SERE school 100

spectre56

So, I just got an email from our Det CC saying that a SERE CBT is coming out in the next couple of weeks or so. Anybody else get this? I've been through actual SERE school and I just can't see how effective a CBT is going to be for it (are they effective for anything??). Is this the mandatory SERE training the CSAF spoke of recently?

Edited by spectre56

Well...I seem to remember taking CBT while I was there. Or maybe it's just blendin' in with the rest of my life...

If they made you take them ahead of time, I don't know...that idea is stupid.

However, since we've solve the whole Trafficing in Persons now, maybe we could...ah, nevermind.

BENDY

We had to take that at ASBC. You're right, it's a waste of time. Since we didn't have a whole lot of time to take it (unless you came after hours), we all breezed through it, noted the wrong answers and took the test again. Click "print," collect your official certificate, and shazzam! You're now qualified to use a stapler without supervision!

I think I read in the AF Times that everyone (not just aircrew, CCT, SOF, and a few other specialized career fields) is going to get more SERE training.

Since they can't send everyone to Fairchild, another CBT (with another password for you to forget and a certificate that never prints properly) is the next logical choice.

We had to take that at ASBC. You're right, it's a waste of time. Since we didn't have a whole lot of time to take it (unless you came after hours), we all breezed through it, noted the wrong answers and took the test again. Click "print," collect your official certificate, and shazzam! You're now qualified to use a stapler without supervision!

Isn't that the SOP for EVERY CBT?

I don't think there's any way that the second half of the SERE acronym can possibly be taught effectively (or securely!) through a damned CBT.

If you want to call it survival and evasion training, sure call it that, but don't do mis-justice to the SERE career fields and everyone of us that went through the real deal.

Guest Alphabet soup

we got some CD today. COC told us to complete it and print out a certificate before we commission.

I like how we get to learn this stuff via a CD. :rainbow:

I'm almost done with this "hardcore" training, and while informative on a basic level, nothing near what actual SERE school is like (obviously)...and not at all helpful if this is the "mandatory SERE training" the CSAF speaks of.

My CD doesn't even work correctly!! I told the Det/CC about this and he just laughed and told me that was the norm.

:salut: Good job big blue! :bash:

Wow. Haven't heard anything about this, but then again our NCO has a habit of letting us know we need to do something 3 days after we already missed the suspense. So what is the purpose of this? SERE 101 before you actually get to SERE School?

Or you could just take the quiz, fail it, note the correct answers and then retake for a passing grade. You're done in 10 min. If you do anything other than that on a CBT, you're an idiot.

That is the absolute truth!

The certificate says 6 hours. :banghead: I think it took me about 15 minutes.

Or you could just take the quiz, fail it, note the correct answers and then retake for a passing grade. You're done in 10 min. If you do anything other than that on a CBT, you're an idiot.

You can also use Explorer to "View Source", look at the HTML code, and get the answers that way. Doesn't work for every CBT (couldn't tell you if the SERE one is one that works or not).

I honestly can't see getting anything helpful out of a CBT. I think we did take one at Fairchild, and it was largely about how to use the survival radios.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OfficerIn2008

Heard last week from my COC that we have the training at the det and we are going to do it in our AS 400 class next semester.

• 3 months later...
Guest F16crewdwgg
yea this morning in our as400 class our commander came in and gave us the form16 counseling on the sere cbt he says it takes like 5 hours to complete :thumbsdown: :banghead:

So not all Form 16's are bad? Cause I was told I'd have to fill one out if I wanted to drop a class and go on special status.. so I don't effect my GPA.

So not all Form 16's are bad? Cause I was told I'd have to fill one out if I wanted to drop a class and go on special status.. so I don't effect my GPA.

Yeah, they are basically used to document that you were counseled about something as a CYA if more bad stuff happens. Whether they are bad or not depends on what you got counseled for.

• 1 month later...