SERE school 100

spectre56

Guest MizzouNav
I completed there SERE CBT today at drill.

I am now an expeditionary Airman.

I finally did mine friday, took 35 mins. I didn't read any of it and just took the tests, only had to take 2 over. It seemed like common sense stuff, but i guess its not bad to have something bring it out in your mind. Probably won't do shit for me in 2 years when i might finally deploy.

I assume you're excused from this CBT if you have actually gone to SERE in Fairchild?

It's still in my list of "To do" on ADLS, and of course it was put there the day after I get back from Fairchild. So if it's in my list, I assume we still have to do it. That said, I plan on waiting till the last sec.

Guest Cap-10

Here's my 2 cents:

1) It doesn't matter if you finished the actual SERE class at Fairchild yesterday or 19 years 364 days ago. Every one has to have it complete no later 30 Jun.

2) I'm seeing a lot of bitching from a bunch of cadets. In my opinion, it's a little early in your career to be whining about how Big Blue does stuff.

3) Take every oppurtunity to better yourself, whether it's a no notice trip to Afghanistan or re-freshing your SERE knowledge. I went to SERE at Fairchild 'many moons ago' and I found it helpful in re-freshing knowledge that I had forgotten. (Note: My caveman brain can only hold so many ping-pong balls on information at one time.)

Bottom Line: :salut: smartly, log onto ADLS, read the content, take the ing test and press on.

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

It's still in my list of "To do" on ADLS, and of course it was put there the day after I get back from Fairchild. So if it's in my list, I assume we still have to do it. That said, I plan on waiting till the last sec.

Interestingly, it wasn't on mine when I did inprocessing in November and had to do the two or three information assurance ones. I have heard nothing official about it from anyone in the squadron, only here.

Here's my 2 cents:

1) It doesn't matter if you finished the actual SERE class at Fairchild yesterday or 19 month 364 days ago. Every one has to have it complete no later 30 Jun.

2) I'm seeing a lot of bitching from a bunch of cadets. In my opinion, it's a little early in your career to be whining about how Big Blue does stuff.

3) Take every opportunity to better yourself, whether it's a no notice trip to Afghanistan or re-freshing your SERE knowledge. I went to SERE at Fairchild 'many moons ago' and I found it helpful in re-freshing knowledge that I had forgotten. (Note: My caveman brain can only hold so many ping-pong balls on information at one time.)

Bottom Line: :salut: smartly, log onto ADLS, read the content, take the fucking test and press on.

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

I'll throw a dime on top of that, Cap-10 nailed it...STFU and take the online training. I know you cadets think you are smarter than the USAF, but even old retired shits like myself who don't even need it are taking the SERE CBT. Why? 'Cause you can never be too smart or too good looking! I know, I've tried both...

And you can pat yourselves on the back for figuring ways to get around the training, but what is the real objective here? This isn't the CBT on human trafficking or some other useless subject, as Cap-10 said there is info that you either forgot or never retained in the first place. Take the time to go through this and see if you might make yourself a little smarter (or at least better looking!).

Cheers! M2

Guest MizzouNav

I read stuff that i thought was important, like the makeshift medicine stuff. Some was actually interesting. I just figure why d it so early when none of us will deploy for at least a year or two for non-rated and even longer for most rated cadets. I could see this being something to do before you deploy, i am just not sure if making someone do it at the beginning of their senior year or last minute here ya go to the 5th years will actually help anything.

And i think most of us did STFU and do the damn thing. I didn't bitch at my cadre or anything.

EDIT i wish i could type

Escuse me while I call you out...just a few posts about the one you just made...

I read stuff that i thought was important, like the makeshift medicine stuff. Some was actually interesting. I just figure why d it so early when none of us will deploy for at least a year or two for non-rated and even longer for most rated cadets. I could see this being something to do before you deploy, i am just not sure if making someone do it at the beginning of their senior year or last minute here ya go to the 5th years will actually help anything.

And i think most of us did STFU and do the damn thing. I didn't bitch at my cadre or anything.

EDIT i wish i could type

You stated...

I finally did mine friday, took 35 mins. I didn't read any of it and just took the tests, only had to take 2 over. It seemed like common sense stuff, but i guess its not bad to have something bring it out in your mind. Probably won't do shit for me in 2 years when i might finally deploy

So what was it, you only read the important stuff, or you didn't read any of it and just took the tests? Never mind, I already know the answer; but you've got 2 years to get your shit together. I would start now...

Cheers! M2

1) It doesn't matter if you finished the actual SERE class at Fairchild yesterday or 19 month 364 days ago. Every one has to have it complete no later 30 Jun.

Copy. I hadn't heard the 30 Jun thing. Not that I wasn't going to do it, just hasn't been high on the priority list.

Guest keystone215

If you spend more than 20 minutes, slap yourself...

....at ASBC we all raced for the lowest time, one guy did it in something like 12-13 minutes.

....we had one ###### get all pissed becasue "if the AF wants us to do it, it's probably important and we should take it seriously"

....Don't be that guy, no one liked him, and now he's gona be a personnelist (figures)...last time i checked, if a computer tutorial is gona save your life if you get captured, then the bad guys rushed through their CBT on the correct angle to cut through the human neck.

• 11 months later...
is this thing still required? my det hasn't said anything to me about it and i commission in 3 weeks...

We had to run through it here by last week... a buddy of mine took it once and actually breezed through the reading for amusement's sake in some short time and took the 'test'. I took the CD and ran through it- I do believe the time was 8 minutes from start to finish, but that's with the prior knowledge.

Our commander told us to make a copy of the certificate and bring it with us to Maxwell- then, we wouldn't have to do it down there. Sounds good to me.

Worthless, so why do worthless twice?