Squadron Mug Holder

GBock

Esteemed Assembly:

Who makes those large wall peg boards/shelves/racks/etc to hold all your mugs in the squadron bar? I'm in desperate need of one.

I'm sure I can design one and build it myself, but I'm typically too drunk to do so due to the fact that there is no where to hang/store my mug with pride.

Thanks for the help! :beer:

We had one of our motivated (and skilled) loadmasters build our mug peg boards in the 36th. He actually built three of them for separate areas behind our bar. I dunno where you could go online to get the custom board... I bet you'd need to build it yourself to make sure it will fit.

lieutenants...

SHACK

The best one I've seen is at an old A-7 squadron...where a bomb rack hangs from the ceiling and there are wooden bombs

mounted on it with mug hooks.

Ken, it's time for the LPA to step up!

lieutenants...

Yup. We had a B course make two huge placards, each in the shape of an F-15, with enough pegs for all the instructors mugs. We had a later B course who got sick of drinking out of plastic cups, so they made a third F-15 mug holder and bought enough mugs for everybody with "FNG (1-24)" on them.

Ken, it's time for the LPA to step up!

Trust me, the LPA stepped up designing and building the entire bar over about 10 months... we just couldn't work the mug pegboard into the Japanese construction contract. Our motivated NCO made our pegboard, our velcro wall area for hanging nametags AND wired our Bose system through the ceiling. He's a self help master... we lucked out having him help out. It would have looked like shit if I tried to do it myself.