Should I report it? (Classic Thread!)

VNE

A few months ago I was w/ some friends at some kids ranch. The kid that owned the ranch was a friend of one of my friends. We were trying to find something to do when the kid who lived there said we could shoot his .22 at some targets he had posted on some hay bales. I was impartial to shooting b/c i have shot .22's many times in the past and wasn't anything special to me. We were shooting for a while, and when it became my turn, i passed. The kid kept trying to get me to shoot by calling me names and what not. So i said i would take one shot if he shut the hell up. He agreed, so i shot. The bullet passed through the target, through the hay bale, and towards an empty field surrounded by a barb wire fence. My lucky bullet hit one of the 2" wide metal fence posts and riccochette'd back to hit the kids truck tire and pop it. We all laughed except for the kid who's tire was popped. He flipped out and ran inside to call his parents about what happened. We decided to leave because its not a good idea to stick around a guy who is furious and holding a loaded rifle. He ended up reporting it to the police because about 2 weeks later I got a call from the police, saying to me, "Do you guys want to take care of this between yourselves, or do we have to handle this criminally?" I said I would pay for the tire, which I did. He didn't press charges or anything b/c he knew it was an accident, but someday when i go before the OTS board, do i have to mention this? I received no ticket, nor saw any paper work. Anyone's insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Seriously, are you really asking this question?

Secondly, come up with a new name.

Lastly, let me know and I will kindly delete this thread before too many people make fun of you.

Cheers! M2

I will kindly delete this thread before too many people make fun of you.

M2, before you do...

This one time I got real drunk and I picked up a fat ugly chick. I took her bag to my place, found a paper bag, and we went at it all night. We stopped for a while so she could order a pizza, but other than that we kept going. Nobody saw me take her home, and I deleted all my web cam footage of the two of us.

Should I confess to this, or is it ever going to come up again?

Guest F16crewdwgg

One time I was laying in the bottom bunk and my roomate brang his fat gf over and she was eating cheeze fries... and a piece of nacho cheez fell on my arm. Should I report it?

That is one hell of a shot for a standard .22! Were you on the Grassy Knoll too?

How in the hell did a ricochet from a .22 pop this dude's truck tire? That was the best shot ever!

Beyond that, it sounds like your friends are a bunch of assholes...pushing you into doing something, then whining like a bunch of pansies once you do. Find better friends.

Among the many other things wrong with this post...

Shouldn't the fact that it took the cops two weeks to get back to you let you know its not that big a deal?

Thanks for everyone's opinions. I didn't know how detailed these background searches can be. I won't mention it unless someone asks me about it someday. And "No, M2" I will not change my name. You don't like, you can leave. As for the .22 shot...i simply have no idea, but it was an $80 shot. And if I were involved in such an operation as taking out JFK, I would not be permitted to discuss it. Now that my question has been answered M2 you can take down this thread if you like.

Thanks for everyone's opinions. I didn't know how detailed these background searches can be. I won't mention it unless someone asks me about it someday. And "No, M2" I will not change my name. You don't like, you can leave. As for the .22 shot...i simply have no idea, but it was an $80 shot. And if I were involved in such an operation as taking out JFK, I would not be permitted to discuss it. Now that my question has been answered M2 you can take down this thread if you like.

Wow. You're making friends fast.

I hope you're this much fun in your first squadron...the IPs are gonna get a kick out of you.

Guest ASUcadet

Your friend is a dildo. period. dot. Don't report it if there isn't any proof (I made that mistake with fireworks.... Mexican fireworks). If you're planning on doing OTS then I would suggest the navy cause OTS AF dudes have to be hotter than shit to get a pilot slot. Reference the other OTS posts... Also, at Tyndall II Field Training 2005 they told us that they had 300 guys going through OTS this year (FY2006) because if we had any less they might as well shut down the school. Also, God have mercy on you for talking shit to M2... He's kind of a big deal around here and he has a lot more to contribute to future fighter pilots wannabes than you (nothing personal, just advising that you send him a PM apology and get ready for a lot of shit from real AF pilots).

1. Don't be a tool, change your name. You don't fly a fighter, and you sure as hell aren't an ace.

2. Something tells me the road to your commission, no less a pilot slot, is unpaved, riddled with crevasses and wild animals ready to tear you to pieces. In simpler terms, you better wise up or very soon someone is going to see your true colors and keep you from getting what you want.

:beer:

And "No, M2" I will not change my name. You don't like, you can leave.

Thanks, "fighterace," that made my day more than HerkDerka's post of Major Payne!

You'll go far in the Air Force. Don't let anyone on here convince you otherwise.

Cheers! M2

Thanks M2, I knew you would understand. As far as M2 goes, i have read several forums and threads on this site where M2 has contributed some very insightful info. I have already began to develop an enormous amount of respect for him as well as the other AF pilots on this site. I assume you guys/gals think that a couple of posts on a forum is an accurate judge of character, and that's your business. However, you don't know anything about me, other than I am an aspiring Air Force Pilot. Now, I don't know if this is all b/c of my unintentional hacks at M2 or if this is just "the new guy" hazing, but whatever it is...get over it. I not quiting my dreams b/c a couple of people don't like my name, my question, or for any other reason. I'm not saying that I deserve the same respect as others on this site, but there is something you should remember. Once upon a time, ALL of you were in my shoes. You all looked to fly in the AF, and you were all willing to go through Hell or high water to do it, and you made it, which is by no means an easy achievement. I have every intention to do the same. I know you all probably think of me as a 2-bit, little punk-ass who knows nothing about flying jets. You know something, your probably right. That's why I came to this site, to learn from others who have made it so I can arm myself with the info I need to fight the fierce competition of joining the most illustrious Air Force in the world! I know I may be rough around the edges, but I am actually surprisingly easy to get along with. I have talked to many military officers and pilots(friends, neighbors, etc.) who know me to have moral fiber and evident leadership potential and who think I can make it. P.S. I'll think about changing my name if I come up with anything better. Here's to blue skies and tailwinds.

Guest apags27
Thanks M2, I knew you would understand. As far as M2 goes, i have read several forums and threads on this site where M2 has contributed some very insightful info. I have already began to develop an enormous amount of respect for him as well as the other AF pilots on this site. I assume you guys/gals think that a couple of posts on a forum is an accurate judge of character, and that's your business. However, you don't know anything about me, other than I am an aspiring Air Force Pilot. Now, I don't know if this is all b/c of my unintentional hacks at M2 or if this is just "the new guy" hazing, but whatever it is...get over it. I not quiting my dreams b/c a couple of people don't like my name, my question, or for any other reason. I'm not saying that I deserve the same respect as others on this site, but there is something you should remember. Once upon a time, ALL of you were in my shoes. You all looked to fly in the AF, and you were all willing to go through Hell or high water to do it, and you made it, which is by no means an easy achievement. I have every intention to do the same. I know you all probably think of me as a 2-bit, little punk-ass who knows nothing about flying jets. You know something, your probably right. That's why I came to this site, to learn from others who have made it so I can arm myself with the info I need to fight the fierce competition of joining the most illustrious Air Force in the world! I know I may be rough around the edges, but I am actually surprisingly easy to get along with. I have talked to many military officers and pilots(friends, neighbors, etc.) who know me to have moral fiber and evident leadership potential and who think I can make it. P.S. I'll think about changing my name if I come up with anything better. Here's to blue skies and tailwinds.

Maybe you should write inspiring stories as a career instead?

If my memory serves me, M2's comment was made with regard to your name, not your aspirations. Perhaps futurefighterace would suffice.

No one cares how nice of a guy you are in real life. You are judged by your actions. You rolled in with a goofy username bearing undeserved arrogance. You were called on it. Instead of showing your potential as a good wingman by taking it and STFU, you come up with this nonsense. You are wrong. You will always be wrong, and until you realize that you really don't know anything, your path to your "dreams" will be difficult if not unachievable.

Seriously, STFU. Be a sponge. No one cares what kind of person your friends think you are or what you think you know.

I'm picturing a movie montage with the dramatic voice guy that does all the trailers and that one Geico commericial...

"In a world, where the Baseops regulars are set to put him in his place. One man will shrug off his tire popping past and make a push for the top! Nothing will keep him down in his quest for moral fiber and a rise to the top! This Christmas, OTS dreams are on the wish list in FIGHTERACE!."

Seriously though; good on you for just wanting to get the facts and not letting us push you around. I read this board for years before I decided to jump in and throw myself at the mercy of quite a bit of experience. Best of luck... But like it's been implied here: Always think before you speak, and then most of the time stay quiet. I'm not saying stay quiet in this case; but just advice for the future.

Guest F16crewdwgg

You don't have to prove anything to anyone man. Just relax, this is a forum all in good fun. No one thinks of you any less. When you do enough research and have been on this forum a while, and someone else asks a stupid question, you will see it is stupid and give them a hard time. You can't please everyone. You just need to know many men and woman on the forum are prior and active duty, whether it's typing or talking in person, still remember to show respect. You might wan't to check some people's profiles before you backlash them. Other than that.. give it all you got and you will make it and succeed at whatever you wan't in life.

Regards,

F16crewdawgg.