Boeing Type Rating?

Guest troxm25

Guest mjk5401
From a -135 guy:

The type rating you get is a B-707; B-720. You are required to have 10 hours of PIC (A-code equivalent). This is from the inspector at both the Miami and OKC FSDOs. I'd look it up, but, I don't really care that much. That's the rules.

FWIW, the ratings you can get from the T-1 is the BE-400 and MU-300, and IIRC, I did need the aeronautical orders and a letter from the commander (and military competency test, as required) to get the applicable FAA ratings.

Good luck!

Thanks GBock, but how did you get 10 hours of PIC in the T-1? Almost my entire class only got 8 hours. Some FSDOs ignore / over look that part (San Antonio), but OKC and Wichita's FSDO have both given me a hard time when I have called them about it.

My buddy who went through St Louis FSDO said they gave him a hard time until one of his Guard buddies called up someone in Wash DC. Some how they were able to get the 10 hour PIC time cleared since it was military training.

Thanks GBock, but how did you get 10 hours of PIC in the T-1? Almost my entire class only got 8 hours. Some FSDOs ignore / over look that part (San Antonio), but OKC and Wichita's FSDO have both given me a hard time when I have called them about it.

My buddy who went through St Louis FSDO said they gave him a hard time until one of his Guard buddies called up someone in Wash DC. Some how they were able to get the 10 hour PIC time cleared since it was military training.

I'm not really sure about that one.... it's been a while. There's a possibility they just looked at primary hours. I did mine through OKC about 5 years ago. I do also remember bringing them my form 8. I think the name of the game is bring them as much paperwork as you can to show them you're qualified... but for the 707/720 they do want the 10 hours PIC.

Guest mjk5401

I went to the FSDO today (finally).

Here is the scoop if you just got done from Altus:

Bring:

1. SARM paperwork showing you have more then 10 hrs PIC time (a copy of both Form 8s is good too) in the KC 135 R

2. Aeronautical Orders

3. A letter of completion from your T6 and T1 Commander

4. Test / Military Competence Airplane (MCA w/ with seal)

5. Your Private Pilot License

If it's your first application for a license or if you loss your old one, bring (in addition to above):

6. Paperwork on your last Medical Exam (your initial military medical exam at your gaining unit works)

To speed up time, you can pre fill out FAA Form 8710

Finally, you should come out with a Commercial Pilot - Airplane Single and Multi Engine Land Instrument Airplane - Then rated in MU-300, BE-400, B-707, B-720. If you never got your private pilots license (IFS people) then you won't get your Single Engine (unless you go up with a CFIC and then do the Flight examining test in a C152, C172, etc...)

All this should be done within 12 months of your T1 flights.

Bottom line, GBock said it best. Bring as much stuff as possible.

Edited by mjk5401