew you would understand. As far as M2 goes, i have read several forums and threads on this site where M2 has contributed some very insightful info. I have already began to develop an enormous amount of respect for him as well as the other AF pilots on this site. I assume you guys/gals think that a couple of posts on a forum is an accurate judge of character, and that's your business. However, you don't know anything about me, other than I am an aspiring Air Force Pilot. Now, I don't know if this is all b/c of my unintentional hacks at M2 or if this is just "the new guy" hazing, but whatever it is...get over it. I not quiting my dreams b/c a couple of people don't like my name, my question, or for any other reason. I'm not saying that I deserve the same respect as others on this site, but there is something you should remember. Once upon a time, ALL of you were in my shoes. You all looked to fly in the AF, and you were all willing to go through Hell or high water to do it, and you made it, which is by no means an easy achievement. I have every intention to do the same. I know you all probably think of me as a 2-bit, little punk-ass who knows nothing about flying jets. You know something, your probably right. That's why I came to this site, to learn from others who have made it so I can arm myself with the info I need to fight the fierce competition of joining the most illustrious Air Force in the world! I know I may be rough around the edges, but I am actually surprisingly easy to get along with. I have talked to many military officers and pilots(friends, neighbors, etc.) who know me to have moral fiber and evident leadership potential and who think I can make it. P.S. I'll think about changing my name if I come up with anything better. Here's to blue skies and tailwinds.

Wow. It's tough to figure out how you can actually post anything at all here anymore with M2's dick so far down your throat. Seriously, your question was stupid, and your response to the response to your stupid question: also stupid. Yet you continue to post stupid things over and over again, and contine to be ridiculed again and again. STFU. That's all you need to do. Just stop typing and start learning.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

VNE is a V-speed. It represents the "Never Exceed" speed of an aircraft.

...We'll continue to work on the writing and reading of sarcasm skills.

I've been around here for a long time(lurking/internets stalking/etc). I just don't post unless I actually have something legitimate to add to the thread. I'm breaking form here to say that little exchange has possibly made my week. That is all.

I've been around here for a long time(lurking/internets stalking/etc). I just don't post unless I actually have something legitimate to add to the thread. I'm breaking form here to say that little exchange has possibly made my week. That is all.

How in the hell did I ever miss this one? Not to mention the "...We'll continue to work on the writing and reading of sarcasm skills" rates as one of the best posts ever.

HD

• 5 months later...