WACKERS?

HerkFE

Looking to get in touch with some AWAC folks. I may be relocating with my civilian job and would like to talk to someone about opportunities in the Reserve unit at Tinker. If there are any AWAC folks on here PM me. Thanks.

What's to know? You fly an orbit for 10 hours or more at a time and go TDY to all the sh!t holes with 35 goobers onboard who all think they're fgihter pilots.

Why would you give up your life as a C-130 rock star even if it means a commute? Don't do it...

Guest Ftrooper91
I thought there was either a guard or reserve C-130 unit in OKC? I couldnt imagine flying the AWACS after flying a herk.

ShadowNav

OKC's Hercs got sent to Pittsburgh. They are getting folded into the Tankers at Tinker. Stay away from America's War Against Common Sense. After Hercs the stupidity there will make you stroke out.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have elaborated on why I may be making this move. I am trying to transfer to OKC with the FAA. The job that I would be taking with the FAA will have me on the road about 2 out of 3 weeks. For this reason, I think commuting (800 miles) to my unit or even to Dallas (~200 miles) is going to suck more than I am willing to accept. I am coming up on twenty years this June and I could just get out but I don't want to as long as I can keep flying. I am sick that the OKC Guard lost the Herks. I have flown with those guys several times during my trips to the FAA Academy and what a great bunch they are. So basically it looks like it's the E-3 as an FE or retirement. I have accepted the fact that the flying can never be as great as the Herk but I would rather fly on anything than work on anything.

I thought about joining up with the Res AWACS guys when the BRAC came down, but the wife got stationed at Hurlburt so I joined the Reserves down here in Florida.

From what I recall after speaking to them you will fly around once a month, usually a weekend trip, unless things have really changed in the past two years.