Stan/Eval Testing

Aurora85

About to take my first testing outta UPT in a few weeks. Curious if there are any good strategies to go about taking the open book, closed book, and IRC tests? Ive heard about going in there with EPUBS and just searcihng that way? Should I spread the tests out over a few days? Any tips would be appreciated!

About to take my first testing outta UPT in a few weeks. Curious if there are any good strategies to go about taking the open book, closed book, and IRC tests? Ive heard about going in there with EPUBS and just searcihng that way? Should I spread the tests out over a few days? Any tips would be appreciated!

Open Book - Know where to find everything in the regs and RTFQ.

Closed Book - Print out the MQF and commit everything to memory. All the questions are (should be) from the MQF, so if you can waste a few brain cells and memorize a couple hundred questions, you'll ace it

IRC: YGBFSM. If your instructor doesn't walk out of the room with the answer sheet on the desk, you need a new IRC instructor.

Guest Sparky
IRC: YGBFSM. If your instructor doesn't walk out of the room with the answer sheet on the desk, you need a new IRC instructor.

You guys still going through IRC w/ a instructor? In ACC we take the CBT, it's pretty awesome...you can challenge all the test on the 5 hour course and can usually get it done in around 30 minutes. You still have to do 1-2 hours of Hot Topics with an IRC instructor (1-2 hours depends on if you elect to do an hour in the sim w/ low-vis work), but there is no written test. We do still however have our instrument exam (open book) that we take with our checkride testing..but that is totally separate from the IRC and as long as you use Stanevil pubs...the answers are marked.

Guest JorryFright21
Epubs are/were awesome. Hurlburt recently decided that no more epubs for stan/eval testing. Oh yeah, and your hard copies can't be highlighted because you might be cheating... BS.

No highlighting? That's :rainbow: Sounds like a shoe clerk is making the rules at Hurby. The ePubs thing seems to be a cycle though. You can, you can't, you can, you can't...

No highlighting? That's :rainbow: Sounds like a shoe clerk is making the rules at Hurby. The ePubs thing seems to be a cycle though. You can, you can't, you can, you can't...

Our chief of Stan/Eval is all about knowing where the answers are...so he says that using epubs on open book is VERY much welcome.

For the dudes who are against it, they belong back at the UPT bases! :flipoff:

Pubs = PUBLICATIONS

E-Pubs = Electronic PUBLICATIONS

If I could have had e-pubs when I worked in Stan/Eval, I would have been psyched.

"E-pubs? Nah, I'd rather just maintain 5 current copies of each -1 and AFI for the testing room." :banghead:

Gotta love it. I wish they'd issue everone some Sense, Common 1 Ea.

Epubs are/were awesome. Hurlburt recently decided that no more epubs for stan/eval testing. Oh yeah, and your hard copies can't be highlighted because you might be cheating... BS.

Yeah, no kidding... WTF is up with that!?

My stuff is hi-lighted... So I hi-lighted stuff that I want to remember.. is OGV going to control how I study now? Ugh.. we're gonna have to start coming over to HRT to take tests starting on Tuesday... suck factor = high.

Maybe you should tell your Evaulators to get new questions to add to their awesome "bank of questions" to play stump the dummy with so they won't get butt hurt over highlighting.

Guest JorryFright21
My stuff is hi-lighted... So I hi-lighted stuff that I want to remember.. is OGV going to control how I study now? Ugh.. we're gonna have to start coming over to HRT to take tests starting on Tuesday... suck factor = high.

All my stuff is hi-lighted as well, and I could care less if they told me not to. If they want me taking the test with un-marked copies of the pubs, they better provide at the time of the test everytime. That doesn't always happen...

For the dudes who are against it, they belong back at the UPT bases! :flipoff:

UPT bases...Vance being one where E-pubs are now allowed. The FCIF came out last week. Hazing can only go so far against the BIG BLUE money machine. Who said money isn't everything?

Vance being one where E-pubs are now allowed. The FCIF came out last week.

Doesn't matter...check flight trumps the FCIF and says you still have to have the normal paper pubs. So the only thing that E-pubs helps w/ is just printing out the pages w/ FCIF changes instead of having to write them in. At least they're useful for something.

Doesn't matter...check flight trumps the FCIF and says you still have to have the normal paper pubs. So the only thing that E-pubs helps w/ is just printing out the pages w/ FCIF changes instead of having to write them in. At least they're useful for something.

yup that sounds about right...check flight at most UPT bases consist of FAIP's. The FAIP mofia is always trying to bust balls so they still have an outlet to vent their frustration. Though I know a couple of FAIP's and they actually enjoy doing what they're doing so I'm not trying to bust on ALL FAIP's.

Only the leadership can REALLY enforce FCIF's anyways. At least they're letting you use it for something.

The FAIP mofia is always trying to bust balls so they still have an outlet to vent their frustration.
Yes,... FAIP's are just so frustrated. You know, come to think of it, they've been that way for over 20 years, and they STILL haven't gotten over it. You see, it has nothing to do with the person: they were pre-destined to become FAIP's, which accounts for the fact that all the "cool" pilots, and the pilots that are not the type to become "frustrated", are generally not FAIP'd. AFPC gets a psychological makeup of all the students in a UPT class, and consults with the Flying Training Wings to ensure this happens.

I hear that the FAIP "mofia" (sic) actually gets together on Tuesday nights to plot their ball-busting strategy.

Though I know a couple of FAIP's and they actually enjoy doing what they're doing so I'm not trying to bust on ALL FAIP's.

Yeah, I know what you mean. EVERY fighter pilot out there is an absolute, egotistical tool. Can't stand them. But, I've got a couple of friends that are fighter pilots, and, of course, they're ok guys.

Edited by Huggyu2